NDB Navigation problems

Slazi

Edit: Nevermind!!! I was looking at the wrong needle. I was looking at the RSBN... Sorry! Actually, my question at the end of still of interest:

Ignore this part:

Anyone else having problems with this? It sometimes works, but I can't figure out why.

I'm probably doing something wrong, so let me walk you through what I'm doing.

The steps marked in squared brackets [] I assume are optional.

Starting in Mozdok as a cold start (based on the first tutorial mission):

1) Request ground power

2) Turn on batteries, invertors, [engine,] and RDO.

[3) Turn on flight recorder]

[4) Turn ADF on (left panel) so I can hear it]

[5) Turn RKL-41 to ANT to hear the Morse code]

6) Tune the right RLK wheel to 0520 (and the inner section to the bottom 0) - so 05.25

7) Turn RKL-41 to Comp-Auto

At this point, I think the ADF point on my HDI should change direction (to 275 degrees), but nothing happens.

I can hear the Morse code.

One thing that surprises me is the signal strength indicator is 0. I would expect that to be at full after tuning appropriately. Switching the mode switch to TLG will set indicator to full. It stays the same (full) after switching back again to TLF.

Tuning the left wheel to 1060.5 and switching to inner NDB has the same effect.

I'm on the Steam openBeta version.

Edited by Slazi

]

One thing that surprises me is the signal strength indicator is 0. I would expect that to be at full after tuning appropriately. Switching the mode switch to TLG will set indicator to full. It stays the same (full) after switching back again to TLF.

This question still stands.

You need set up 1065 for the Inner NDB and 525 for the Outer NDB - you need to tune the RKL, too. (manual p. 154)

I works by default, if you place a L-39 on Mozdok, Ramp Hot Start.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

• 7 years later...

I'm also curious about this TLF/TLG and signal strength behavior. TLG obviously activates the signal indicator, but is it normal that it stays at that position when TLF is selected? There is no spring or something? It still goes down to indicate lower signal, if you are in TLG, so it works, but in most measuring devices I'd expect the needle going back to 0 when not active.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube