[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

59 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

Is Liberation still being worked on? It’s been very quiet around here for a while. I’m using 5.2 (I think, whatever the latest stable one is on GitHub) is there any news on new versions? 

Last push of dev branch is just 3 days old (see here: https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/actions/workflows/build.yml?query=branch%3Adevelop+event%3Apush) so I guess the answer to your question is: yes, it is!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

I’ve been loving Liberation since it’s reinvention a couple of years back. Thank you so much for providing us with this, and for free!

But, has any one got any tips to get the ai to be at least semi-effective? I’m sure they used to be better than they are now. The only missions I can rely on them to (nearly) get done are strikes and barcaps. Though even strike missions only ever result in 3 targets getting hit.

SEAD for example, they don’t fire any HARMs. They seem to just dive to the deck and fly straight at the SAM site until the enivitable happens, and they catch a missile in the face. 

I know this isn’t caused by Liberation, it’s just DCS ai, but was hopeful some of you guys might have found some clever ways to make the ai a bit better than hopeless? 🙂

DCS Liberation: Graphic bug - artifacts

Hello everyone I hope I can be helped by the community here. While flying a mission with DCS Liberation, first mission I launch, what you see in the picture happens to me. It happens after a while, about 5 minutes of flight from takeoff. Has anyone experienced the same defect and had any way to solve it?

I have the following system

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING Intel Z390 LGA 1151

Intel Core i7-9700K processor 3.6 GHz

2x G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz memory (4 banks of 

Asus ROG THOR 850P 850W Platinum Power Supply Unit

I have already tried to reinstall DCS and install a new graphic driver too, same problem

I never had any problems outside of DCS Liberation, I hope I can fix it because I really like this campaign.

I am attaching pictures of the problem, at first, and then at a second stage, the problem is increasing more and more

Immagine1.jpg

Immagine2.jpg

Edited by MeatBall
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:43 PM, MeatBall said:

Never mind

i forgot the oxygen. Sorry

Seeing what you went through in order to get this "fixed", I'm feeling sorry for you, but yeah, sorry, I also find this very funny 🤣👍

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Reaper51368 said:

Is Github still the place to get the latest Liberation.  The latest version on Github was posted on March 26.  Is there a newer version than 5.2.0 somewhere?

Not an official release, but you can get the night-build betas of the 6.0.0 in the same place.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

4 minutes ago, Reaper51368 said:

What do you click on to get 6.0?  I have looked for it and have been unsuccessful.

Here: https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Preview-builds

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

11 minutes ago, Reaper51368 said:

What do you click on to get 6.0?  I have looked for it and have been unsuccessful.

When you’re looking at the liberation GitHub page, click on actions at the top and will bring up a list of the changes made, click the one at the top/ most recent change and that is the most recent build. Scroll down and There will be a file to download near the bottom under the section “ artifacts”. You have to have a GitHub “ account” setup and be logged in to download the non-releases builds.

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Ok, apologies if I'm being a pest.  Got 6.0 downloaded and started a Syria Allied Sword campaign.  I set a DEAD mission for myself the same as I always have.  When I try to delete or add a waypoint I get an error window saying "can't set attribute 'flight_plan'"(screenshot attached).  This happens even if I attempt to edit an AI flights waypoints.  I have attempted a google search and a search of this topic but without any luck.  I have double checked and it is set to run as administrator.  Any advice?

Screenshot 2022-10-28 090317.png

Ok need  some  help,  cant seem to figure  this  one  out  for the past  2  days. When i plan my  missons etc   the  tarp  aircraft and  cas  aircraft will  fly  their  assigned route  and  to  the  targets  etc.  But  when i assign  any other flights  eg  dead  or  strike   the  aircraft will  take off  and  then proceed  to fly  in a circle  for  ever  and  even  went  away  for  40 minutes  or  so  and  they  still  were  flying  in a  circle.    I  have  set  the  time  limit  to  30  minutes  in the  set  up

On 10/29/2022 at 3:10 AM, Reaper51368 said:

Ok, apologies if I'm being a pest.  Got 6.0 downloaded and started a Syria Allied Sword campaign.  I set a DEAD mission for myself the same as I always have.  When I try to delete or add a waypoint I get an error window saying "can't set attribute 'flight_plan'"(screenshot attached).  This happens even if I attempt to edit an AI flights waypoints.  I have attempted a google search and a search of this topic but without any luck.  I have double checked and it is set to run as administrator.  Any advice?

Screenshot 2022-10-28 090317.png

in  v6   you  cant  add  another  waypoint   hopefully  it  will come  later

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Ok need  some  help,  cant seem to figure  this  one  out  for the past  2  days. When i plan my  missons etc   the  tarp  aircraft and  cas  aircraft will  fly  their  assigned route  and  to  the  targets  etc.  But  when i assign  any other flights  eg  dead  or  strike   the  aircraft will  take off  and  then proceed  to fly  in a circle  for  ever  and  even  went  away  for  40 minutes  or  so  and  they  still  were  flying  in a  circle.    I  have  set  the  time  limit  to  30  minutes  in the  set  up

ok  solved my issues  for  any one  else  having the same issue is to delete   the hold  points in the  waypoint  section

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered/downloaded/installed DCS Liberation, how did I not know of it until now?! Anyway better late than never.

I have it all up and running, even with standalone server to improve performance which works brilliantly with VR.

It has all the feels of the Falcon 4.0 dynamic campaign, and I'm immensely impressed.

Good job to all involved

• Like 2

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

18 hours ago, dmatsch said:

care to elaborate on this?

After you assign  any  AI  packages   to a  target  in the  way point  section  there  are  way points, in  my case   if  i  don't  delete the  hold  points  the  AI aircraft will  do  circles  around  the  hold  point for  ever  and  don't  proceed  to the  next  way point

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started to mess with Liberation. Have a question. Is there any way to reduce number of enemy's operations/plans? I can correct that with amount of money and number of units.
But what if I want just limit number of enemy's operations/plans but leave big amount of money and units?
Cant find any according settings.

Edited by Twantick

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a workaround so the game doesn't spawn my F/A-18 right in the middle of the deck behind Cat 2?  As I understand it you cannot designate a parking spot in the ME as you can on an airfield and the ME spawns the first flight in spot 1 and so on.  In the past, when using Liberation, it would spawn me behind Cat 4 and behind the superstructure, but something changed several updates ago and now it will ONLY spawn me right in the middle of everything.  It's very annoying because I stop the CAP flights from taking off and if I have a wingman they actually taxi into him!

On 12/31/2022 at 9:19 AM, Reaper51368 said:

Is there a workaround so the game doesn't spawn my F/A-18 right in the middle of the deck behind Cat 2?  As I understand it you cannot designate a parking spot in the ME as you can on an airfield and the ME spawns the first flight in spot 1 and so on.  In the past, when using Liberation, it would spawn me behind Cat 4 and behind the superstructure, but something changed several updates ago and now it will ONLY spawn me right in the middle of everything.  It's very annoying because I stop the CAP flights from taking off and if I have a wingman they actually taxi into him!

I believe if you choose Spectator, wait a second for the ai to spawn, then select your aircraft it’ll spawn you in a parking spot rather than in the middle of the deck. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:52 AM, Digitalvole said:

I believe if you choose Spectator, wait a second for the ai to spawn, then select your aircraft it’ll spawn you in a parking spot rather than in the middle of the deck. 🙂

YES!!!!  That worked, thank you so much!!!  Kind of embarrassed I didn't think of that lol.

• Like 1