CH Pro Fighterstick

I used one for more than 15 years, and I still have it. It soldiers on with no issues. I have zero complaints, and would never try to talk anyone out of getting CH products.

In the last year I moved to the VKB Gladiator Pro, and a TM Warthog (for the stick handle). Both are upgrades in the overall feel, but I can honestly say the CH FighterStick is more than adequate for any simmers needs.

It's the Volvo of flightsticks. Not very flashy but dependable. I'm sure gimbal sticks are more precise and don't have that little bit of extra resistance CH does when pitch and rolling at same time but for the money it feels pretty good.

I've had to tighten some connections after a few years use but +1 on no complaints.

Edited by cthulhu68

I have been using the X52 for years, and I also own an X55. Although I like both sticks, each has it's issues as far as my taste.

I like to have tension on the stick when I fly so it sounds like the CH has that going for it. What I really like is the 3 hat switches. It looks to me like it combines the best of the X52, and 55. Although I wish that all sticks came with the 2 stage trigger of the X52. It is one of the main reasons I use the X52 mostly (nice for the A10). I have pro pedals and cannot complain about them. They've been great for the past several years.

I just got a line on the CH stick for $40 and thought that I might give it a whirl.

Thanks for your input and opinions guys!

I must admit, I didn't like mine. Ordered it in January, returned for full refund in February.

Just wasn't up to snuff for me - felt cheap and nasty. I had the Pro Throttle, too, which I also returned. The action was way too loose, and I couldn't think of a decent enough way to stiffen it. It was far too easy to move the throttle accidentally, or even just without even realising it, whilst flying. Oh yes - the dials on the stick were extremely stiff, too, making them almost useless. They had a tendency to throw out the calibration, as you can read on the forum (can't remember what it was called) for the CH apps.

It was also difficult to estimate the throttle position by feel.

Bought an X-56 instead and far happier with it.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I must admit, I didn't like mine. Ordered it in January, returned for full refund in February.

Just wasn't up to snuff for me - felt cheap and nasty. I had the Pro Throttle, too, which I also returned. The action was way too loose, and I couldn't think of a decent enough way to stiffen it. It was far too easy to move the throttle accidentally, or even just without even realising it, whilst flying. Oh yes - the dials on the stick were extremely stiff, too, making them almost useless. They had a tendency to throw out the calibration, as you can read on the forum (can't remember what it was called) for the CH apps.

It was also difficult to estimate the throttle position by feel.

Bought an X-56 instead and far happier with it.

Hmm....I'll have to get back with you when I get the stick and try it out. I get that different people have different tastes when it comes to this stuff. To be honest, I actually like the old Logitech Attack sticks for the WWII modules. It feels very natural to me.

I'll let you know how I feel about the Ch stick when I get it set up and use it a few times.

Great stuff CH products. I use the Combatstick, (very similar to the fighterstick)

Pro throttle (kinda Hotas) and the pedals. Happy with it.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Potentiometers based on friction are a thing of the past millenium.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....Been playing with this CH Fighterstick for a few days now. I really like it. Much more versatile than the X52 or the 55. Feels better in my hand, has a very natural grip and movement. It's also dead on for the A10C. So between it and my X55 Throttle, I'm pretty comfortable. Much more so than with any other stick I have used.

This stick and it's potentiometers isn't a thing of the past for me. I'm shelving my two other "New millennium" sticks for now.

Sometimes older is better.

I still have my CH Fighterstick and CH Throttle sitting on the shelve here. Used to love them until the throttle started to spike widely. However, beside the use of potis, the build quality and the industrial strength plastic used is still great, imho.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I used X52 Pro for a while.

Then I tried the CH Fighterstick and Throttle, the X52 has sat in the closet playing dust catcher every since.

It has a much better feel in the hands than the X52. If I ever get the madness and decide to spend $500.00 on a stick I might try the Warthog.:joystick:

I still have my CH Fighterstick and CH Throttle sitting on the shelve here. Used to love them until the throttle started to spike widely. However, beside the use of potis, the build quality and the industrial strength plastic used is still great, imho.

I also had an issue with jitter on the Throttle.

I did some reading on the subject, which was suggesting that the jitter spikes were due to movement of the wires attached to the main throttle potentiometer. I watched a vid to understand how complex it was, then stripped the bottom of the unit, bent the 3 pins away from the sled, taped the wires to a solid bit of plastic and screwed the bottom back on. Took around 5 mins in total and seems to have completely solved my issues. Give it a try.

Whilst the technology might not be bleeding edge, also means that it's easy to maintain.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I also had an issue with jitter on the Throttle.

I did some reading on the subject, which was suggesting that the jitter spikes were due to movement of the wires attached to the main throttle potentiometer. I watched a vid to understand how complex it was, then stripped the bottom of the unit, bent the 3 pins away from the sled, taped the wires to a solid bit of plastic and screwed the bottom back on. Took around 5 mins in total and seems to have completely solved my issues. Give it a try.

Whilst the technology might not be bleeding edge, also means that it's easy to maintain.

I have actually had these issues with the X52. Crazy Twitching. I did something similar, I hot glued it and it usually worked.

I just ordered one of these out of sheer curiosity. Anyone use em? I have read that they're very good sticks.

Any opinions?

Thx:smilewink:

Have had my CH Products trio of Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals for 7 years and still going.

I use my setups almost daily.

Plan is, when they need fixing to return to factory for refurbishing (if they still do this) and buy a new set for replacement and have the other set as backup.

But mine still works just fine. They work great flying the copters and their fine moves like hovering very gingerly.

I use velcro adhesive tape to secure my controllers to my office desk setup and pedals to the floor---they do not move around at all.

CH Hanger is the place for more info http://www.ch-hangar.com/

and meet Ken King (531_Ghost) and do a Google search for his A-10C setup and Crunch's BS 2 setup .maps . Don't know if Ghost and Captain_Crunch still use the CH Products gear currently.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/109-control-manager-dummies-guide/

As to glitches? There are usually workarounds. Just got to dig deep with searching for fix-ups.

CH Products FighterStick Calibration

=======================

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Holy cow!!! Just got the Mi-8 set up with a new load of DCS and I have been flying it using the Fighterstick. I cannot believe the difference in control. I really disliked flying the Mi-8 with my Saitek gear, but it's no problem at all with the CH pro stick. It's like night and day. Amazing!! So much more control.

That alone is well worth the price I payed.

Saitek just took a back seat the CH Pro. I'm very happy I purchased it!!

I just ordered one of these out of sheer curiosity. Anyone use em? I have read that they're very good sticks.

Any opinions?

Thx:smilewink:

I wrote a review about CH stuff. It is great. The company will send you potentiometers if yours go bad. Even out of warranty free of charge. Its so easy to replace and fixes the spikes. I've had my CH stuff for 4 years