F-8 Crusader

MrDieing

• 1 month later...

What’s the latest on the Crusader?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello LN/M3!

Just wondering if there is any news to share, or if there will be some sort of a newsletter at the end of the year with more info?

Hope all is well and looking forward to the F-8!

I would think it's safe to assume, that there will be some sort of newsletter on this before the end of the year.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's been 6 weeks and no news yet.

That's true. I posted it to show that an update is or at least was planned for both the Corsair and the Crusader. Hiromachi mentioned he is waiting on some artwork hence the delay. I assume it is still going to happen at the very least before the new year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2019 at 4:27 AM, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

This is how badly I am the target for this:

I'd actually prefer the French version, even with its limitations. It's cool though, I'll take any Crusader, really. French Aeronavale Crusaders were pretty damn sexy, though. The perfect solution would be to just offer the Magics on the F-8 we get so it can pose as a French Crusader. MiG-21bis can't launch the Grom in reality and HB are considering letting the F-14 use R-73s, IIRC.

maxresdefault.jpg

I saw them flying in Bretagne, Les monts d'Arree, they were doing some limited aerobatics just over the village where I was living, but in any case, I always could hear them taking off from Landivisiau, from the top of the mountains on a clear day we could see the coast...

The F-8 have been my favourite fighter for as long as I played Strike fighter II with some interresting settings, like unlimited amo, no missiles (guns only) with tons of Mig-17, 19 and 21 to take down, I am not sure its flight envelop and characteristics were accurate in Strike fighter II but flown as it should, you can yoyo Mig 17s easily and take them down.

I'll add this one to my collection for sure, hope we have a French Navy version too...

• Like 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

I would love to climb into F-8 cockpit some day 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

18 hours ago, Hiromachi said:

I would already be happy to climb in a virtual F-8 😉

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/25/2020 at 7:48 AM, ustio said:

There was an interview by GR on magnitude

The F-8J's ViW had only 5° of incidence. Just like the F-8E(FN).

Edit:

I guess they'll have to chose a technical configuration.

I think AFC 544 should be the configuration to go for.

F-8Jflaps_nonBLC.PNG

F-8Jflaps.PNG

Decreased flap and aileron-droop should make for better wave-off capabilities.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Thanks 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Surrexen said:

I'd be down for a crusader in my hangar 😄

I wasn’t in VFP-62 during the Cuban Crisis, but I was in 1966-67 as a photographer’s mate.  I have always wanted to fly the Crusader.  Sooner the better.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 3 weeks later...

Carrier operations on the deck of WW2 Essex Class - USS Shangri-La in year 1962, somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea.

With takeoffs and landings of the first, lightweight F-8A Crusaders being quite new, in service from 1957 (notice lector still calls it "F8U" along with the older Navy designation changed in the same 1962)

There are also A-4D Skyhawks light attack planes, F4D Skyray high altitude interceptors with huge lift to mass.

(Make sure you selected 1080P since video has great quality for 1962, year of Cuban missile crisis, it's way before Vietnam.)

Edited by bies
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 12/27/2020 at 9:47 AM, Hiromachi said:

FYI there is a cockpit trainer you can get in at Tillamook Air Museum in OR. Its a bit worn and missing some dials, but likely one of the only opportunities.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:16 AM, bies said:

Carrier operations on the deck of WW2 Essex Class - USS Shangri-La in year 1962, somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea.

With takeoffs and landings of the first, lightweight F-8A Crusaders being quite new, in service from 1957 (notice lector still calls it "F8U" along with the older Navy designation changed in the same 1962)

There are also A-4D Skyhawks light attack planes, F4D Skyray high altitude interceptors with huge lift to mass.

(Make sure you selected 1080P since video has great quality for 1962, year of Cuban missile crisis, it's way before Vietnam.)

Interesting to see the Crusaders taking off in dry power. I guess it helps that they were flying clean.

On 2/10/2021 at 12:57 AM, AG-51_Razor said:

Was that Burl Ives doing the narrating??

It's a part of "Flying Clipper" from 1962.

34 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Interesting to see the Crusaders taking off in dry power. I guess it helps that they were flying clean.

This, plus they are F-8A - first lightest variant with the smallest wing loading.

• Like 1