Possible bug with control curves

Shadoware

Sometimes the aircraft response dont seem correct! If change from CatII to CatI and return to CatII(and vice versa) the response return to expected. Other times I have to open control settings/axis tune and click "OK" button!

The FLICS change the control sensitivity depending on situations but sometimes its easy to realize the controls are not responding as usual.

It seems a intermittent bug. It doesn't happen all the time.

P.S. Im using latest Steam edition and Saitek x52pro Hotas.

***** The bug is confirmed! See the post below! ********

Edited by Shadoware
Bug confirmed!

The problem I realize is the contrary: The control acting without any attenuation despite I applied a curve set 19 in the Y axis!

Sounds like you need dead zones.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

CAT III should simply limit AoA to 15. That's it. I don't think it should change the input sensitivity at all IRL, but I'm not 100% on that part. If I understand correctly. The DCS version of CAT III changes the sensitivity making the jet feel heavier by damping the control input. That has been my experience as well. There are specific loadouts that require CAT III otherwise it's CAT I. But even 2 wing bags and TGP and ECM is still CAT I. It takes a lot to go Cat III.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

CONFIRMATION!

There's really a bug!

I made some more testes. I was using 19 in Y axis! The response was too fast! I changed the curve to 25 and noting changed! I change again the curve to 70! There was a small change in sensitivity and suddenly the control response becomes too slow so I put 19 again the response was correctly and slow in the right amount!

Sometimes DCS seems to ignore the curves and use the control raw data! This is an intermittent bug and really needs a fix!

I was incorrect on aoa only. It's also roll rate.

Approx. Something like this:

With CAT III

AoA is limited to 16-18° depending on GW .

Roll:

Max roll rate is reduced ~40% of CAT I. Further reductions are function of AoA and Airspeed.

Yaw:

Max pdeal deflection reduced by AoA >3° or roll rates >20°/sec.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

I should.clarify that the above is how it *should* work. I have not tested this in DCS but based on my experience it feels like this is happening on some level. Is it correct or over done? I can't say at this point.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

I was incorrect on aoa only. It's also roll rate.

Approx. Something like this:

With CAT III

AoA is limited to 16-18° depending on GW .

Roll:

Max roll rate is reduced ~40% of CAT I. Further reductions are function of AoA and Airspeed.

Yaw:

Max pdeal deflection reduced by AoA >3° or roll rates >20°/sec.

I think it would make more sense to limit G and and roll rate. AOA is not so important.

I think it would make more sense to limit G and and roll rate. AOA is not so important.

Actually, it is the opposite. AOA is paramount. Remember, AOA is about a/c control.

Over G is over G ... well, no big deal.

Over AOA is loss of lift and loss of control.

Edited by Dee-Jay

Actually, it is the opposite. AOA is paramount. Remember, AOA is about a/c control.

Over G is over G ... well, no big deal.

Over AOA is loss of lift and loss of control.

I think this limitation in CatII is to prevent damage to the aircraft due the high weight of AG munitions, so, limit G is more important.

I think this limitation in CatII is to prevent damage to the aircraft due the high weight of AG munitions...

Nope.

CATIII is a protection against roll departure. It is not and has never been a G protection since under CATIII FLCS allows to pass over 5.5Gs whatever your actual loadout.

G protection is a urban legend and common mistake/misunderstanding of what CATI/III switch is.