A-10C Campaign: Operation Jackal

In Mission 2 since I was out of ammo and low on fuel I landed and rearmed before contacting JTACs for the new targets. When I took off I had a CDU failure, don't know why, didn't get shot at or take damage. When I exited the mission the campaign made me go back to mission 1.

• Like 1

In Mission 2 since I was out of ammo and low on fuel I landed and rearmed before contacting JTACs for the new targets. When I took off I had a CDU failure, don't know why, didn't get shot at or take damage. When I exited the mission the campaign made me go back to mission 1.

There is no random failures or forced failures setup in the mission, so I am unsure of how it happened to you. Make sure you do not have random failures turned on in your options.

EDIT!! I forgot about the mission start of 50. I will do this and see if it works. Basically, if the score is 49 it's a failure, if it's 50 it's a draw, and higher than 50 is a success. I will edit the campaign missions for the goals to see if this works. My first campaign so I am trying to make sure all fixes go in, so far so good. I will update this when I change all the goals/scoring.

- I have edited and fixed this issue in 1.3

Edited by Quirkitized

Ok version 1.3 added, edited up first post as well.

- Fixed mission scoring for single player. This should prevent missions reverting to previous missions on exit.

- Added weather info to briefing for MP COOP, as in MP you can't see it in biefing.

- Fixed mission 1 MP COOP loadout, mistakenly had training mavericks on instead of the real ones :D

Thanks again zeke and everybody else, think the campaign is getting to the point of being really ironed out.

If playing an older version, just install like normal and continue play.

If you downloaded v1.3 mp coop before 1/16/2013, please re-download. I had link to wrong v1.3 package that didn't include update for mission 1 loadout. This only effected about five people that downloaded the previous 1.3 before I updated the link.

Edited by Quirkitized

I can't download the v.1.3 version from rapidshare. Strange as v1.1 was working. Any chance to get this somewhere else?

Solved: Had to disable AdBlock for rapidshare. Now it works.

Edited by tintifaxl

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Added the individual missions. For those that have already completed the campaign or if you just finished a mission and want to replay a mission. Just download them, put them in an easy to access folder, otherwise if u wanted to replay a mission you would have to go into campaign folder each time and select it there, so this should make it easier to load them.

Thank you for PM's and bring mission 5 to my attention. I simulated it about 10 times and the soldier always ran his route correctly, however sometimes it appears he would get stuck on the cargo trains and just run in circles. I have changed the ammo depot area in mission 5 and his route to hopefully make this a non issue anymore, and you can complete the mission.

v1.4

- Mission 5: (SP & MP Fix) Fixed an issue preventing mission 5 from completing. Adjusted uzi cargo soldier route (again). Cleaned up vehicles around him and change route a little, so he shouldn't get stuck anymore. Also added a secondary trigger for a win, once Uzi takes off for RTB's it'll be a victory, in case the demo team fails to blowup ammo.

- Changed a few waypoints in all missions, (ie: removed some rtb in 2 waypoints as most missions it wasn't needed)

Edited by Quirkitized

Today I finished third mission. Easy one to finish I found it! One think I believe is little weird is weather. In the beginning of the mission it was snowing but you could see up in the sky the stars. No clouds at all!!! Maybe you should change that Quirq.

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Today I finished third mission. Easy one to finish I found it! One think I believe is little weird is weather. In the beginning of the mission it was snowing but you could see up in the sky the stars. No clouds at all!!! Maybe you should change that Quirq.

The base is set to 1700m (5700 feet or just above a mile high), density is 5, so you should see the snow on ground, but above 1700m you wouldn't see it.

So for that mission you'll really only see it around the time you take off from Krasnodar, and landing at krymsk, or if you go below 5700~ish feet for an attack.

I may adjust it to a higher base, but for now i think it's okay, not worth a version update.

Just finished the campaign (v1.2). I thoroughly enjoyed it, great job and thank you very much, Quirk! :)

Just two things didn't go that smoothly:

On the first mission, in the final phase, the soldier got stuck behind a tent and the mission never succeeded. I had to restart the campaign. Second attempt, I think I did everything just like the first time, but this time it was successful.

I saved a track of my first attempt at mission 1 (had to upload to my own webspace because track was too big for forum), maybe it'll help you figure out what caused the problem. Recorded in 1.2.2.7570 (And yes, I tried to land at the wrong runway of the wrong airport. Thanks for watching 'till the end... :) ).

Second thing: I had almost finished the campaign. While loading mission 6, I Alt-Tabbed out of the DCS World loading screen (not usually a problem), and windows reported that the task was no longer responsive. After waiting some two or so minutes, I killed the task. Then the DCS flight-report-screen opened, telling me I had committed fratricide, lost of my combat scores because of it, and I had actually won the campaign.

I assume that last part is something that ED more or less screwed up. I never even touched the controls in that particular mission because the game crashed, but DCS appears to register it as a (successful) flight. I've had that problem in other campaigns as well (dating back to at least 1.1.1.1). Just thought I'd report it because others may have the same problem in the future.

