Decoupling Rearming/Refueling from FARP Pads/Airfields

Xoho

I have asked the team about the use of a vehicle as a master object, I am not sure this is possible and can not promise anything at this stage.

thanks

this would be fantastic. In that case probably the main issue is about resource management, but having a dedicated "FARP vehicle" linked to wh could be a good workaround. That would mean that a group made of fuel truck, utility truck, comms vehicle and FARP vehicle could allow temporary FARP repositioning as in real doctrine and also provide valuable objectives.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 1 year later...

I don‘t get the point here - sorry if I am asking but the best what we could have in DCS is the rearm and fuel truck disconnected from the FARP - so for example 2 Helo’s with CTLD - one carry a fuel truck crate the other ammo truck crate, built them anywhere where it is suitable and then you have the option to rearm and refuel there - would be a massive improvement especially for multiplayer environment - so no fixed farp, dynamically the player is able to place where it is needed. Is this possible @BIGNEWY???

8 hours ago, CYPHER11 said:

I don‘t get the point here - sorry if I am asking but the best what we could have in DCS is the rearm and fuel truck disconnected from the FARP - so for example 2 Helo’s with CTLD - one carry a fuel truck crate the other ammo truck crate, built them anywhere where it is suitable and then you have the option to rearm and refuel there - would be a massive improvement especially for multiplayer environment - so no fixed farp, dynamically the player is able to place where it is needed. Is this possible @BIGNEWY???

Indeed, the various "Cargo" objects should be included in the list of required units for FARP operations (refuel, rearm, repair).

That, in combination with loosing the (invisible) FARP landing pad as a requirement, would give transport helo ops such an incredible boost in usefulness.

Imagine being able to create your own FARP by slingloading cargo. That'd be more than awesome!!

Please consider this ED. We need more use for transport helo ops!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

46 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Indeed, the various "Cargo" objects should be included in the list of required units for FARP operations (refuel, rearm, repair).

That, in combination with loosing the (invisible) FARP landing pad as a requirement, would give transport helo ops such an incredible boost in usefulness.

Imagine being able to create your own FARP by slingloading cargo. That'd be more than awesome!!

Please consider this ED. We need more use for transport helo ops!

Well - I don‘t like the slingloading option - on most dynamic MP servers you have to fly horrible distances to get to the AO - so just carrying an internal crate would be great 😉 but how Mission designers use it in the end depends on them. The feature to rearm/refuel anywhere with the trucks is what we need indeed 🙂 

maybe also with an option in the ME where you can select something like „aircraft able to rearm/refuel next to unit“ or different 🙂 

for me - this little feature would be a game changer 😉

• 10 months later...