Best STABLE Nvidia Driver for ASUS GeForce GTX1060 STRIX OC 6GB, Windows7-64bit

Am running Windows7-64bit for DCS 1.5 & 2.0

Wanting to know what is a 'STABLE' problem free Nvidia Driver for ASUS GeForce GTX1060 STRIX OC 6GB which I am about to install into my PC.

Am a bit wary of latest drivers as sometimes they are not the best for this game.

For example am currently using Nvidia driver 359.06 on my current GTX770 graphic card. Is not the latest but is problem free.

Would love to hear from someone with similar setup as me and can give me good information as to what driver is stable with the GTX1060 and my setup. Thanks ... Gary

I'm on Win7x64 as well. Bought a GTX1070 two weeks ago and tested it with the newest drivers off NVidia site (which are 381.xx series now, by the way). DCS seemed to work OK with them, but Il-2:CloD didn't, so had to switch back to 368.81.

So as long as you don't fly CloD, you should be fine with any of them.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm on Win7x64 as well. Bought a GTX1070 two weeks ago and tested it with the newest drivers off NVidia site (which are 381.xx series now, by the way). DCS seemed to work OK with them, but Il-2:CloD didn't, so had to switch back to 368.81.

Thanks Art-J.....How have you found 368.81 version. As you have used it before and for awhile have you found it to be stable and trouble free for DCS World?

Thankyou...Gary

Well, I used Google :D.

NVidia always keeps a couple of older driver packages on their website:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105035/en-us

Stability is not an issue. Performance - well, you know 1.5.6 doesn't utilize modern cards well at all, so performance is going to be compromised no matter what drivers you use. But it's good enough. 2.0.5 runs very well, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Would be cool if another GTX1060 responded. :-)

I'm using a GTX1080 with 378.78 seems to be fine. but I'm a different card.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Best STABLE Nvidia Driver for ASUS GeForce GTX1060 STRIX OC 6GB, Windows7-64bit

I have GTX 1060 6Gb and latest gforce gameready drivers. Zero problems :)

Win10 64bit here.

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me, too on a GTX 970

How I found out what worked for me was a bit tedious. Start with latest, experiment, then go backwards until you get what you want.

Take a screenshot of your desktop prior to changing versions as the desktop layout always gets scrambled with me.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Installed driver 368.81 which several members suggested to me who are also on Windows7/64bit; and similar or same card as my new GTX1060.

So far all is running well and is really nice to set all settings within both DCS1.5.6 + 2.0 to max with absolutely smooth game play. Card runs nice and cool too with 58 degrees centigrade (136 degrees Fahrenheit) being the highest temp I have seen so far and fans barely nudging up past 40%. Is winter here in Australia so ambient temp is coolish.

My old GTX770 would sit on about 80 degrees centigrade (176 degrees Fahrenheit) and fans ran hard. In fact the hard load on fans is why I needed to replace my card...they are getting a little bit rattly at idle RPM unlike new cards that switch off fans when not required.

Thanks to all for replies and shall add to postings once I have run new setup over several weeks. Cheers...Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Do they still work for you with yesterday's 2.1 update, though? On my machine they didn't. Had to update them to make the game load missions at all.

• ED Team

I have 7 x64 with a GTX 1070 with 378.92 drivers and it works without any problem.

Il-2:CloD works as well.

Edited by f-18hornet

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Smil and I are using 382.33, which is the latest release.

Well, I'm happy that after using them DCS 2.1 started working at all, but I don't want to keep them, because they cause a certain gfx bug in Il2:CloD. I'd prefer to switch back to some older release, which would allow me to enjoy both sims, but don't know which driver that would be. I've PM'ed f-18hornet above about details of his CloD experience with 378.92. Waiting for reply...

• ED Team
Smil and I are using 382.33, which is the latest release.

Well, I'm happy that after using them DCS 2.1 started working at all, but I don't want to keep them, because they cause a certain gfx bug in Il2:CloD. I'd prefer to switch back to some older release, which would allow me to enjoy both sims, but don't know which driver that would be. I've PM'ed f-18hornet above about details of his CloD experience with 378.92. Waiting for reply...

