** Panavia Tornado Videos **

MKev

Hello Folks.

I think we all can agree that the Panavia Tornado is a perfect Fit for Heatblur Simulations.

Documentaries and Information from fellow forum users helped me to raise my interest in this Fighter Bomber and I did not even expect to find out, that it is up to this day one of the most compelling fighter bombers in service. But all good Aircraft reach their end of service similar to the F-14 and so the Tornado is already retired in the UK and about to get retired in Germany. With my love and interest in Military Aircraft of the Cold War and Gulf War time period, I see a promising possibility of a Tornado finding its way to DCS due to the fact, that former classified documentation of this aircraft should now be more easily accessible for developers like Heatblur.

In order to feed us with information and make the developers of Heatblur Simulations hungry for the Tornado, I decided to create this Video Thread about this compelling Fighter Bomber.

Please assist me in collecting the finest documentaries and videos possible for this aircraft. If there is a video thread already in place, I am sorry. I did not find it.

kind regards, MKev

I will start with a good Tornado Overview video from Matsimus. I think he made a great job but I am still longing for more tapes.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

I know it, its a discussion and not a video topic. thx.

Here are some additional goodies:

The Fighter Pilot Podcast #048 with Panavia Tornado as Topic:

Documentary "Tornado R&D and History"

Short 16min. Video including interview with Nils Meister, one well known Tornado Test-Pilot for decades.

Desert Stom low level Flight footage. Poor quality but a few nice shots nevertheless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That...wasn't the point of my response.

Ah okay sry. looked like it. I am already exchanging thoughts over there. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=244749&page=18

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would have put this thread in the Military & Aviation subforum instead of the Heatblur subforum, as there is no official word on a Heatblur Tornado so far.

But anyways, here are some neat Tornado videos:

German Navy:

German Air Force:

Royal Air Force:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would have put this thread in the Military & Aviation subforum instead of the Heatblur subforum, as there is no official word on a Heatblur Tornado so far.

Yes I was thinking about creating this topic in another sub-forum. But my second thought was, that we may get Heatblur hungry for this Aircraft. Comparable with discussion topics regarding Tornado in this Heatblur Sub-Forum. :smilewink:

If Heatblur does not like this Topic to be in this Sub-Forum, they may move it and it will make its way into oblivion. Like many other topics before it.

Thank you for those Videos. I was searching Youtube and only had 10 hits with mostly german speaking material. :book:

Very good short video with comments from Pilots and Weapon Officers:

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice 360° Video:

And a weapons video - MW1 cluster weapon dispenser:

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would just love to re-create missions from Desert storm, taking off in the early hours of the morning and flying strike missions deep into Iraq skimming 50ft above the Desert on the way.

I hope one day it will come true.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be honest here, given the evidence and that Polychop and RAZBAM have been fighting over the Tornado Licence since 2014 with no current resolution in sight it seems a lot more likely that their next module would be the A-6 Intruder.

The other thing I'd like to mention which is more of an opinion is if a Tornado were to come I would prefer TrueGrit to do it since they are probably the best people to get the recourses to give it justice as well as almost having the typhoon out.

But I will admit, if those 2 options are off the table, Heatblur would be my next choice of dev for the Tornado

• 5 weeks later...

EDIT 3rd December: Just noticed that the video link has disappeared from this post. I'll attempt to re-find it and edit again to re-embed.

Edited by Tonker
As above

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

• 4 weeks later...