F-104?

bkthunder

So guys, let's address the elephant in the room ;)

You are a talented dev team made up of (mostly, or only) italians.

Italy has been the country that operated the F-104 with the most success and for the longest time, and even developed 2 new variants (F-104S, F-104 ASA and ASA/M).

2+2.... :joystick:

• Like 4

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Realistically after the MB339 they will do the G91, as FTV have already shown it's a work in progress. Afterwards the 104 makes perfect sense, since it pretty much defined the AMI from the 60s all the way to 2004. Whether they go with the G or S (or both a-la HB with the Tomcat?) I don't care, it would be an insta buy for me.

• Like 2

So guys, let's address the elephant in the room ;)

You are a talented dev team made up of (mostly, or only) italians.

Italy has been the country that operated the F-104 with the most success and for the longest time, and even developed 2 new variants (F-104S, F-104 ASA and ASA/M).

2+2.... :joystick:

the italians used the F-104G aswell, before uprading to the F-104S.

I take any F-104, but I would love to see a F-104G, because more countires used them. For me the F-104 is the sexiest jet by far

I'll add, I wouldn't want an ASAM because a) it had all a2g capability removed and b) by the time it was around (mid to late 90s), it honestly was an outdated jet. If we get an -S, I'd like either an early one, or an ASA, which retained a2g roles but also had AIM-9Ls, look down/shoot down radar, and the Selenia Aspide (more or less an AIM-7F), and a couple other less important goodies.

2703f63479c065bee2d69f1ac6f39ded.jpg

f104s-3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did the creators not just do a video that among other things flat out stated there were ZERO plans for the 100 series? Ask again in another month, maybe just maybe its getting close!

A million to one, so your saying there’s still a chance.....

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Did the creators not just do a video that among other things flat out stated there were ZERO plans for the 100 series? Ask again in another month, maybe just maybe its getting close!

A million to one, so your saying there’s still a chance.....

No, ED said a) they don't plan on doing one themselves and b) if one were to come it would likely be from a 3rd party.

I'd take a Starfighter from these guys any day dealwithit.png

Please sign a contract with ED before some other team with a lot on their plate already does icon_redface.gif

I strongly doubt that "some other team with a lot on their plate" has signed contracts for more than a couple modules :P

Id definitely buy the 104. Probably wouldn't fly it that much, but yeah, immediate buy.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The F-104 from IndiaFoxtEcho and the new team members from the Frecce Tricolori Virtuali is an instant buy for me.

I will even buy as Pre-Order or Early-Early Access - lol.

The heritage of that plane from Italy and Canada is too much for most aviation enthusiasts to ignore.

I even re-watched "The Right Stuff (1983)" to see "Chuck Yeager" in all those fantastic F-104 scenes!

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I really hope it's so, because I'd really, really like to see the AMX done by IFE, especially the ACOL.

Yeah same, I've always had a soft spot for the AMX. If it helps, at some point they announced an A-7 (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180652), and that isn't even on their roadmap plus Flying Iron is doing it instead - so there's definitely a precedent.

IFE (or well, FTV) have also said in the MB-339 thread that they would like to do an AMX, so one can dream :)

A modernised Italian F-104 would be a day one purchase for me. I'm not counting on one being made within the next few years, but it would make sense for IFE to be its developer.

Good luck IFE, looking forward to Italian aircraft in DCS!

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

This has been my dream plane for the last 45 years.

I'd pounce on it.

Back when we played J.D. Webster's boardgame Air Superiority /Air Strike, my friend and I intended to have an issue-solving matchup between the F-4 and the F-104. Never got to it...

• Like 1

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

Yeah same, I've always had a soft spot for the AMX. If it helps, at some point they announced an A-7 (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180652), and that isn't even on their roadmap plus Flying Iron is doing it instead - so there's definitely a precedent.

IFE (or well, FTV) have also said in the MB-339 thread that they would like to do an AMX, so one can dream :)

That's good to know, let's cross our fingers and start dreaming! :smilewink:

Oh idk RazzleBazzle already nabbed the F-100...so you never know!

Who's RazzleBazzle? Also the only F-100 that was being made for DCS was way back in like 2013 and got canned ages ago

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

It would fit perfectly with Mig 19/Mig 21 and A4s...some really nice "dogfighting" (playing your plane to it's strenghts) with AIM-9J/Ls....would be such a blast...if you have a GCI in that mission that would really be something...

Damn, I really want them to make that Module :-)

• Like 1

:joystick:

This must be a joke, italy was a 35% of f-104 losses, probably the worst of all users. they got 360 with 127 lossed

Germany lossed 292 of 916 a 31%...

The F-104 would be great to intercept a group of Bears (Tu-95) at high altitude. It was quite a widowmaker for the German and Italian pilots, but only because we forced an interceptor into the air-to-ground role. Would be an instant buy for me, too.

• Like 2

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack