Community A-4E-C

Well, I seem to have found the answer myself. Sorry for the bother. FYI, your installation of the A4-E is a little different from what I had to do in order for me to see the plane in DCS World. In order for me to see the A4-E in DCS World was, as instructed, downloaded the file to my computer; unzipped the A4-E file into C:\Users\(Username)\SavedGames\DCS. I had to take it one step further. I had to take from the unzipped A4-E folder, copy/paste the Mods folder to the C:\Users\(Username)\SavedGames\DCS. Now, I am not completely sure that this is the correct way to do this? In fact, it is probably not. Although, I was not able to see the A4-E in DCS World with just unzipping the A4-E folder into C:\Users\(Username)\SavedGames\DCS. If you know the correct way to complete this mission I would appreciate the answer! At this point in time, I am able to fly the A4-E. I must say, Ya'll did a great job. It is a lot of fun to fly that small powerful bird. Thank you!!!

tumblr_pzpfj3BjMo1yt3y7mo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pzpfpqn7JU1yt3y7mo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pzpfk2gsp21yt3y7mo1_540.jpg

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Thanks, trying to work on it now but MV2 isn’t playing the game today.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Is there a way to not have every briefing screen in DCS show the A-4 once this mod is installed?

Edit: Found it myself. Deleting the following file takes care of it: ...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C\ImagesGUI\briefing-map-default.png

Edited by Mud
Solution
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Should be up for download soon

a44106a153863e1428d5c5a3d0531d17ab98485c.jpg

image.jpeg

Same for me..did what they say and cant have the plane to show up in game…

Want to enjoy this mod please

Well, I seem to have found the answer myself. Sorry for the bother. FYI, your installation of the A4-E is a little different from what I had to do in order for me to see the plane in DCS World. In order for me to see the A4-E in DCS World was, as instructed, downloaded the file to my computer; unzipped the A4-E file into C:\Users\(Username)\SavedGames\DCS. I had to take it one step further. I had to take from the unzipped A4-E folder, copy/paste the Mods folder to the C:\Users\(Username)\SavedGames\DCS. Now, I am not completely sure that this is the correct way to do this? In fact, it is probably not. Although, I was not able to see the A4-E in DCS World with just unzipping the A4-E folder into C:\Users\(Username)\SavedGames\DCS. If you know the correct way to complete this mission I would appreciate the answer! At this point in time, I am able to fly the A4-E. I must say, Ya'll did a great job. It is a lot of fun to fly that small powerful bird. Thank you!!!

Can we hope to see a bug with (all other aircraft) falling through the ground on the maps other than Caucasus will be fixed?

It's definitely A-4 module that causes the issue. When A-4 is not installed - all landings / taxying etc. work as intended.

When A-4 is installed, even if it's not used in the mission - there are bugs with player controlled aircraft falling through ground.

Anyone else here having the feeling, that the "Community A-4E-C" mod has been abandoned by the developers? No news or official statements from the developers since something like 3 months. I hope we'll here something from them again... :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Anyone else here having the feeling, that the "Community A-4E-C" mod has been abandoned by the developers? No news or official statements from the developers since something like 3 months. I hope we'll here something from them again... :huh:

This is a hobby/side project for them. They are probably busy with life

Hi morpheus,

I got a message from one user, (might be who you are posting on behalf of) I’ll get around to a more detailed message tomorrow.

But just quickly, the dds files need to be copied to a cockpit texture folder at this stage. They don’t automatically install or work the same as the skin files.

I’m still working on the lua file to try and make that happen.

(re: post #191]

Edited by Helles Belle

image.jpeg

Bonjour C'est moi (Christianof ) qui vous ai envoyé ce message en espérant que vous trouverez le Problème J'ai bien vu qu'il y avait des textures a mettre dans 'cockpit' et dans ' liveries' mais je ne sais pas pourquoi pour le cockpit il y a des carres verts et blancs en texture A bientôt

Hello It’s me (Christianof ) who sent you this message hoping that you will find the Problem I saw that there were textures to put in 'cockpit' and in 'liveries' but I don’t know why for the cockpit there are green and white squares in texture;Is soon

Hi to all,

This is how I have gotten the modified cockpit files to work for me.

Find where the A-4E-C aircraft Mod file has been located.

This is generally where you place it after downloading the mod from github.

