Adding kneeboard pages from mission file

El Bastardo

For some aircraft (A-10C & F-5 for sure), creating the following folder structure within a .miz file allows a picture to show up in the kneeboard of the specified aircraft.

KNEEBOARD/<Aircraft>/IMAGES/<picture.png>

This doesn't work in the viggen and I am now wondering if it is even possible. :(

Does it require a different folder structure and/or folder names?

I'd appreciate any help.

Do they not show up at all, or do they show up as transparent pages?

The Viggen's kneeboard script is still a bit… ehrm… flakey, let's call it, when it comes to loading kneeboard pages outside of the ones explicitly defined by the mod itself — you either need to mod the mod, or you'll end up with images not being loaded at all (but the pages are still created, just with nothing on them). It's highly likely that mission kneeboards suffer from a similar problem.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Do they not show up at all, or do they show up as transparent pages?

The Viggen's kneeboard script is still a bit… ehrm… flakey, let's call it, when it comes to loading kneeboard pages outside of the ones explicitly defined by the mod itself — you either need to mod the mod, or you'll end up with images not being loaded at all (but the pages are still created, just with nothing on them). It's highly likely that mission kneeboards suffer from a similar problem.

Sadly, I couldn't tell you if I wanted to.

Since I got the viggen, I have had 40+ blank pages at the end of the viggens kneeboard.

The only additional pages in there are from this mod.

Deleting the mod didn't get rid of the blank pages either.

I know that you need a lua file for every image you want to display on the kneeboard.

Problem is, what directory would I even specify in there if I wanted to load an image from a mission file, which could be saved anywhere by a user.

Lua File:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/definitions.lua")
SetScale(FOV)
add_picture("[b][i]-----DIRECTORY OF THE IMAGE????-----[/i][/b]", 0, 0, 2, 2*GetAspect(), 0, 0, 1, 1)

Edited by El Bastardo