How to install Liveries in 2.5?

2 hours ago, jackd said:

(note the simplified namings like 'Body" etc.

The first field of the description.lua lines, is the name that the surface to be textured has on the 3D Model of the aircraft. You don't get to change those names, as they are defined within the 3D model, you use them just to identify to which surface the texture should be applied.

The "false" textures are the ones you edited, and hey should be stored on the same folder where you have placed the description.lua file ... the "true" texture lines can be ommited and DCS will take those from the default livery it has for the aircraft.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

HI Y'all. dunno where to post this ... there seems to be no skinnery department for livery editing, also on Discord.

I have been working with Urbi's c74 template also adding RAF stuff to it for a mission i want to publish.

Now i  cannot find the engine cowlings in the C47_wings-L and -R_D PSD templates or even existing dds files :

BOAC nose temp.jpg

Tips welcome.  !

Edited by jackd

8 minutes ago, jackd said:

HI Y'all. dunno where to post this ... there seems to be no skinnery department for livery editing, also on Discord.

I have been working with Urbi's c74 template also adding RAF stuff to it for a mission i want to publish.

Now i  cannot find the engine cowlings in the C47_wings-L and -R_D PSD templates or even existing dds files :

BOAC nose temp.jpg

Tips welcome.  !

Replace the textures with the one below and then you can find where these parts are located.

WNuJg.jpg

Also, if you are looking for the skinning/liveries subforum, go here: https://forum.dcs.world/forum/256-liveriesskinning/

• Thanks 1

Got this working description.lua, working for a 'Third Reich' selected Warlord64 skin (Junkers-88).

in the line countries there is only "GER","NZG" present not "Third Reich", but the skin it still works in the game ... what is NZG ? see below for the whole script.

(BTW what is the line ID      = 2  standing for?

=======================================

livery = {
    {"Junkers_88_Body", 0 ,"junkers_88_Body_D",false};
    {"Junkers88_Wing_R", 0 ,"junkers_88_wing_r_d",false};
    {"Junkers88_Wing_L", 0 ,"junkers_88_wing_l_d",false};
    {"Junkers_88_guns", 0 ,"junkers_88_guns_Gunmetal_d",false};
        {"Junkers_88_Vint", 0 ,"junkers_88_vint_d",false};
        {"Junkers_88_Vint_N", 0 ,"junkers_88_vint_n",false};
        {"pilot_FW190",    0 ,"pilot_fw190",false};
        {"pilot_FW190_helmet", 0 ,"pilot_fw190_helmet",false};

{"Junkers_88_Body", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"junkers_88_body_d_RoughMet",false};
    {"Junkers88_Wing_R", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"junkers_88_wing_r_d_roughmet",false};
        {"Junkers88_Wing_L", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"junkers_88_wing_l_d_roughmet",false};
        {"Junkers_88_Vint", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"junkers_88_vint_d_roughmet",false};

}
name = "Ju88-A4_KG51_BLANK CODE"
countries = {"GER","NZG",}
id         = 2

==================================

Thnx

What do you mean by "not necessary"? If I recall correctly, If the mission is set to 1944 in the editor, you won't be able to put a unit on a map and assign it to "Germany", because that one is reserved for post-war Germany. That's why a 3rd Reich option was implemented, with its own separate entry for description.lua.

• Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

OK so i'll have to add "Third Reich" as well as "NZG" to be safe. NZG does not cover WW2 then.

I am just adding some artwork and edit's to Warlord64's Ju-88A template for a mission i am working on still.

BTW I could not find if tactical numbers for squadrons are programmable in the ME like in IL2 Great Battles, or do you have to set them manually in each skin?

Latter would make the mission (JSGME) file quite large, as i need 8 separate Junkers 88 planes.

NZG is the abbreviation for the third reich. Typing in the lua "Third Reich" will probably do nothing.

Some skins have dynamic bort numbers that can be set in the mission editor. Bear in mind though that it is not even remotely as customisable as in IL2. 

42 minutes ago, jackd said:

OK so i'll have to add "Third Reich" as well as "NZG" to be safe. NZG does not cover WW2 then.

That’s not necessary, you can use either the full name or its ID code on the description.lua. 
Here is a list with all the valid countries:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hv82ibNX40leYDmgsQ

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 5 weeks later...

ADDED: i got mods working using Art's and Rudel's advice. thanks. However i am still confused a little about folder names.

Generally it works if i set f.i ships up install via JSGME in my collected MODS folder: F:\Saved Games\MODS-DCS ...

f.i. a Navy tugboat: F:\Saved Games\MODS-DCS\Navy Tugboat\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Navy Tugboat  works OK.

Now where are they installed, as i cannot find them in my working game folder after activation via JSGME, F:\- GAMES 2\DCS World OpenBeta            

Are they moved somewhere else in a location other than latter folder ??