Kuwait/Iraq/Iran Map... Most logical next map. - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 11:16 PM   #41
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Burns View Post
By this I mean, proper destructible buildings with people interacting with buildings (ie. Civilians and Soldiers can enter and try and hide, better damage systems, potentially the ability to replace a mapped building with a mission building so there are not thousands of interactive buildings per map) and importantly, sea environment including Subs.
We don't need complex modeling, but having a infantry mount buildings is important. Have them basic rules to be followed.

- 8-way directions, so you can set infantry defend/engage specific building faces if not all.
- Have option to have infantry on roofs (spotted more easily, capable open AA fire etc from there).
- Have option to have infantry in cellar for low angle engagements.

And then of course have infantry to follow move near the buildings or get to defensive positions in corners etc.
No need for seeing them in windows or balconies an such. The rooftop is enough.

What comes to civilians, while I would like to have them included so that you get penalized from killing them etc. So you need to be sure about your launch/firing. It is just too high PR problem for ED. It would need to be hard coded to be so that no matter what, killing one civilian is just NO GO.
The idea of civilians is just such a can of worms for all kind legal, PR etc problems that it is just better to leave them simply out.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:41 AM   #42
Stratos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
We don't need complex modeling, but having a infantry mount buildings is important. Have them basic rules to be followed.

- 8-way directions, so you can set infantry defend/engage specific building faces if not all.
- Have option to have infantry on roofs (spotted more easily, capable open AA fire etc from there).
- Have option to have infantry in cellar for low angle engagements.

And then of course have infantry to follow move near the buildings or get to defensive positions in corners etc.
No need for seeing them in windows or balconies an such. The rooftop is enough.

What comes to civilians, while I would like to have them included so that you get penalized from killing them etc. So you need to be sure about your launch/firing. It is just too high PR problem for ED. It would need to be hard coded to be so that no matter what, killing one civilian is just NO GO.
The idea of civilians is just such a can of worms for all kind legal, PR etc problems that it is just better to leave them simply out.
Interesting requests for infantry, very spot on. DCS has a lot of potential for COIN ops, but for that we really need far better infantry moddeling, specially animations for better cover under fire, and the hability to be placed in the roofs.

Last edited by Stratos; 08-02-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote