What about FC-31 for the next module?

J-20

Deka has done great job in making JF-17, a plane that is designed by Chinese but not in service in China. It is understandable, because doing so will not leak Chinese state secret and the performance data on aircrafts which are in service, thus will not expose Chinese airforce's true capacity. At the same time, it can be used as an advertisement to promote export sale.

So using this logic, I was thinking, what about FC-31. It is designed by China for export and not in service. Making FC-31 will be a good advertisement to promote export sale of FC-31 too. At the same time, as DCS players we get one and only 5th generation stealth fighter in the game. Everybody is happy.

5cc0656b-52b6-4eae-b06d-c401ec3f0def.jpeg

QU-4-hezpzwu6099491.jpg

2566012.jpg?v=v40

Nope. DEKA said that there next module would be a true redfor fighter without MFD's. Also its too modern. I mean, the newst plane that we have is JF-17 with first flight in 2003. Ask in 20-30 years again if we could get a Gen 5 fighter.

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 1

My skins

Other than the fact that 5th gen features are way too complex to be replicated in DCS even if there was enough information about them, only two have been built (and they are not even identical, meaning the design isn't finalized) and none are operational, or will be remotely close to being operational any time soon. How would the module not be just a bunch of guesswork?

Edited by TLTeo

That would be fine!

Capable of Mach 4 supercruise, 5000 NM combat range, 10 hardpoints, "Eye of Sauron" AESA RADAR Mk. 999, and laser beams for weapons.

Sound reasonable?

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 3 years later...
On 6/11/2020 at 11:09 PM, J-20 said:

Deka has done great job in making JF-17, a plane that is designed by Chinese but not in service in China. It is understandable, because doing so will not leak Chinese state secret and the performance data on aircrafts which are in service, thus will not expose Chinese airforce's true capacity. At the same time, it can be used as an advertisement to promote export sale.

So using this logic, I was thinking, what about FC-31. It is designed by China for export and not in service. Making FC-31 will be a good advertisement to promote export sale of FC-31 too. At the same time, as DCS players we get one and only 5th generation stealth fighter in the game. Everybody is happy.

This may actually be doable.

Have you guys heard the news? The FC-31 won't be the same as the J-35 which is adopted by the Chinese Navy.

The FC-31 will remain as an "export only" jet while the Chinese Navy uses J-35.

The recently released photo showed that the J-35 is significantly larger than FC-31. It is roughly the size of an F-22. So it is basically a heavy fighter now.

Picture: J-35

N6bhUjH.jpg

Picture: FC-31

ikqzofH.png

Picture: Size Comparison

4tLGvmE.png

The smaller FC-31 will be the export only. It uses either the RD-93 or WS-13 engine, while the J-35 uses larger WS-19 engines.

g3KHyXX.png

Moreover, recently, the Pakistan Air Force has officially announced the plan to purchase FC-31. (please see the video)

Afterwards, the Indian government expressed their concern as their own 5th gen fighter jet would not be available before China delivered the FC-31 to Pakistan.

So, hopefully, we can get it in the near future for DCS. Flying a 5th gen fighter in DCS, wouldn't that be beautiful?  🙂 

@uboats 看看您是否可以动用人脉问一下沈飞。After China delivers FC-31 to Pakistan, can you please ask Shengyang and see if they will grant us permission to make FC-31 just like you did with FC-1?  🙂  You know what they say, "There is no harm in asking". 🙂 

• Like 4

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

18 hours ago, PLAAF said:

This may actually be doable.

Have you guys heard the news? The FC-31 won't be the same as the J-35 which is adopted by the Chinese Navy.

The FC-31 will remain as an "export only" jet while the Chinese Navy uses J-35.

The recently released photo showed that the J-35 is significantly larger than FC-31. It is roughly the size of an F-22. So it is basically a heavy fighter now.

Picture: J-35

N6bhUjH.jpg

Picture: FC-31

ikqzofH.png

Picture: Size Comparison

4tLGvmE.png

The smaller FC-31 will be the export only. It uses either the RD-93 or WS-13 engine, while the J-35 uses larger WS-19 engines.

g3KHyXX.png

Moreover, recently, the Pakistan Air Force has officially announced the plan to purchase FC-31. (please see the video)

Afterwards, the Indian government expressed their concern as their own 5th gen fighter jet would not be available before China delivered the FC-31 to Pakistan.

So, hopefully, we can get it in the near future for DCS. Flying a 5th gen fighter in DCS, wouldn't that be beautiful?  🙂 

@uboats 看看您是否可以动用人脉问一下沈飞。After China delivers FC-31 to Pakistan, can you please ask Shengyang and see if they will grant us permission to make FC-31 just like you did with FC-1?  🙂  You know what they say, "There is no harm in asking". 🙂 

As cool as that would be, I doubt.

Personally my thoughts still lie with J-10CE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlankerFan35 said:

As cool as that would be, I doubt.

No harm in asking, no harm in asking. 🙂

1 hour ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Personally my thoughts still lie with J-10CE.

I think we may actually have more chances with the FC-31. Because the J-10CE shares exactly the same flight characteristics as the domestic J-10C. But if the FC-31 is significantly smaller, that means it won't share the flight characteristics as the J-35. So people won't be able to predict the performance of the J-35.

• Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I won't hold my breath for the FC-31, but it'd make a great addition to DCS. It would tip the balance of power significantly towards the red side. I remember reading somewhere that US officials think the FC-31 will be more than a match for F-18's and F-16's, and I think it'd even give the Eurofighter a run for its money, so we can imagine the salt mines from the Blue side about it. Plus it would be interesting if Red, who's been lagging behind technologically, gets a stealth aircraft long before Blue does.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 5:47 AM, Solo Wing said:

so we can imagine the salt mines from the Blue side about it. 

Of course, they will. I still remember when JF-17 was introduced initially, the SD-10 overpowered AIM-120 and those guys cried hard about how JF-17 was OP and wanted ED to nerf it, even if it meant reducing the realism level of the missile. Can you imagine that? We play DCS for its realism and yet they want to reduce it. I had to reply to their posts to comfort their glass hearts saying that it may be better if we buff the AIM-120 instead of nerfing the SD-10 because the AIM-120 in DCS isn't performing as well as its real-life counterparts. 

• Like 3

qLjvyQ3.png

8 hours ago, PLAAF said:

even if it meant reducing the realism level of the missile.

The SD-10 was never realistic in the first place. When ED check the Aerodynamics, they got different performance results then Deka due to different methods of checking the aerodynamics. This caused ED to take over all missile development (even from 3rd party developers) and to redo a lot of older missiles as well (Aim-120 and R-27 family)

My skins

11 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

The SD-10 was never realistic in the first place. When ED check the Aerodynamics, they got different performance results then Deka due to different methods of checking the aerodynamics. This caused ED to take over all missile development (even from 3rd party developers) and to redo a lot of older missiles as well (Aim-120 and R-27 family)

That might be the case from today's point of view. But back then no one knows about that. And those guys didn't cry because SD-10 showed a different aerodynamic from ED's test method. I should check their comments again, I remember they were hilarious.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

• 3 weeks later...