mission editor nodes and templates

dmatsch

I can't seem to dig up detailed info on how to use the mission editor's nodes and templates features.

Under the menu "nodes", you select the node on the map you want the template at. Pick US or Russian template, then blue or red boxes appear on the map at your selected template.

After I click the "Generate" button on the node page, nothing happens. Are the units in the template automatically placed at this point? Assuming I created a player aircraft, could I just hit the "play mission" button and see all the units the template was supposed to generate?

Could someone please point me to a decent detailed tutorial? the one from Ka-50 is too old, and doesn't have enough detail on how to use this.

thank you.

yikes. no responses?

The "generate" button definitely doesn't do anything. All I can do is edit the templates, and move the red and blue boxes around.

how do you actually get the selected template to generate in all those red and blue boxes?

Nothing I've really played around with myself. I'll try to take a look either tonight or tomorrow morning. If I understand correctly, you've selected/highlighted a node, check marked the templates you want to use in the node, and clicked GENERATE and got nothing?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Checked and everything seems to be working fine. Selected Mission Generator/Nodes. Selected the Node I wanted to use. Check marked and unchecked the templates I wanted to use. Hit the GENERATE button and the elements were placed on the map.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.