FlightControl

Stupid question but what is reputation, And the points for?

Its a optional system for users to show their overall opinion of another user that adds up over time. Posts stating how you like a given mod are great and all, but they are only limited to that specific thread and part of that discussion. If you positive repped someone, then the information that people like what that user does or says sort of becomes part of their posts in other places on the forums. Generally people have positive ratings. Plus it isn't dependent on making actual forum posts so you can show your opinion for a user without inserting your comment in public view or even via private messages.

You can also think of it as "karma". Really its all down to whether you care about the system and the numbers it represents. It has no bearing unless you give it some.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Its a optional system for users to show their overall opinion of another user that adds up over time. Posts stating how you like a given mod are great and all, but they are only limited to that specific thread and part of that discussion. If you positive repped someone, then the information that people like what that user does or says sort of becomes part of their posts in other places on the forums. Generally people have positive ratings. Plus it isn't dependent on making actual forum posts so you can show your opinion for a user without inserting your comment in public view or even via private messages.

You can also think of it as "karma". Really its all down to whether you care about the system and the numbers it represents. It has no bearing unless you give it some.

Ah ok thanks always good to know :)

Not so scary now huh?

If you are not still scared, you haven't been paying attention. :music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you are not still scared, you haven't been paying attention. :music_whistling:

The forums tells me now that "I am just really nice"... lol

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• 2 months later...

Yeah, glad I found this thread just by fluke.

A few weeks ago I had some guys give me reputation points.

Thx BTW gents, really appreciated can be tough on Forums, pheew LoL

Personally, I never fuss over this stuff as I just approach the Forum like a good 1 on 1 chat over many topics.

Some may perceive me as someone who is rule breaking, but thats because they just don't know me I'm not a mean ugly monster LoL

So when a few guys rep'd me I didn't know how to get back in after I had closed the screen and read the comments or discuss the reps.

I was reading and posting in two threads at the time having two Firefox Tabs open LoL.

So as I now don't know who they are to PM them for a nice chat like I do, has proven difficult.

I had a play around with my profile cant seem to find anything.

I wanted to properly read what they said and rep them back if possible, so how do I do this now ?

Also really whats the point of this, it gets a bit silly if you ask me, without naming the person there is a moderator here who has all red reputation.

I have seen or read so many threads lately as well where there is great info or feedback given by members but the actual member has all red rep, thats unfair I think from my point of view anyway.

I personally think its not needed can be used as a form to hurt with malice like here have a negative rep, like its really going to hurt people in actual life its just an emotional tug at the person to start a fight.

As a suggestion for something better, I think in future a nice reward system like member of the month as better alternative.

Or various types of badges earned like for example - "Wish-list Supporter" or "New Member Greeter" and many others.

Something more humane and with some care factor for overall community registered in Forum as a whole not groups.

Well thats just how I see it and believe it needs to be revised.

Please help if any at all to check my rep stuff or whatever its called.

Thxs

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I wanted to properly read what they said and rep them back if possible, so how do I do this now ?[/b]

When signed in you'll see a tab called "User CP" under banner photo. Click on that and you'll see a list showing who repped you, the referenced thread, and comments.

Also really whats the point of this, it gets a bit silly if you ask me, without naming the person there is a moderator here who has all red reputation.

I think I know whom you mean, and he had lots of positive rep just about a week ago. Must have really made a lot of people angry. Good news is, I've seen that happen to him several times and he usually recovered quickly. Anyway, I assume the dispute happened on the Russian part of the forum, where members tend to have a lot more reputation power. I guess Russians are just generally nicer to each other than we Westerners, but if one makes them angry, the wrath is equally strong. :D

In any case, all in all the system works quite okay I think. An improvement would be rep based on posts instead of rep based on members. Anyway, that's mostly how I use it, especially when +repping people. Negative rep I'm much more selective, but it happens when I think people are outright destructive. Or on error. Twice, over the years. Sorry again, guys, you know who you are (and I apologized very quickly). ;)

IDEAS TO BUILD A BETTER COMMUNITY AND FORUM!

I think I know whom you mean, and he had lots of positive rep just about a week ago. Must have really made a lot of people angry. Good news is, I've seen that happen to him several times and he usually recovered quickly. Anyway, I assume the dispute happened on the Russian part of the forum, where members tend to have a lot more reputation power. I guess Russians are just generally nicer to each other than we Westerners, but if one makes them angry, the wrath is equally strong. :D

In any case, all in all the system works quite okay I think. An improvement would be rep based on posts instead of rep based on members. Anyway, that's mostly how I use it, especially when +repping people. Negative rep I'm much more selective, but it happens when I think people are outright destructive. Or on error. Twice, over the years. Sorry again, guys, you know who you are (and I apologized very quickly). ;)

Thanks m8, :thumbup:

I will look into all this later.

Here is a screenshot to help others...........

Reputation%20System_zpswarxdwma.jpg

It should also be linked to the user profile as you check PM and setting etc

Yeah, well I have seen better implementation of community member status or standing Forum features in many other video game Forums that I visit.

With other good Forum features that would and make for more fun and happier atmosphere here at ED-DCS Forum.

I have had some nice gents um *cough* try to impress me with their egos and foul attitude of disinclination towards me as well.

Pfft, like their rear waste don't stink, LoL :doh:.............especially after I go around checking their posts with poor reply posting and behaviors in practice.

"What goes around comes around"....... is the saying isn't it. LoL

I have seen it all, thats why it doesn't work.

Sorry guys I just don't think it works at all in an adult or mixed age group Forum in social media relationship types or just Forums in general.

It gets twisted and it is inappropriate use lacking in decorum and respect.

So who cares for some smart ass with a high and mighty view of himself and an the attitude (emotional intelligence) of a 10 year old playing immature games with people online that really have only served to hurt the community at large and now shattered for many reasons.

"Live and Let Live".......... is another great saying!

We are here because we like the game and share that as a common interest as a primary focus to consider.

I also posted here some thoughts and would like to share more as well..... https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3130379&postcount=113

Not forgetting this thread as it might help also Please read the entire thread guys ........... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186327

Thanks again.

Cheers,

:beer:

2007707520_ReputationSystem.thumb.JPG.cf610b634e3100adb589be840d774a3a.JPG

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

"Take it with a grain of salt" is how I like to view it- there was once a time where we couldn't interact with fellow gamers the way we do now. Some difference in opinion and attitude are to be expected. It's what makes us individuals. And human. Not that I disagree with what has been posted, just offering a different perspective.