Free Flight & User Created Weapons Load?

XCLTM3

Hi all,

I've scoured the manual (yes, all 216 pages) and not located a section detailing where in the DCS Menu I can choose to Free Flight and choose my own Weapons Load.

Does this exist anywhere?

I've been using the same Training Mission in the DCS menu over and over, however I'm not getting the freedom to load the aircraft with the weapons of my choice.

eg: I'd like to test the various Maverick models.

Appreciate any assistance.

Rgds,

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.2 - RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz - GPU: NVidia GTX 960 4Gb - Monitor: ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 - MB: Z97X-UD5H BK - SSD: 2 x Samsung Pro 512Gb - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - O/S: Win 7 Pro 64

Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.

Hi all,

I've scoured the manual (yes, all 216 pages) and not located a section detailing where in the DCS Menu I can choose to Free Flight and choose my own Weapons Load.

I've been using the same Training Mission in the DCS menu over and over, however I'm not getting the freedom to load the aircraft with the weapons of my choice.

Rgds,

Not sure, what the problem is. If you want free flight and choosing a loadout of your choice, why not simply use the ME (mission editor). Here you can creat whatever you want .

It`s true , as far as I know, that you can not edit the training missions.

If you need help, there`s always the forum and the f..... manual.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Open up the free flight mission in the Quickstart folder. Then get your ground crew to change the payload to what you want.

Alternatively, use the mission editor - it's a lot easier than people think - to set up a simple flight. All you have to do is put an A-10C at an airfield of your choice, mark it as a player aircraft and starting from the ramp, and that's it.

Go into the plane and again, get the groundcrew to load the payload you require.

You can also plonk down some targets nearby to shoot at - it's very simple, I worked it all out for myself when I started, and I'm no superbrain! You don't need a flight plan or such like - just a plane on the ground and some targets.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Mission Editor. I copied--was inspired by--a really cool training mission I saw on YouTube. When you first start up the ME, zoom out a bit and then click and drag to the lower left coastline...you'll see an airport with an "X" shaped runway.

Select "vehicles" and put a line of unarmed trucks on each runway. Maybe put a few trucks in the grassy areas nearby. Be sure to change the country designator to something other than US.

Northeast of this runway (about 1-2 miles) is another airport with a single runway...launch from there so you can practice takeoffs and landings after having your pyrotechnic fun.

In the game, you can go to settings/gameplay and set ammo to unlimited so you don't have to land to rearm.

Watch YouTube videos if this doesn't make sense...heck, watch the videos anyway (search for DCS mission editor tutorial).

There are a number of youtube videos on the mission editor - this 5 minute video covers the basics for creating a 'quick flight' training mission.

There are lots of other ME tutorials, including slower paced and/or more in depth (adding radio beacons, triggers, scripts, etc.) but this should get you going.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Got it gentlemen, thanks very much.

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.2 - RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz - GPU: NVidia GTX 960 4Gb - Monitor: ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 - MB: Z97X-UD5H BK - SSD: 2 x Samsung Pro 512Gb - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - O/S: Win 7 Pro 64

Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.

Hi all,

Rgds,

Hey there, have you checked this manual out? I reckon it's the A-10C bible

http://www.mediafire.com/?yfilpl8nt0cve90

..and this one is awesome for quick reference or loading a page or two into your kneeboard

http://www.mediafire.com/?trhgf907o5anv9b

:thumbup:

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Hey there, have you checked this manual out? I reckon it's the A-10C bible

http://www.mediafire.com/?yfilpl8nt0cve90

..and this one is awesome for quick reference or loading a page or two into your kneeboard

http://www.mediafire.com/?trhgf907o5anv9b

@GazAce,

thanks very much for the info....I'll be checking it out asap.

Rgds,

This one works, cheers!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/dcs_a-10c_flight_manual_en/

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