Trigger Remove Scenery = TREES not working

stormrider

Hi. So far, the Remove Scenery trigger has only been working in SP.

This isn't a Syria map related issue.

I posted here because it is specifically a Syrian map bug for me. It works fine, or at least worked until last update, for the other maps, in particular, the Georgian map.

And, I'm referring specifically to SP mode here.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Why would you want to remove trees ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

I posted here because it is specifically a Syrian map bug for me. It works fine, or at least worked until last update, for the other maps, in particular, the Georgian map.

AFAIK it can only work in SP, for all maps.

I've just tried removing trees from Syria map in SP: it works with latest OB.

Screen-200930-230401.png

Screen-200930-230417.png

Screen-200930-230438.png

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 8 months later...

This issue is still present on the current open beta (DCS 2.7.1.7139 Open Beta).

Example mission attached illustrating this issue.
It would be nice if this currently broken feature could be fixed. Per BN on discord Ugra is aware of the issue, but it seems to have gone by the wayside since the release of Syria nearly a year ago, so it is probably time to give it some attention. I also note this thread is still lacking the "reported" tag as well.

Many thanks.

PatriotSite.miz

• Like 2

My experience with this issue is the trees will work for whatever mission you open first, so if you launch a fresh instance of DCS, load your mission, the trees should be gone.  Then if you load a 2nd mission, it seems to no longer care about updating the trees, unless you restart DCS. 

I'm definitely not 100% sure on this theory, but maybe it'll prove helpful.

17 hours ago, Forest Rat said:

My experience with this issue is the trees will work for whatever mission you open first, so if you launch a fresh instance of DCS, load your mission, the trees should be gone.  Then if you load a 2nd mission, it seems to no longer care about updating the trees, unless you restart DCS. 

No, not the case in my testing. See above mission, trees will remain present even if run as first mission.

18 hours ago, Forest Rat said:

No issues here.

edit:  I should clarify, I often experience issues with the trigger not behaving as it should, but in this instance it worked as expected.

Huh, I'm actually so confused right now. The mission is now working as expected for me, with appropriate removal of trees.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:06 AM, Forest Rat said:

Interestingly enough, I seem to be able to reload mission with no issues, with trees still removed correctly.

I am even able to change the trigger zone, with removal of trees appropriately getting adjusted.
This is a really odd bug, I wonder why it wasn't working earlier. Will do further testing.

• 1 month later...