WW2 style quick mission generator

carss

Is there a possibility in the future if the quick mission generator could give opponents of your level. Like if you select a P-51, it'll change the coalition and it will automatically to Germany or something and select the FW-190 or BF-109 as your main opponents, unlike now the way it makes you go against Su-27s and Mig-29s in P-51s, it's obvious you aren't going to last two minutes against those. :helpsmilie:

Can the same be done for other planes like the F-86 Sabre or Mig-15/21? and for other planes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 1 year later...
We know the issue. Looking forward to improve QMG in near future.

Hi with the release of 2.5 I bought some stuff on steam including normandy and the asset pack. I too was wondering if it was possible to do a QM with ww2 assets and aircraft.

I notice this response was from 2016 so wondered if it already exists and I just do not know how, or if it is still not finished yet ?

I think classifications can be as follows.....

WW2: P-51, Fw-190, BF-109 etc

Early Cold War: F-86, Mig-15

Late Cold War: F-5, Mig-21, F-4

Modern Era: F/A-18, M2000C, F-15, Su-27, F-14 etc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

If you lasted 2 minuets I tip my hat to your pilot skills. I only lasted 30 seconds after spawning before a Su27 shoved a missile up my butt.

Being new to this game, after receiving the P-51 disk version as a gift. Then seeing that there is a map labeled Normandy 1944 with a WW2 asset pack which I also purchase online. Then the disappointment of finding out after installing all of this after a very long download. That the quick missions put me up against modern jets and missiles. This is really not a good way to try and sell a product. Tried playing around to edit the mission which was supposed to be Air to Air I take the time to change all the Jets to 109’s and 190’s and go back in. Oh my you forgot to look for SAM sites well stupid here is another missile up your butt. I did much better my survival time was close to 2 min. the missile had longer to travel I guess…

I just thought it was foolish back in 1944 for the Russians to sell Su27’s and SAMS to the Germans. I just find that odd.

Well... I didn't have missiles so I didn't let him have any either and the mission was built to start head on at I think 350MPH. I think 1 or 1.5 Nm range. So a bit slow for him perhaps, but... he has a bit of a power advantage so I thought it was fair :).

But in any case... I killed him but only because he was "AI" and insisted on turning instead of what a real pilot would do. He may have had full fuel also. I seem to recall it was more of a thing where I was trying to set up the mission purely to see if there indeed was a setup in which I could kill an AI SU-27 with a Mustang...

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I agree that at the very least it'd be nice to be able to use the mission editor with just WWII era units. Then you could relatively quickly make your own WWII missions without tons of scrolling through modern planes and vehicles. I'm not sure why this doesn't exist already. Does anyone really have any interest in flying a P-51 against SA-8s and Mig-29s? It's just not realistic or enjoyable.

I agree that at the very least it'd be nice to be able to use the mission editor with just WWII era units. Then you could relatively quickly make your own WWII missions without tons of scrolling through modern planes and vehicles. I'm not sure why this doesn't exist already. Does anyone really have any interest in flying a P-51 against SA-8s and Mig-29s? It's just not realistic or enjoyable.

Introduced a few patches ago was exactly what you asked for above. Selecting the year during your mission build and then highlighting the watch in the picture below..... will indeed limit your selections to the time period you have set for the mission. Hope that helps. Cheers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=248917&stc=1&d=1601547157

dateset.thumb.PNG.4a1f5b9dbe22893e0620cb44bedf386d.PNG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Introduced a few patches ago was exactly what you asked for above. Selecting the year during your mission build and then highlighting the watch in the picture below..... will indeed limit your selections to the time period you have set for the mission. Hope that helps. Cheers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=248917&stc=1&d=1601547157

How exactly does that watch icon help? I tried it and all it does is remove planes that weren't in a specific airforce and keep it essentially "Historically accurate". Like for instance, the F-14B would not be available to Iran, or the F/A-18 LOt20 would not be available to Kuwait since those two didn't operate that version of that aircraft.

Is there any other way this works?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]