Piercing Fury is a cut above the rest

GazAce

Well after 4 Campaigns under my belt and now about half way through Piercing Fury I must say this one is absolutely awesome! Man oh man I thought nothing could top Enemy Within (hey no offence BD ) PF is not only engaging, interesting and rewarding, it makes you think about what to do before you do it. And I love the fact that in every mission so far I've been made to use my CDU to punch in coordinates, hey there's nothing more rewarding than taking that target out that you've hunted down. I've only popped up labels once or twice as there's plenty of tools to help you get the job done and also your wingmen are always ready to help you pound your enemy into oblivion. I'm totally engrossed in this one and the story keeps continuing from mission to mission and doesn't miss a beat. The Briefings are really well laid out with a plethora of info and post mission summary and the radio chatter and voice overs are very cool and sometimes pretty funny too. It's got a different feel about it than the other Campaigns had, I dunno, like bohemian or something, whatever it is, it's just great. I just wish it was longer but for $13AU I can't complain. Oh yea and so far no errors. If you haven't flown it yet and thinking about it, go for it, it's a beauty. Well, that's my take on Piercing Fury and I'm hoping more to come are kinda like this one.

Cheers, peace out G thumbup.gifpilotfly.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Haha, none taken. Actually I do agree that PF is better in many regards than TEW and Ranger did a damn good job on this one.

Having said that, TEW was also my first campaign which I built and I went a long, long way since then - and hope to keep improving the stuff I do. I am working slowly on a new A-10C campaign in Caucasus (as a side project to A-10C Iron Flag which will be a story - driven training campaign and M-2000C Red Flag). So hope to raise the bar even higher in the coming months!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I appreciate all the kind words. BD is a staple in the community and continues to push the bar. We have a great community and strive to help each other. I am sure BD's upcoming campaign will be awesome. Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I appreciate all the kind words. BD is a staple in the community and continues to push the bar. We have a great community and strive to help each other. I am sure BD's upcoming campaign will be awesome. Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Haha, none taken. Actually I do agree that PF is better in many regards than TEW and Ranger did a damn good job on this one.

Having said that, TEW was also my first campaign which I built and I went a long, long way since then - and hope to keep improving the stuff I do. I am working slowly on a new A-10C campaign in Caucasus (as a side project to A-10C Iron Flag which will be a story - driven training campaign and M-2000C Red Flag). So hope to raise the bar even higher in the coming months!

Your welcome, fantastic effort Ranger but actually hats off to you both and BD for your first campaign that's remarkable. TEW was my favourite and was only edged out by a hair man :-) and I can't imagine the work that's involved in a project like that. I've shown some of my friends those Campaign who don't Sim and they just watch with their mouths open not knowing what to ask next hehe. Speaking of asking something and at the risk of this beng a dumb question, is it possible to dig up seperate missions from Campaigns I purchase and fly them individually like I could with GH?

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Thanks, appreciate that :thumbup:

I would have to agree. I really enjoy the missions in PF where you're providing CAS for special forces taking a compound, or capturing a target. The way it plays out makes it feel like your truly there to protect them while they complete their task, and not just killing enemies to fulfill a mission perimeter while some ground troops move around below you.

I've honestly only made it a few missions into EW so I can't make any broad comments comparing the two. So far I'm enjoying it very much. Definitely a different vibe than PF but still high quality. Also pretty pumped to hear BD's future campaign plans. I'll take all the campaigns I can get!

I for one cannot wait for the A-10C Iron Flag campaign, ever since I saw the test on Youtube months ago I've been waiting on new info!

Brrrrt

I for one cannot wait for the A-10C Iron Flag campaign, ever since I saw the test on Youtube months ago I've been waiting on new info!

Hey!

It is coming together. We had a break first due to half of our team (Doughboy) having a new kid, then due to bugs in initial release of 2.1 but we're moving forward with research.

We have met very cool people along the way who are giving us their expertise, including retired A-10 driver and instructor, former boom operator on the tanker (for air to air refuelling mission - cheers to Sierra99) and current ATC working on one of AF bases for better ATC experience in the missions.

We are working to have a small surprise for you for 4th of July and also considering releasing the first mission featured in Bunyap's video as an open demo for everyone to see what to expect.

Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey!

It is coming together. We had a break first due to half of our team (Doughboy) having a new kid, then due to bugs in initial release of 2.1 but we're moving forward with research.

We have met very cool people along the way who are giving us their expertise, including retired A-10 driver and instructor, former boom operator on the tanker (for air to air refuelling mission - cheers to Sierra99) and current ATC working on one of AF bases for better ATC experience in the missions.

We are working to have a small surprise for you for 4th of July and also considering releasing the first mission featured in Bunyap's video as an open demo for everyone to see what to expect.

Cheers!

Alright!! :thumbup::)

Hey!

Cheers!

Well roll on the 4th July!!

Thanks so much for the reply, it's so encouraging to hear things are coming along nicely.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say this can't come out soon enough, but please take your time, we all understand quality at the level you and the team have demonstrated is no small feat.

I'd love for that mission to be available as a demo, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for news!

Brrrrt