Some kind of autopilot?

FatSlapper

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to try to help you, but I have no Idea what are you talking about.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Why is some kind of autopilot engaged by default, and how the BLEEEEEEEEEEP do you turn it OFF? For the love of god why is this a thing?????????????

I'm assuming that you are referring to either the EAC or the PAC if you are not actually turning on the autopilot using the "A" key. Is that correct? The EAC (Enhanced Attitude Control) and PAC (Precision Attitude Control) are functions that are enabled by default or if in flight with weapon systems enabled when you get into a quick mission. Please give more information so it can be explained better.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why is some kind of autopilot engaged by default, and how the BLEEEEEEEEEEP do you turn it OFF? For the love of god why is this a thing?????????????

The TIME TEAM and I believe we have found the solution to your "Some Kind of Autopilot" Control issue, above with a certainty of 66.6%.

However, I have not yet released the 2 clairvoyants, Pub Landlord and the Philosopher, from the case as they are still caught up in the question of;

"For the love of god, why is this a thing <insert many question marks here>"

The matter has unfortunately caused some argument in the team. The clairvoyants argued that they can't see into your Saturday night very well due to a haze around your consciousness preventing normal access, the Pub Landlord believes it was a normal Saturday night whilst the Philosopher is still arguing whether the thing could be called a 'bed'.

The Philosopher on the team would like to clarify,

"Is the inversion of the capitalization on the letter G in the word "god" relevant and deliberate?" After which he will consult him directly, via Dr Who. Elsewise he finds the usage flippant and will check with Pierre Sprey to see who he was working with at Fairchild during the design process. In a call with Pierre, the old man mumbled that the answer was with a person called 'Kanye West', whoever that is.

Edited by Pikey
Philosopher still thinks its a bed not a thing.
  • Like 2

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

And a simple search on google would bring up the answer and YouTube videos on the subject. And there's always the manual.,

Actually I found a search on Youtube was equally unenlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=some+kind+of+autopilot

Gives pretty much the same crap that we already tried.

When i tried

"For the love of god, why is this a thing" I got:

Which I have to say, did end up in a circular question.... why is this a thing?

Our research assistant broke down at this point when the computer crashed to desktop.

Actually I found a search on Youtube was equally unenlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=some+kind+of+autopilot

Gives pretty much the same crap that we already tried.

When i tried

"For the love of god, why is this a thing" I got:

Which I have to say, did end up in a circular question.... why is this a thing?

Our research assistant broke down at this point when the computer crashed to desktop.

Hehehe, rubbish in rubbish out, as they say.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sQ2gLFkVmMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2gLFkVmM

Well. it's not the autopilot because turning it off doesn't help. the control surfaces are still trying to guide the a/c. Hence: "some kind of autopilot"

This is a fresh update (2.1.1) with a rebuilt DCS.openalpha folder

instant action takeoff from Vegas flight

controllers have been thoroughly checked

it's not a trim issue

this is a known issue but i can't find reference to it using this POS garbage forum software

And a thorough google site search yields nothing

Well. it's not the autopilot because turning it off doesn't help. the control surfaces are still trying to guide the a/c. Hence: "some kind of autopilot"

it's not a trim issue

this is a known issue but i can't find reference to it using this POS garbage forum software

Been flying 2.1.1 all morning and I haven't noticed this. Can you make a video of what you're experiencing and put it on youtube?

Let's try again.

What are you seeing? What is the symptom? There is no other autopilot other than the autopilot. There is the stabilisation by the PAC at first stage trigger press, elsewise nothing. I don't think you can say something is known about without at least refering to someone other than you who knows about it, whatever it is. And, "this POS garbage forum software"... what is that? Do you mean the search functionality? What are you searching for? How are you searching for it, the words you use?

Some useful details would be, "Aircraft pulls to the left" "Aircraft rolls uncontrollably", "Aircraft yaws when uncommanded"....just...something to go on. Because the last issue I saw with A-10C was an oscillation in autoiliot bank hold, and that was fixed, before then 'ive never heard of an A-10C module issue that was in the module and not introduced by a configuration issue. If you want help, give us something to stop guessing, you took the time to post in the right forum but very meagre details.

it's not a trim issue

Just updated NTTR and started instant action Vegas Tour (not the takeoff, sorry). I had an issue with throttle being at full power at all time. Turned out that DCS apparently remapped all my controllers and added Throttle Both from all my joystick controllers.

Is that what you have observed?

Cheers

Hans

• Like 1

Load up the instant action "Vegas takeoff" flight, and see for yourself.

Did just that... feels fine... not touched the A10C for quite a bit so my memory might be a bit off. Make a small mission and see for yourself if it flies fine.

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Just tested the mission and it works fine...

Why haven't you explained what is happening?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Possible issues (guessing bc you haven't explained the problem)

*Are you raising your flaps before 200knts? They are down by default on this mission/all "runway start" missions

*Have you noticed the armament on the right wing is heavier than the left causing a rotation to the right? TRIM LEFT to fix

*Double check your control inputs and make sure nothing is conflicting.

mission is fine..

Make your own mission and the game won't have "auto" anything enabled. lol

I made a generic mission for the hog and it works fine.

I tried the Vegas landing and it works fine.

Then went back to the Vegas take off and the same thing, ailerons deflect full right roll.

A genuine Thank You to those of You who actually tried to help.

Ailerons deflect full right roll. Here we go, much better. Also in one mission only.

What does the Control input say during this and does it flicker, stay sustained or randomly apply? If you apply full left stick, does the control input come back to center, remain full right or something else? Does the animation on the control column move right with the ghost movement or stay centred? Can you rebind to neutral inside the mission? Does this mission change your default mappings?

Then went back to the Vegas take off and the same thing, ailerons deflect full right roll.

I can't replicate that, so it must be related to your system somehow.

I can't replicate that, so it must be related to your system somehow. Check your trim bindings.

• Like 1

Checked, no problems with that mission here either.

And honestly, I don't know why people even bother to go beyond that. Either help us help you or stop wasting our time. There are guides on how to report problems. Read them, understand them, follow them, and then come back with a problem description that we can actually work with. Otherwise, good luck figuring it out. You're gonna need it.

• Like 2

Checked, no problems with that mission here either.

And honestly, I don't know why people even bother to go beyond that. Either help us help you or stop wasting our time. There are guides on how to report problems. Read them, understand them, follow them, and then come back with a problem description that we can actually work with. Otherwise, good luck figuring it out. You're gonna need it.

Agreed.

Just flew the instant action Nevada take-off. Everything's normal... My guess is, you did not notice the crosswind (6m/s from 77°) , which causes the plane to weather vane into the wind, maybe?

To adjust for the crosswind use moderate rudder inputs (nosewheel until 70kts, then rudders are effective and need more careful adjust) and a bit of right aileron...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)