Elapsed time clock no longer resets - 1.5.6 & 2.0.5

Worked in 1.5.5 and 2.0.4.

Had commands mapped to "iCommandClockElapsedTimeReset" and used to reset clock. No longer functions.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

• 3 weeks later...

No one else has noticed the ET / Flight clock reset?

Look at the SU27 for example. The flight clock start/stop reset button (rshift C) now cycles through a half/full/no circle in part of the display, but with no change in function. ET clock start/stop/reset has no effect either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Confirmed, default key command or any other key/button programmed to "Elapsed Time Clock Start/Stop/Reset" no longer works in any of the FC3 aircraft. I haven't checked any other modules yet.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

• 5 weeks later...

Bump.

Tested the cockpits of F-15C and A-10A both in game and in modelviewer. The clocks tick away with game time but the timer needle doesn't move. Argument 37 in both pits don't work in game anymore. Haven't tried the Russian FC3 aircraft but I'm guessing the same applies to them.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

For all FC3 aircraft, this bug remains and was not fixed in stable release ver 1.5.6.3930 of Apr. 7, 2017

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Try "priming" the clock with L-Shift+R-Shift+C. Then use the L-Shift +C command to control the elapsed time and R-Shift+C for flight clock. That sequence seems to work in the Flanker's pit at least. Didn't check elsewhere. Looks like they might be rearranging some key commands for further expansion.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

Can not reproduce.

You need to use two different commands for flight time and timer. Timer (red pointers on big dial) start/stop/reset command don't have default assignment. Flight time counter starts/stop/reset by RShift+C by default.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

Can not reproduce.

You need to use two different commands for flight time and timer. Timer (red pointers on big dial) start/stop/reset command don't have default assignment. Flight time counter starts/stop/reset by RShift+C by default.

Hmmm... wonder if I added commands for the timer at some point. The red sweep hand is tied to LShift + C in my bindings. Also, since I posted above that I couldn't get either to work until I used LSift+RShift+ C to "prime" the clock, I notice that it's working normally without that weird combination.

So both work for me. For those who might not realize: Since the mission clock (small dial on left) is a minute timer, you may not notice that it's working unless you either speed up time to see it moving or give it enough time to move when checking.

It automatically starts, when you enter the cockpit (full white circle ?). So when you press RShift+C the first time, you are actually stopping it (half circle). The next time you press those keys, the clock resets to "0" (full dark circle). You are now ready to start timing again. The next time you press those keys, the clock starts again ( full white circle). Hopefully I've got the circles/half circles in the right order.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team
It automatically starts, when you enter the cockpit (full white circle ?). So when you press RShift+C the first time, you are actually stopping it (half circle). The next time you press those keys, the clock resets to "0" (full circle). You are now ready to start timing again.

Black circle - run, black/white - paused, white - reset/stop.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT:

White elapsed time seconds hand sweep does not work in the American FC3 aircraft (A-10A and F-15C) in stable release 1.5.6.4546.280 Update 2 of Apr. 21, 2017 ( I think it was also broken in the previous patch?)

Red elapsed time seconds hand sweep works in all the Russian FC3 aircraft in stable release 1.5.6.4546.280 Update 2 of Apr. 21, 2017

Edited by Winston 60

Red seconds hand sweep is still broken for FC3 aircraft in stable release 1.5.6.4546.280 Update 2 of Apr. 21, 2017

I doublechecked to make sure and I'm using the same build as you:

I've speed up time x15 to make it easy ti see the mission clock working as well. You might want to try resetting the key commands for both clock functions and see what happens.

• Like 1

_____

Ironhand, you are correct. The red second hand sweep works in all Russian aircraft (I hadn't been in one in some time) it's just the white second hand sweep that's broken in the American FC3 A-10A and F-15C. I'll edit my post above and make the appropriate bug reports in the respective topics to see if I can get BIGNEWY's attention to report this. Thanks for the help in getting this sorted.

Ironhand, you are correct. The red second hand sweep works in all Russian aircraft (I hadn't been in one in some time) it's just the white second hand sweep that's broken in the American FC3 A-10A and F-15C. I'll edit my post above and make the appropriate bug reports in the respective topics to see if I can get BIGNEWY's attention to report this. Thanks for the help in getting this sorted.

Ahhhh. OK. I hadn't checked the A-10A & F-15.

_____

Ahhhh. OK. I hadn't checked the A-10A & F-15.

And I, equally guilty of not having checked the Russian aircraft recently. I'm glad to have finally gotten it now. :thumbup:

• ED Team

Sorry have been very busy, I am taking a look at this now :)

Edit:

I have reproduced, thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

This appears to be resolved in 2.1.1 in a couple of aircraft I've tested.

Thanks!

Teej

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still NOT resolved in 1.5.6 !

Works in Russian aircraft. Does not work in A-10A and F-15C!

• ED Team
Still NOT resolved in 1.5.6 !

Works in Russian aircraft. Does not work in A-10A and F-15C!

I was a little premature with the title change

however it will be on the next 1.5 patch, so do not worry

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I was a little premature with the title change

however it will be on the next 1.5 patch, so do not worry

:thumbup:

i tested clocks in russian planes of FC3 but all of their functions still not work in 1.5.6. as you know russian planes have similar mechanical clocks that consists of three parts:

1- day time or elapsed time clock (ETC) - the big one that have these parts: A-hour hand B-minute hand C-second hand

2- mission time clock (MTC) or flight clock - a little clock inside of day time clock that have these parts: A-hour hand B-minute hand

3- Stop watch timer (SWT) - this is next to MT or lower of it

and in FC3 planes keyboard control there are two keys for this job:

one is ETC start/stop/reset which is not assigned by default and

other is MTC start/stop/reset which is [Rshift+C]

in Mig29A, Mig29G, Mig 29S

MTC not working.

SWT not working.

in Su-27, Su-33, Su-25T (ETC has 4 parts)

ETC second hand doesn't ticking when mission starts. (no problem here)

MTC works fine.

It seems we have second counter instead of SWT in these planes.

in Su-25

ETC second hand doesn't ticking when mission starts.

MTC wokrs fine.

SWT works fine. (it starts same time with ETC second hand)

they are perfect in ka-50 and mi-8.

i don't have dcs2 to test them there.

• ED Team

correct, they will not work until the patch happens

I have changed the title so there is no confusion :)

i tested clocks in russian planes of FC3 but all of their functions still not work in 1.5.6. as you know russian planes have similar mechanical clocks that consists of three parts:

1- day time or elapsed time clock (ETC) - the big one that have these parts: A-hour hand B-minute hand C-second hand

2- mission time clock (MTC) or flight clock - a little clock inside of day time clock that have these parts: A-hour hand B-minute hand

3- Stop watch timer (SWT) - this is next to MT or lower of it

...in Su-27, Su-33, Su-25T (ETC has 4 parts)

ETC second hand doesn't ticking when mission starts. (no problem here)

MTC works fine.

It seems we have second counter instead of SWT in these planes...

I have always been under the impression that that small dial to the right of the MTC is the second hand for the daytime clock. The large red sweep hands--there are two, a thin one for showing seconds and a thicker one topped by an arrowhead that shows minutes--is the SWT. Both seem to be working in the Su-27 as seen in the video in my earlier post.

Edited by Ironhand

_____