Syrian Map Discussion - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 PM   #131
Art-J
Veteran

I guess he meant the only one major retexturing and bugfixing update we got last summer, while the few previous other, small ones, didn't improve the map all that much really (or even made some things worse, like the infamous stones scattered all over the airbases at some point).

The recently advertized Normandy overhaul sounds promising, but these are just words, not to be taken at face value. How many customers are going to wait to see what Ugra can deliver now for Normandy before purchasing Syria remains to be seen.

Last edited by Art-J; 09-06-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #132
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
I guess he meant the only one major retexturing and bugfixing update we got last summer, while the few previous other, small ones, didn't improve the map all that much really (or even made some things worse, like the infamous stones scattered all over the airbases at some point).
AFAIK, bases were in the end more than expected, not to mention updated several times. We got the "British bases", unforeseen at first. They included Jersey islands, out of the scope of detailed map. We got railways and trains, unforeseen. That just from my memory, but there was a lot more for sure. And then, what you call the only major retexturing and bugfixing. That's not "one and only update" IMO, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
The recently advertized Normandy overhaul sounds promising, but these are just words, not to be taken at face value. How many customers are going to wait to see what Ugra can deliver now for Normandy before purchasing Syria remains to be seen.

You all seem to forgot all the time what Normandy map means. Remember, the Normandy map was promised by Luthier in the infamous kickstarter, and taken over by ED to honour a promise done by others who took the money. The originally promised map was meant to be much smaller than what we have now, that means ED paid a third party to do so in a bigger and better way that was meant to be, just to honour the kickstarter, so that means many out there didn't pay for the map and assets because they already did pledge to KS. And not only they got what they pledged for, they got a better thing that was promised as originally planed by Luthier the map was ridiculous and unplayable. All of that came from ED pockets mate, and you doubt now about "their word" .

Don't get me wrong, it is not like I don't know the map could be bigger and better, and it is not I wouldn't like it to be bigger and better, but I remember mate, I remember what we have and WHY we have it, and how we could have nothing now.

S!
Old 09-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #133
Gierasimov

Lightbulb We kind of did

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBird View Post
When are we going to get some ACTUAL information from either ED or the 3rd party dev on this map?
So, both Wags (recent YT video comment) and Chizh (Russian section) hinted about the Syria map a little bit.

Both seemed to agree that releasing this map is basically fully up to the third party, in this case, Ugra Media.

Since Ugra Media has not engaged with us here, neither they have updated their website for quite some time I think they could be either at a final stretch for an imminent release (therefore lack of time for communication) or the opposite and we will not see Syria map this year.
Gierasimov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #134
fargo007

Gierasimov - based on the photos we've seen, I'd lean toward it being closer to release than further away.

Let's call it 99% guess. ;-)

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?
Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.
fargo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #135
Gierasimov

Did you mean photos on the official website and here in the forums or do you have any other insight into this project?

I like what was shown to us but it is just a small portion of what needs to be there. So the actual status of the entire map is a great unknown.

I wish somebody from Yugra-Media talked to us here, or at least in the Russian section if a language barrier is a thing.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #136
ebabil

Normally i was waiting for f-16 academic videos would be taken in this map. But i saw that they were taken in nevada map. maybe something is wrong with it..

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #137
Gierasimov

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabil View Post
Normally i was waiting for f-16 academic videos would be taken in this map. But i saw that they were taken in nevada map. maybe something is wrong with it..
My thoughts as well.

Wags said it is his favourite map to fly in, so it could be happening soon, but on the other hand, lack of comms is giving us reasons to discuss various outcomes.

Maybe some news tomorrow, let's see.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:09 AM   #138
Surrexen

Do we have a list of all airbases that will be in this map yet? I know a few have been listed but it would be nice to have a complete list to help with some planning.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:51 AM   #139
AeriaGloria

Nope just the pictures
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #140
WHOGX5

It'd be amazing if we managed to get both Ramat David, Akrotiri and Incirlik. Would open up for a lot of scenarios.
-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:
  • F-16C-40/42 Fighting Falcon
  • HH-60G Pave Hawk
  • B-1B Lancer
  • EA-6B Prowler
  • SEPECAT Jaguar GR3A
  • OV-10D/D+ Bronco
  • C-2 Greyhound/E-2 Hawkeye
  • RA-5C Vigilante
WHOGX5 is offline   Reply With Quote