Will we be able to fly the new A-10C II with the campaign?

Hey! I am still thinking whether to just make it available as is for A-10C II OR to updated it accordingly, add some missions (which would mean probably having a total of around 24), update old ones and release it as a new version specific for the new model. According to the poll I created, majority would like to see the latter option...

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey! I am still thinking whether to just make it available as is for A-10C II OR to updated it accordingly, add some missions (which would mean probably having a total of around 24), update old ones and release it as a new version specific for the new model. According to the poll I created, majority would like to see the latter option...

Oh interesting choice! I would vote for just having the campaign as it is but with the new aircraft, and invest the time in a new A10C II campaign instead, maybe in the Gulf or Syria? :smilewink:

Is that poll somewhere public?

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I would vote for just having the campaign as it is but with the new aircraft, and invest the time in a new A10C II campaign instead, maybe in the Gulf or Syria? :smilewink:

+1

doing a campaign overhaul would take a lot of time and effort. swapping one A-10C for another in mission editor can be done in minutes and quickly available to players.

there is zero content for the new a-10c and cloning the campaign with hog type swapped would be just perfect solution.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Oh interesting choice! I would vote for just having the campaign as it is but with the new aircraft, and invest the time in a new A10C II campaign instead, maybe in the Gulf or Syria? :smilewink:

Is that poll somewhere public?

I second this. I vote for just changing to the new airframe and creating a syria/gulf campaign instead.

if you're gonna make a hog campaign from scrath i'd rather have it on syria map, but I would be keen for either option. I have seen you're also making an F-16 syria campaign - super excited for that

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Swapping A10C for A10CII within the mission editor - you can do it for yourself within minutes, no need for Baltic to do it imho.

Therefore an overhaul with some new missions - the new laser guided rockets just fit to perfect - would be my choice...

Can't really do that with paid (i.e. protected) DLC, right?

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I think I will just add II to the campaign, so you can choose which version to play, but I won't be adding anything new to it.

Thanks, that would be awesome

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I haven't played the Campaign since I bought V3.0, besides first release was awesome. So to be able to play through in the II would be doublenice for me. :) Also choosing suitable loadout (like the apkws(?)) in the ME should not be a problem, too... Now I've just got to remap all the hotas and keys for the II... :rolleyes:

Edited by Hekktor

I think I will just add II to the campaign, so you can choose which version to play, but I won't be adding anything new to it.

I think it is the best thing, and then focus on new content for PG or Syria map with the nee A-10C

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest Pro  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, F-16EX Grip, Orion 2 Base, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

That would be great!

As others said, that will also give you more time for new awesome Baltic Dragon campaigns :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hello!

Is there any way you could speculate around a timeframe for this? Days, weeks, months... ?

Asking because I very recently got the campaign, and not sure If I should start it or wait:)

I think I got stuck on mission 9 or 10 and I have not had a chance to get back to it because i heard that the version 2 module would be out.

I also vote that we can choose which A10 model to use. That would be the quickest option. A new campaign will take a lot of time.

I still can't wait for the iron flag campaign!!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hello!

Is there any way you could speculate around a timeframe for this? Days, weeks, months... ?

Asking because I very recently got the campaign, and not sure If I should start it or wait:)

I hope to do this next week, so hopefully with the release in 2 weeks (sigh).I already have one of the beta testers (kudos Toxygen) checking how it works after swap and so far, so good!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Good decision :worthy:

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

+1 best choice. Put the real effort into a new campaign in Syria instead! :) Keep up the good work!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I hope to do this next week, so hopefully with the release in 2 weeks (sigh).I already have one of the beta testers (kudos Toxygen) checking how it works after swap and so far, so good!

Best decision! Will we be able to edit campaign progress? I'm in mission 8 right now and it would be nice if I could somehow transfer the progress instead of starting over.

EDIT:

nm I see this is alrdy possible by editing logbook.lua

Edited by MrExplosion

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Many thanks, BD! :)

And many thanks, MrExplosion! I came here to ask exactly the question you have just answered (I'm in Mission 9), you're reading my mind :)

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box