Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk module

Gandalf_56

Whilst I would love an ASW helicopter and the Sea hawk and Sea King are perfect candidates, I feel like the naval arena needs some love first. I mean those helicopters are primarily for ASW, they have other roles sure. But ASW is really their niche. The problem is our naval environment, as in the actual environment for us to conduct such operations is practically non-existent - there is no underwater modelled in any sense, and our maritime environment is severely limited. Which seems a shame because we have a really great looking Kilo class sub, with animated doors, hatches, surfaces, masts etc and even submarine launched cruise missiles to go with. But sadly... no possibility for any sort of underwater activity, something that is going to need to change for naval operations. (Even KSP level underwater would suffice, no need for highly detailed mapping and texturing of the seabed, a simple 1.5 Caucuses level of detail mesh would be going almost too far, all we need is something beneath the waves). Because as it stands weapons such as ASROC/anti-submarine rockets, torpedoes, depth charges, mines, sonar buoys as well as submarine launched cruise missiles are all impossible weapons in DCS.

For the naval aspect of DCS to really kick off many changes are going to be needed, and many improvements are going to be necessary. I would absolutely love proper naval operations both with naval aircraft and aircraft carriers, but surface action groups and AI ships as well.

Once we have that in the works then I would think that naval helicopters will truly have their proper niche so that we can get an equal experience flying them and using them operationally as the other DCS aircraft. But without the proper environment and base DCS changes (I wouldn't mind paying for said improvements for a reasonable fee) then we are very limited in what we can do with them

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.