PM sent.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Yeah, I tried sneaking my 368.82 back in after it started working and it wouldn't go for it. The smoothness from the 368.82 is now just a memory. I may just reload them and run 1.5 until I cant anymore.

This is a loss for me... time marches on.

I'm sorry Gary.. I missed your question. It all runs as it should, but the latest drivers seem to force more out of the card. Things like runway textures get sharper, but it just makes DCS a more choppy experience. I used to feel like I was flying an airplane in 2.0, now I feel I am back in a choppy simulation. It is not a matter of settings. I think the 4 year old card just doesn't do it well.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Problems with DCS 2.1.0 Update

After update to DCS2.1.0 have problems. Could not get DCS to start/initialise with warning message: missing VCRUNTIME140.dll as per attached pic. After install of DCS2.1.0 followed by install of Normandy map and WW2 Assets Pack this file was deleted by install process and normally resides in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Fix was to install 'Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015' available from:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Game now will start up as missing .dll was replaced by install Visual C++ package...but also more problems.

Though with start up problems I have experienced so far are:

* unable in general to load up a flight or mission with process completing...if I get to screen where I should be able to select the FLY button; it does not work.

* when I was able to fly F-5E Tiger over Nevada game crashed to Desktop, or sometimes to a blank black screen. Use of Task Manager required to End Task so as to exit DCS with above scenarios.

Sounds like DCS update to 2.1.0 is a big one with lots of changes so needs lots of work.

With update to 2.1.0 ? Is this a graphic driver issue? or just a very buggy update which needs sorting out by developers? Has anyone else experienced these sort of symptoms? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Have noticed also that after DCS2 update to DCS 2.1.0 DCS1.5.6 crashes when playing using CREATE FAST MISSION

choice to fly. Before 1.5.6 stable with no issues. Is this possible as are different installs. Maybe some common file is broken after update to DCS2.1.0

At Updates section of Forum: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188117 there is some reference to issues with update.

Thx...Gary

392473073_missingVCRUNTIME140_dll.JPG.59ab68cff3002bbf06e6495730581810.JPG

1042889777_sniptoolvisualofproblemstoppingDCS2.1.0startingpostupdate.thumb.JPG.746d94f65114b70992d7b1f28822e836.JPG

Edited by gary palmer
explanation

Hi Gary,

I believe there is a 32 and 64 bit runtime. I saw where one person had to load both for a fix.

Did you do a clean install of gfx drivers? It is best to uninstall them, then use a cleaner utility while in Safe Mode to completely clean the old drivers out before loading the latest drivers in. I use Driver Sweeper.

Sounds like you gfx drivers are still old ones.

This is not meant as a bashing post.

I just couldn't take it anymore and I did a clean install of 368.81 drivers. What a difference! It feels like I am flying an airplane again in 1.5. TrackIR is quite smooth. No stutter. I could not say that with the latest Nvidia drivers, even after much experimenting.

2.1 has made my 4 year old Titan obsolete. I am just not going to run those new drivers and instead enjoy this wonderful performance while I still can.

Going to learn how to roll back to 2.0...

well after some sort of bad install during my update to DCS2.1.0 + Normandy map+Assets etc I could not get 2.1.0 run properly...incomplete loading up of mission and if could get into missions

no input or F key function,,,ESC not working and need task manager to end game.

tried clean fresh install of driver 382.33 which is latest (from368.81) and improved things a tad but not solved aforementioned problems...also after update I have problems also with DCS1.5.6 crashing too. Gameplay possible in 1.5.6 though. Seems unlikely as they are separate installations?? Maybe they have some common files..I don't know. I thought 1.5.6 ran better on 368.81 then on 382.33; which seemed more suited to new 2.1.0 ?

Anyway I have uninstalled both versions of DCS and will do a clean fresh install which hopefully will have me up and flying again. Have cleaned up all remaining remnant folders. Also should mention that when I did update to 2.1.0 I did have Malwarebytes butt in a few times blocking some eagle dynamics website...so that could have been the source of my problems...Maybe?

Any ideas feedback welcome... GAry

Edited by gary palmer