The really cool thing though, and I'd send you additional reputation if the forum let me, Quirk, is that you included the single missions in your first post, so I just flew the final mission and completed it on the first try, so I feel like I really nailed the campaign even though there was a little hiccup. :)

Once again, great job and thanks a lot! :yes:

That is quite odd about what happened on mission 6 with the alt tab. I'll take a look at the track for mission 1. This is first time I've heard the soldier got stuck, I may adjust and re-design the soldiers route area if need be. I had to do this for mission 5.

It's quite difficult sometimes, if you want to simulate a soldier running around objects and dead objects, their route logic can vary even if 10/10 times it works perfectly, then one time they might side step something and then run in circles.

Glad you enjoyed the campaign!

Edit: I watched the track and seen him do it. I'll work on changing the route for a future update, I am trying to find as many issues as I can before I do updates so I can get as many in at a time so people don't have so many to download, but thankfully it's not too bad just download, overwrite old files and continue playing. Thankfully, most of the bugs are ironed out. Damn infantry and their route running.

Edited by Quirkitized
  • Like 1

Finaly I've finished this campaign. Overall, a very nice campaign with a good balance between realism and fun.

I just have a couple of things I would like to be finetuned for next missions.

-More real payload.

-Increase distance from base to target. In this campaign, engagement zone is almost within airbase flight patern. This is a bit to much, I think.

-Payload better suited for missions. Having clusters on last mission for urban environment doesn't feel right.

-Corrected orders from Jtac. Asking two full load Hogs to do a cannon pass on targets with a lot of Sams and heavy tanks is asking for trouble.

As I said, this little adjustments don't reflect the quality of this missions and everything else is spot on. Even payloads on this missions are much better than the vast majority of missions find here. The fun that I had doing this campaign with a couple of friends will make me come back later and redo in a few months.

Thx and I hope more like this.

Alexandre

• Like 1

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1658676#post1658676

this is a question i have, in particular for this great campaign!!

Answer in that thread.

Finaly I've finished this campaign. Overall, a very nice campaign with a good balance between realism and fun.

I just have a couple of things I would like to be finetuned for next missions.

-More real payload.

-Increase distance from base to target. In this campaign, engagement zone is almost within airbase flight patern. This is a bit to much, I think.

-Payload better suited for missions. Having clusters on last mission for urban environment doesn't feel right.

-Corrected orders from Jtac. Asking two full load Hogs to do a cannon pass on targets with a lot of Sams and heavy tanks is asking for trouble.

As I said, this little adjustments don't reflect the quality of this missions and everything else is spot on. Even payloads on this missions are much better than the vast majority of missions find here. The fun that I had doing this campaign with a couple of friends will make me come back later and redo in a few months.

Thx and I hope more like this.

Alexandre

Good feedback, thanks. I will look into adjusting payloads for each mission, especially the last mission. The clusters really aren't useful anyway with the high wind.

Version 1.5 should be soon, and will most likely be a final edit for this campaign.

I am glad you enjoyed it, I will take all I learned from the feedback here and this campaign into the next one, whenever that may be.

Version 1.5 added. Unfortunately it's not compatible with the previous versions as the file naming structure was changed. This was because I am going to also release it on DCS website user files, and did not want version #'s in the campaign and missions as it may cause confusion. It will also clear up clutter as any future versions for single player campaign and multiplayer will simply overwrite existing files.

However, if you were playing a previous version, v1.5 is just a small couple tweaks to ready it for an "real" release on the website, you're not missing too much.

v1.5

- V1.5 is not compatible with previous versions. The reason for this is, moving forward, I did not want version numbers in filenames and campaign as it may cause confusion. The campaign is in a good state, so I will be releasing it on DCS website as well as here. You can always check your current version in the briefing.

- Mission 1 uzi ground soldier adjusted to (hopefully) avoid randomly, rarely, being stuck.

- Mission 6 payload changed.

- Mission 6 adjustment to jackal, sometimes he would go defensive on foot. This didn't prevent you from killing him or the outcome of the campaign, but it's a storyline fix to allow him to run to chopper.

- Added readme back into zip and updated it.

- Added multiplayer and single player into one package. There was really no need for two seperate installs. Now you will always have both and can simply chose which to play.

Thanks for all the support and great feedback, good or bad, it was all constructive, nearly all things suggested was tweaked/added/fixed. I will try to work on a new campaign and do better voice overs in the future.

Edited by Quirkitized

• 4 weeks later...

Quirk, as always, great missions, got lazy on Mission 2 playing with a buddy and took some AAA to the face. Keep it up man!

Mission one video here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1678104&postcount=1

Edited by Ranger79

Glad your enjoying it Ranger, and as always feel free to make edits to any of them, just make sure to keep having fun!

I'm working on a new campaign, that was my first one, and my first time doing voice overs so they were....hmm pretty snooze fest but better than no audio i guess.

Nice video also :)

Glad your enjoying it Ranger, and as always feel free to make edits to any of them, just make sure to keep having fun!

I'm working on a new campaign, that was my first one, and my first time doing voice overs so they were....hmm pretty snooze fest but better than no audio i guess.

Nice video also :)

Let me know if you need any voice actors, just send me a script!

• 2 weeks later...