[NO BUG] The stuttering and micro freezing is insane

key_stroked

It was bothersome before the 3/22 patch, but now it's on another level of pure frustration.

For me, just flying the simple 1v1 instant mission against the Mig 21 in the Persian Gulf results in freezes every 5 seconds or so while dogfighting.

Whatever performance issues are going on with the F-14 are making this module simply unplayable.

It's bad.

Edited by IronMike

It was bothersome before the 3/22 patch, but now it's on another level of pure frustration.

For me, just flying the simple 1v1 instant mission against the Mig 21 in the Persian Gulf results in freezes every 5 seconds or so while dogfighting.

Whatever performance issues are going on with the F-14 are making this module simply unplayable.

It's bad.

What are your specs?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

No such problems here.

Your system specs would be helpful. My specs are not too high end any more and I don't have any issues.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Actually this last patch fixed most of my stuttering and performance issues. However it appears a severe CTD has now cropped up when engaging with the AIM7 at least in MP.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Actually this last patch fixed most of my stuttering and performance issues. However it appears a severe CTD has now cropped up when engaging with the AIM7 at least in MP.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3854330&postcount=19

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like an issue with your system, no such issues here or in the MP community that were flying last night.

Everyone reporting this patch increased the performance immensely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I have more stuttering and constant no-dump CTDs also. I mostly use the PG map.

Specs in sig.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I have more stuttering and constant no-dump CTDs also. I mostly use the PG map.

Specs in sig.

Issuesin VR or in 2D also?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Seems like VR only, but I don’t play in 2D.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

same here. Its nearly unflyable. Maybe now even more stutters than before the patch.

Its not low fps, i have enough of them (always over 50) but the dramatic microstutters and reloads. I cant fly like this, sorry. All other planes are mostly ok but this really hardcore.

There are no 5 seconds where it doesnt pause for a split of a second, when doing turns its a constant stutter.

Added to that it takes now (after the last patch) up to 5 sec until the RIO is usable. And that constantly. Maybe after calling him the 3rd time its a bit better but still then its around 2 sec waiting time until i can move cam, click things in RIO pos.

I would love to have the patch/Ram fix rolled back.... Before it was better.

RTX 2080

I 7700K

16 GB Ram

Win 10 189

Pagefile of 16GB set in win

An no, its not my system... i can run Lockheed Martins P3D, the benchmark of sims, pretty nice. Not even wanna talk about games like Division 2, BF4 etc, they all run in fully maxed settings with constant 60 fps vsync.

Edited by Senchay

Runs amazing in my system, smooth and looks INSANE!!!maybe you need more ram/ssd?

Haha, if I need more than 32gb or ram and an SSD faster than the NVMe 960 Evo, shoot me ;)

For me, it’s mostly on initial loading, but I do consistently get less smoothness and lower frames than the hornet. It might be related to PG map as well?

Edited by Sandman1330

Haha, if I need more than 32gb or ram and an SSD faster than the NVMe 960 Evo, shoot me ;)

It's really strange that you're seing worse performance with this latest hotfix then the one before it. I have the exact opposite experience, and Im not the only one.

Have you tried deleting the fxo and metashader folder in your user/saved_games/DCS folder?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It's really strange that you're seing worse performance with this latest hotfix then the one before it. I have the exact opposite experience, and Im not the only one.

Have you tried deleting the fxo and metashader folder in your user/saved_games/DCS folder?

Good point - will try that. Though I may roll back anyway until the hotfix, since I’ve become a victim of the CTD issue.

;3854539']Sounds like an issue with your system, no such issues here or in the MP community that were flying last night.

Everyone reporting this patch increased the performance immensely.

I'm not everyone apparently rdlaugh.png

But I didn't get any stutter or freeze issues. I fixed my stutters by replacing a 970 with a 1080 and cranking up textures from low/low to high/high again in the process as well plus increasing vis distance from med to high. Just having lower fps than usual since the Tomcat release update and the most recent one didn't fix that. Flying in PG, about 80nm drom Dubai or Abu Dhabi, my frames go down from 60-100 to 20-30 by just looking in the general direction of those metropoles without any object being rendered there at all because of distance. But that's not even Tomcat related, having this in the Hornet as well, pretty much to the same extent. But even those 20-30fps seem to be relatively smooth, so it could be worse.♦♦

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

on hdd.

Can dcs be moved to ssd or one has to reinstall everything?

The biggest change in the patch has been to make loading of Jester sounds happen on the fly when the sound is needed. Your HDD may be introducing stutters/hitching by seeking the sound on the harddrive.

Speculating. Give it a try to move it to an SSD if you have one!<

It should work to just move the entire installation folder.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/