What I have done, like most users as I am aware, is I have then saved that mod folder, A-4E-C, to the SAVED GAMES folder in the following folder:

Local Disk ( C: )>Users>[Your Pc Name]>Saved Games>DCS>Mods>aircraft

Locate the A-4E-C folder and open it.

Open the Cockpit folder.

Open the Texture folder.

The folder tree should now look something like this

Local Disk ( C: )>Users>[Your Pc Name]>Saved Games>DCS>Mods>aircraft>A-4E-C>Cockpit>Textures

In the Texture folder you should see 6 zip folders. This is where the original cockpit background images were sourced from.

You do not need to do anything with the zip folders but feel free to look at their contents.

Now go back to where you placed the ‘Tiger’ skin folder that you downloaded from DCS Downloads User Files.

Most users save it to their saved games folder:

Local Disk ( C: )>Users>[Your Pc Name]>Saved Games>DCS>Liveries>A-4E-C>RAAF 2 Sqn 053 ‘Viveca’ Tiger

In the file that you downloaded that I put on DCS there should be the following 12 files:

a-4e_boards_1.dds

a-4e_instr_bckgd_1.dds

a-4e_instr_bckgd_2.dds

a-4e_instr_bckgd_3.dds

a-4e_instr_details_1.dds

instr_panel.dds

description.lua

RAAF Bottom.dds

RAAF DFT150_DFT300.dds

RAAFDFT400.dds

RAAF Top.dds

RAAFPic.png

Copy the following 6 files:

a-4e_boards_1.dds

a-4e_instr_bckgd_1.dds

a-4e_instr_bckgd_2.dds

a-4e_instr_bckgd_3.dds

a-4e_instr_details_1.dds

instr_panel.dds

Now go back to the Cockpit>Texture folder @:

Local Disk ( C: )>Users>[Your Pc Name]>Saved Games>DCS>Mods>aircraft>A-4E-C>Cockpit>Textures

And paste those files there.

You should now see those files along with the zip folders.

Restart the game and please let me know how you go as I really would like to get the cockpit textures working as they make it a lot easier to see the instruments.

As I have said though this is what worked for me and the above locations are how I have DCS configured for SAVED GAMES & Mods.

Other users may be different.

This was also something that I found by accident. I am still trying to find a work around in a lua file so the files do not have to be moved to the cockpit texture folder. When placed in the cockpit texture folder they change all A-4E-C cockpits.

Your Local Disk may be different to C:

Edited by Helles Belle

image.jpeg

I don't remember exactly, but it may also be that there isn't much left on the to do list for this module other than bug fixes.

It already has been a huge success!

Excuse me if this has already been asked, but I searched the thread and no answers showed up.

The radio in the cockpit seems modeled, as you can click on it and select frequencies etc. But does it integrate with SRS or must we use the SRS Overlay for this module?

I don't remember exactly, but it may also be that there isn't much left on the to do list for this module other than bug fixes.

It already has been a huge success!

There's quite a few things left on the to do list. Take a look at github: https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 2 weeks later...

The A-4 is playing a key role over at DCS Academy https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254647

It's our primary trainer for people on the Navy track and I expect it'll get a lot of use in air-to-ground training.

Fantastic module, you can do so much cool stuff with it. Among other things, we are based on the NTTR map. We parked the Stennis out in the middle of the Colorado river and I'll be danged, the A4 can land on, and take off from the sucker just sitting there. For a while there we were wondering how to set up field practice but, it's kinda funny flying up on this giant carrier parked out in the middle of the desert. Something you don't see every day.

At any rate I've always loved this module, it's my favorite aircraft to fly in DCS, and I thought yall would like to know how it's playing such a central role on our server. I know it's been a labor of love, and believe me, we are so thankful.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

I know it's been a labor of love, and believe me, we are so thankful.

Dear DeltaMike, does other people on your server experience falling through terrain (airstrip, roads, anything, as if it doesn't exist) as long as their engine running or when landing in other airplanes, like F-14 or F/A-18? On any map apart from Georgia?

It happens to awful a lot people, including me, when I have A-4 module installed in my DCS. If I uninstall it - all works great as intended. I would love to use A-4 but it renders my other modules unusable.

One of my students went subterranean briefly in an MB-339 although it was a HARD landing. I've seen that on other servers too. I occasionally go underground in an F18, especially when I'm playing submarine. Are we sure that's not just a DCS thing?

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder