JG73 Steinhoff

Zeagle

Just looking to see if there are any pilots interested in joining a new squadron focused on mainly German and Russian aircraft, among others.

I'm looking to create a small group of pilots that have similar interests in aircraft and historically themed missions. There will be no ranks or testing. The idea is to get together a small group that has an avid interest in aviation, flight simulation, and history. Together we could fly as a squadron on our own server as well as on others such as Real War by Satarosa.

I want the group to be laid back and not rigidly structured. The idea is to have fun and, of course, blow stuff up.

Our focus aircraft will be the MiG-29 until we get an F-4 or Eurofighter. However, this does not preclude our flying other types. My idea is that the squadron would focus mainly on flying as REDFOR in online events. This could mean flying anything. However, I will be focusing on historical JG-73 types, or at least as close as we can get. I am not opposed to WWII scenarios either. The FW-190 is one of my favorite aircraft.

I have the technology to have our own Discord, DCS server, and YouTube channel. All of these should be operational this weekend. Links will be in my signature when setup is complete.

As for me, I am based in the central US time zone and have been flying DCs since December 2018. I have most of the DCS modules offered as well as all of the terrains. I haven't flown DCS much in the past six months. So I will be training up as we go.

I am skilled in mission creation and already have a few missions pretty much ready to go. Currently I have a training scenario set in Nevada, a joint NATO/Russian scenario in the Black Sea, and a Persian Gulf scenario. I will be avidly working on a Syrian scenario in the future. Moose is used to script elements of some missions. But I prefer to keep the scripting to a minimum in order to insure a smooth running experience. Also, other than tankers and awacs, I prefer all aircraft and vehicles involved in the scenario to exist from the start. I do not like aircraft or vehicles spawning in from nowhere. This way it's possible to disrupt the enemy by pre-emptive strikes. I also like to add weather to my scenarios if possible. Usually I create custom dynamic weather for each mission. Part of any real world mission is the challenge of weather.

If anyone is interested in flying in a semi-realistic manner in a relaxed environment, shoot me a message below or join the Discord server.

Again links will be in the signature when the servers are set up. I should be up and running by sometime this weekend.

Zeagle

My hardware:

MB: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, AMD Ryzen 7 3800, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, M.2 drives

Video: Zotac 1080ti

Requirements:

Headset with voice capability

Head Tracker or VR

SRS (until we get a suitable replacement from ED)

Recommended:

Tacview

Hey Z,

Sorry i went AWOL last few months, this virus has been a bit of a distruption here at home. Randomly saw this post and thinking of flying again actually. Think this is a class idea though not sure about the MIG 29 - never actually even looked at it. I won't be on today but will join you tomrrow on Discord.

Rookie.

Been working on my system today. All appears good now. I will put the server up this evening (central US time) and let it run. My scenarios can usually run for about 24-48 hours.

The idea is to try to train up and fly as REDFOR in online events. Focus aircraft will be the MiG-29 mostly until we get an F-4 or a Eurofighter. The Su25 also has a special place with me. But, I am not opposed to flying anything. I have most modules and enjoy every one. But I would like to try to fly aircraft more appropriate to the real life JG-73 when available. The MB339 would be nice if they can make it a finished module. I don't know if JG73 flew it.

I will be working hard on a new Syria campaign as well as tweaking the existing scenarios for the new squadron idea.

Welcome back Rookie! Hey man the new A-10 is coming out soon as well.

Heya, man, you will fly a the German squad and you don’t know which fighters are flown there, it’s all fictional, but in syria there’s no German strike fighter !

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Heya, what skin do you use? There is a skin of the 73.(by Mapi). Is VJS , nearby real JG.

1310314185_VJS-73skin.thumb.jpg.78d277bb79454961d889acf10f2cefc3.jpg

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Airwolf in case you haven't noticed, DCS does not have all the aircraft in the world, nor do they have all the regions of the world. Accommodations must be made.

And the goal is not to duplicate exactly the real world JG73. Rather it is to fly in the spirit of those who flew in the past.

You can view the squadron as working up for the future Eurofighter. As for now, since we do not have an F-4 or an F-104 or a Eurofighter, the focus aircraft will be the MiG-29.

Great idea and good luck! :thumbup: Unfortunately I have not the time to join.

We (I am a reserve and air crew member of the real world TaktLwG 73 "Steinhoff"/former JG 73 "S" with backseat flight time on the F-4F/MiG-29/EF, check my FB and Insta pages) didn't ever flew the MB339, but actually very often operate as "Red Air".

Check six!

GG2C8j.jpg

Stable or OB?

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

OK, just my luck then. Thank you for the reply.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

We run OB because that's where the latest updates are. I find it to be quite stable at the moment.

Feel free to drop by and join the Discord anyway. And that goes for anyone interested in airplanes with steam gauges, flying as a team, and a relaxed atmosphere.

At the moment we have a training scenario set up on the NTTR map. It has two inert target ranges with targets that regenerate, tankers, awacs, and a full fledged armored battlefield near Tonopah. An IFR version of this scenario is also available.

Along with that we have a Caucasus campaign where Russia and NATO are working together as well as a Persian Gulf scenario.

Here are some screenshots of the IFR training scenario at Nellis

Screen_200929_181144.thumb.png.231c4913f4e03a37b38c46e40b4af51c.png

Screen_200929_181410.thumb.png.9ad8623b333f499b1f64b6c790cd46c3.png

Screen_200929_181831.thumb.png.c2f5233349f477ad7e1b27790bda412b.png

Edited by Zeagle

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined, seems Stable and OB are in sync again so possible to fly on your server atleast for a little while.