[Static Templates] for Red Coalition Carrier Group

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I have edited a series of six Static Templates to provide a Carrier Fleet for the Red Coalition based on a Kuznetsov unit. Three are for the free Kuznetsov, while the other three are for the SuperCarrier version; one ST for each of the Modern Maps: Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria:

DDLfL7k.jpg

I make use of the crew figures that the SuperCarrier modules provides for free, in order to have a more populated and alive carrier deck (even if the crew uniforms are not really correct for a Russian unit). For this to work, you need to have USAF Aggressors on the Red coalition:

qPZdPYY.jpg

I have placed a lot of static aircrafts and helos while leaving the catapults and landing strip empty, but they are easily deleted if you need more deck space.

Here are some images of the non-SC version:

J53Es97.jpg

959aFWx.jpg

0HXVvDQ.jpg

iC9x8mY.jpg

and these other images are of the SC version:

g3jjyt3.jpg

ppoHviS.jpg

Qjvbzk4.jpg

W1KEexe.jpg

You can download the Templates from this link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312342/

Also, I'm editing more ST for the Blue Coalition, but seems that the american carriers got broken on today's update, so I will upload it on a couple of days, once I'm sure that they work with no issues.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
Added link to User Files

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nice work! Looking forward to the Blue groups.

great work, thanks for this

Thank you both, for your kind words. i will soon upload something similar for the Blue side.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Nice! Placing all those statics can take quite some time.

Indeed! ... one bad thing about the ME is that if I replace the carrier with another one (say, from the old Kuznetsov to the new), then all its linked statics get their positions reset ... yes, they have to be re-placed again, oh joy :doh:

On the Blue side is even worse, as rather than two, we have four carriers ... and the statics have to be re-placed for each one of them :(

Helo,

A reader asked me to explain how to enable the Rescue helicopter that is included on these templates, so here it goes:

I make use of @FunkyFranky useful script, that is very easy to use and requires just a single trigger for itself, plus one other to load the Moose scripting framework, like this:

npNEEkS.jpg

The Script is activated with this LUA file:

-- Rescue Helo @ Kuznetsov
RescueHeloKuznetsov=RESCUEHELO:New("Kuznetsov", "Rescue Helo")
RescueHeloKuznetsov:SetTakeoffAir()   -- Helo will be spawned and respawn in air.
RescueHeloKuznetsov:Start()

The file uses two parameters:

"Kuznetsov" : Is the Unit name of the carrier around which the helicopter will hover. When out of fuel the helo will land on the carrier, refuel and take off again.

"Rescue Helo" : Is the unit name of the helicopter unit, that is set for "Late Activation" on the Template.

If you have more than one carrier on the mission, use a similar LUA file, but with the unit names of the corresponding carrier and helo.

More information about this Script, on this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215825

JvEyKWP.jpg

Best regards and thanks to @FunkyFranky for his script magic :thumbup:

Eduardo

Wait... The statics will not 'stick' to their linked carriers?

The statics do stick to their carrier .... but if I replace the carrier for another, then the statics of the previous carrier get reset in their positions.

It makes sense if I was exchanging two very different carriers, say change a Kuznetsov for a stennis, but very inconvenient when changing a Stennis with a Roosevelt.

That and the statics liking to porpoise into the deck

Haven't seen that one, if you have then you should do a proper bug report (with a track file).

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this great addition!

Using this version I am having trouble spawning on the carrier. I have tried su33s with client and with take off from ramp or take off from ramp hot and I always get a "your flight is delayed" message. 

Do I need to delete any of the static planes?

10 minutes ago, zeitgeist said:

Using this version I am having trouble spawning on the carrier. I have tried su33s with client and with take off from ramp or take off from ramp hot and I always get a "your flight is delayed" message. Do I need to delete any of the static planes?

Strange, as I took care to not put statics near the catapults ...  let me test a bit and I will get back here soon. Thanks for reporting 👍

28 minutes ago, zeitgeist said:

Thanks. But will it only work if the planes spawn already on the takeoff positions? Will not be possible to do a cold start?

OK, it seems that on the current DCS, when you spawn Cold on the soviet carrier, you are placed besides the superstructure ... it's been a while since I last flew the Su-33, but I remember that previously the aircraft was spawned on the catapult even when Cold.

Anyway, the problem is then that a few statics do block this new spawn point, so to fix this you need to remove (or move somewhere else) the statics enclosed on the yellow box of this pic:

6Hp9PSX.jpg

If the mission is for multiplayer, then you might need to clear also the next two positions towards the stern of the ship. Just tested and it works like this:

I would love to update the Template, but currently I'm working on another project and thus have no time to do it ... will set a reminder and as soon as I'm free, I will update these templates. Best regards,

Eduardo

Yes, I imagined that. We used to have problems spawning before so I imagined that was the problem. On Mission editor I don't see the static planes on the kuznetzov so I thought they were spawned by script. That is why I asked.

I will try to look into the mission editor and figure out why I do'nt see the static objects. This does not happen only on the kuznetzov but it is happening on the airfield templates as well. 

But thanks for the help

EDIT: Found it. Sorry I was being dumb. Thanks

Edited by zeitgeist
  • Like 1