F10 map behaviour change

vCSG3 Bloat 203

Apologies if this is an incorrect area to post this, but I am not able to post in DCS 2.5 Bugs section.

I noticed that selecting an object or plane on the F10 map is no longer persistent.

In pre-August 2020 versions, you could select a plane or a vehicle (e.g. to then hop into an F2/F7 view quickly) or to read its coordinates card on the bottom left. If you then returned to F1, and then back to F10, the map would keep your previous selection. This meant you could quickly hop onto your wingman's F2 view by pressing F10-F2 in quick succession, for example. You could also peek GPS coordinates of your target while inputting them to a waypoint in your cockpit.

post August-2020, the behaviour is that the F10 map re-sets to nothing selected every time you open it.

Reproduction steps:

• Open F10 map
  • select an object
  • hit F1
  • open F10 again to see the selection is no longer applied

:pilotfly: BrotherBloat

• 1 month later...
MellaRinn;4468370']Apologies if this is an incorrect area to post this, but I am not able to post in DCS 2.5 Bugs section.

I noticed that selecting an object or plane on the F10 map is no longer persistent.

In pre-August 2020 versions, you could select a plane or a vehicle (e.g. to then hop into an F2/F7 view quickly) or to read its coordinates card on the bottom left. If you then returned to F1, and then back to F10, the map would keep your previous selection. This meant you could quickly hop onto your wingman's F2 view by pressing F10-F2 in quick succession, for example. You could also peek GPS coordinates of your target while inputting them to a waypoint in your cockpit.

post August-2020, the behaviour is that the F10 map re-sets to nothing selected every time you open it.

Reproduction steps:

• Open F10 map
  • select an object
  • hit F1
  • open F10 again to see the selection is no longer applied

I start using a mod in VR to note stuff « dcs-scratchpad-master », pressing CTRL-SHIFT-X makes it appears, it's a small window that pops anywhere in game and you can write stuff in it, i use it to type in coordinates, leave F-10 map view, and once in cockpit i simply type back the waypoints with that small window opened besides.

yugsjDS.jpg

yugsjDS

Edited by Doum76

I start using a mod in VR to note stuff « dcs-scratchpad-master », pressing CTRL-SHIFT-X makes it appears, it's a small window that pops anywhere in game and you can write stuff in it, i use it to type in coordinates, leave F-10 map view, and once in cockpit i simply type back the waypoints with that small window opened besides.

Useful, thanks, should be part of DCS core.