A little May update about MiG-19P

OverStratos

Cant tell if this was directed at me or not..

RP-5 is pulse radar. The real one had ground and cloud clutter. There is video footage showing this.

Are you suggesting that it is a clutter free radar (coherent, pulse doppler, MTI)?

I think he was talking about the day / night modes and not necessarily anything to do with clutter. That said I second your earlier comment, I want to know how clutter will be modeled.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant tell if this was directed at me or not..

RP-5 is pulse radar. The real one had ground and cloud clutter. There is video footage showing this.

Are you suggesting that it is a clutter free radar (coherent, pulse doppler, MTI)?

Hi Beamscanner,

please relax, this is not directed at you in any way. He´s just showing the work on the radar screen for day and night modes as Dr. Squirrel said.

Regarding the radar clutter and noise, you´re mostly right in every aspect, so expect to see it in the final product.:)

One of the many tests that the MiG-19P is undergoing.

In this case it was a sustained climb in full afterburners to the rated ceiling of 17,000 meters (55,774 feet).. The primary objective was to check the cockpit pressurization logic. The test was a success, the cockpit pressurization worked as it should.

Unfortunately the aircraft's engines require more fine tuning since the aircraft's climb flattened at 15,900 meters (52,165 feet), 1100 meters short of the goal.

44199716_1912625015490794_7095340282853457920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&oh=3035048fdf418173df624e0722107b8e&oe=5C4EB0CA

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Nice cockpit visibility there

TrackIR helps a lot and with the Rift it is even better but unfortunately the Rift is not the adequate tool for development.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Will there be any campaign on first (early) release?

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

I know, I've asked for this once before, but here it is again, because no answer was given, which probably was the answer :smilewink:

Can we please have the manual yet? I always love to read the manuals before I enter my new modules, so you could save me some time there, if it's not too much to ask. Understandable, if no is the asnwer.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I know, I've asked for this once before, but here it is again, because no answer was given, which probably was the answer :smilewink:

Can we please have the manual yet? I always love to read the manuals before I enter my new modules, so you could save me some time there, if it's not too much to ask. Understandable, if no is the asnwer.

We don't have an actual manual. What we do have is a System Description document compiled by somebody who has access to the Russian Manuals, to people who worked with the aircraft (former pilots and ground crew), and to an actual working aircraft.

I'll ask him if I can give this document to you as a teaser.

We don't have an actual manual. What we do have is a System Description document compiled by somebody who has access to the Russian Manuals, to people who worked with the aircraft (former pilots and ground crew), and to an actual working aircraft.

I'll ask him if I can give this document to you as a teaser.

Does that mean there is only this document, or will there be a manual at some stage?

I think some video totorial like Wags videos will be good enough for the launch. Don’t rush

That's your opinion, buddy. I'd rather read the manuals first, do the training missions second, fly the campaign missions and single missions if available, and then hit the multiplayer community. But that's just me.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Does that mean there is only this document, or will there be a manual at some stage?

That's your opinion, buddy. I'd rather read the manuals first, do the training missions second, fly the campaign missions and single missions if available, and then hit the multiplayer community. But that's just me.

Like all our other aircrafts, there will be a pilot's manual.

At this time there is none available, only our working documents.

Roger that. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you keeping us always informed and answering the questions.

Godspeed, and best of luck upon release :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments