Autonomous Ground Force Tasking

gromit190

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there. Is there a way to have the system respect "Late Activated" units in regards to linked bases?
In my mission I have a linked base that I want to only activate after a trigger is fired. 

Task Force setup code below

BFConvoy2 = gws_Setup:new()
  :useRandomUnits()  
  :setCountry(country.id.CJTF_BLUE)
  :addRandomUnitAlternative(3, "M-1 Abrams", 0)
  :addTaskGroup()
  :startUsingRoads()
  :addBaseZone("Convoy")
  :linkBase("Convoy", "Convoy_LinkedBaseUnit")
  :addIntermidiateZone("Zone_1")
  :addControlZone("Zone_2")
  :setSkill("High")
  :setMaxRouteDistance(5)
  :setSpeed(15)
  :setAdvancementTimer(180)
  :setReinforceTimer(3600)

I was hoping that by having "Convoy_LinkedBaseUnit" as Late Activated in DCS, the script wouldn't spawn the convoy, however no matter what I seem to try, it always spawns the convoy. Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/9/2023 at 7:55 AM, UltraTopSecret said:

Does anyone have a fix for troops getting stuck near bridges instead of advancing to their capture zone?

Hi, can you share a screenshot of the route the unit(s) get? I am wondering if there is something wrong with the assigned route (generated by the script), or if the route is okay but DCS is the problem.

On 6/9/2023 at 6:55 AM, UltraTopSecret said:

Does anyone have a fix for troops getting stuck near bridges instead of advancing to their capture zone?

16 hours ago, gromit190 said:

Hi, can you share a screenshot of the route the unit(s) get? I am wondering if there is something wrong with the assigned route (generated by the script), or if the route is okay but DCS is the problem.

This sounds related to this topic so we are kind of expecting a fix sooner or later. 

I asked a long time ago about adding the capability to have units retrograde to a previous control zone if they received some threshold of losses. I know this isn't being worked on right now, I'm just wondering if anyone with scripting knowledge might have ideas for how to implement something like this with the script running?