Distance to Target not shown anymore when Lasing

TheFlyGuy

I don't get it: Suddenly I can't laser Targets anymore. In the Aiming Sight on the TV Screen there is only the word "dist" instead of the Distance to the Target when I press the Lasing Button. Of course the Cover of the Laser Button is in the upper Position, but I can't get rid of the "dist" Message. What am I missing? Nevertheleass I hit far away Targets with my Missiles, but the Distance to the Target isn't shown after pressing the Lasing Button.

We regret the RWR and camera symbology have been bugged this update. We found out too late in the patch cycle to fix this before the release of the update. The bugs stem from updates of the DCS core engine code and it is up to us to figure out exactly what has changed and how to fix this. We hope to release a hotfix as soon as possible.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We regret the RWR and camera symbology have been bugged this update. We found out too late in the patch cycle to fix this before the release of the update. The bugs stem from updates of the DCS core engine code and it is up to us to figure out exactly what has changed and how to fix this. We hope to release a hotfix as soon as possible.

Nice to hear. :thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

This is quite shocking to see how little consideration ED have for their 3rd parties. Sure they can change the core code for DCS when they want, but the least they can do is to give a head start to them so the patch doesn't end up braking the module. It is damaging to the company in terms of image and additional working hours/$$$ to fix it. Isn't there a liability clause somewhere in the contract between ED and a 3rd party?

This is quite shocking to see how little consideration ED have for their 3rd parties. Sure they can change the core code for DCS when they want, but the least they can do is to give a head start to them so the patch doesn't end up braking the module. It is damaging to the company in terms of image and additional working hours/$$$ to fix it. Isn't there a liability clause somewhere in the contract between ED and a 3rd party?

+1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

It's ridiculous that ED behave in this way - but they are obviously making their decisions according to which modules they sell a lot of - and which sections of the online community are the screechiest.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Gazelle symbology bugs have been resolved internally. That means the fix for the RWR and TV screen read outs (laser range finder, camera deviation and heading) will be in the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience, it took us by surprise as well. We took this as an opportunity to streamline communication between ED and Polychop to prevent such things from happening in the future. While no guarantees can be given that nothing will ever unexpectedly break again, we feel we've made some serious progress in establishing more efficient and direct lines of communication. ED has been of great help and assistance in solving the issue and we thank everyone involved for that.

When it comes to the Kiowa Warrior, the same methods that have solved the symbology issues on the Gazelle will have to be applied. Due to the sheer amount of on screen data and symbology displayed on the MFD's and radio panel, implementing the fix will take up to a few days after which the normal development process will resume.

Edited by Polychop Simulations
  • Like 1

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't get it: Suddenly I can't laser Targets anymore. In the Aiming Sight on the TV Screen there is only the word "dist" instead of the Distance to the Target when I press the Lasing Button. Of course the Cover of the Laser Button is in the upper Position, but I can't get rid of the "dist" Message. What am I missing? Nevertheleass I hit far away Targets with my Missiles, but the Distance to the Target isn't shown after pressing the Lasing Button.

the pb is not resolved with the update of today !!

Any reason ED didn't include it in this hotfix? If PC fixed it, it meets all requirements for a hotfix in my book. Even the A-10C II got fixes.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I don't want to go in to the way things work behind the scenes as that is covered by an NDA. But what you have to understand is that there are many phases before a patch release. At some point submissions for an upcoming patch have to be closed down so everything can be compiled, tested and made ready for release. For planned patch releases these timeframes and deadlines are clear. For hotfixes not so much, they are pretty much ad-hoc and you're either lucky you make the deadline or you miss it, they are simply not planned. When we talk about patches, you can pretty much assume we mean the regularly planned patches for Open Beta, I can imagine that wasn't very clear before.

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't want to go in to the way things work behind the scenes as that is covered by an NDA. But what you have to understand is that there are many phases before a patch release. At some point submissions for an upcoming patch have to be closed down so everything can be compiled, tested and made ready for release. For planned patch releases these timeframes and deadlines are clear. For hotfixes not so much, they are pretty much ad-hoc and you're either lucky you make the deadline or you miss it, they are simply not planned. When we talk about patches, you can pretty much assume we mean the regularly planned patches for Open Beta, I can imagine that wasn't very clear before.
Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The fix doesn't seem to be in the 7 October 2020 open beta update notes either. I fired up the Gazelle again today and wasted 15 minutes trying to troubleshoot the laser issue. Finally aborted my mission and came to check the forums - laser broken...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...