Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 98 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #971
Tippis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
I'm still around. I've just been working a large amount of overtime in my RL job the last few months so I haven't had the energy to focus on anything else.

Keeping up with all of the changes implemented with every beta version of DCS is a bit of a challenge, so I am waiting until it stabilizes more before working on fixing some of the KBB bugs.

Deleting the folder “CaucasusBase” from “…\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains" should allow KBB to work with 2.5 in most cases.
Speaking of which, and to touch on an issue that will probably increase in relevance as more terrains are being rolled out, but do you know if there is (or if there are plans for) any system in the game where different terrains can be given different custom kneeboards using the <USER>\Saved Games\DCS\KNEEBOARD structure?

Right now, it only seems possible to tie kneeboards to specific terrains by using a mod manager to dump those files directly in the appropriate mod/terrain directory, and I'm thinking that at some point, ED will have to offer a facility to do that using terrain directories similar to the aircraft subdirectories that everyone commonly uses. I suppose that in the meantime, this could be modded in by directly replacing the init.lua, but that still entails the whole modding song and dance, rather than built-in (but limited) automation that the existing kneeboard code offers.
Tippis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:23 AM   #972
rephiled

Is there a way to move the kneeboard in DCS as is kind of blocks a lot of the screen
rephiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:31 AM   #973
NeilWillis
Veteran

Using kneeboard builder, yes, there is. In the options, you can re-size and move the kneeboard and do so for individual aircraft too.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #974
rephiled

Ya I should have said i did as the instruction say and resized and repostioned it yet when I am in a DCS its back in the same place
Old 03-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #975
Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rephiled View Post
Ya I should have said i did as the instruction say and resized and repostioned it yet when I am in a DCS its back in the same place
Administrator?

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 4.9GHz OC'd, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC'd, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 (64-bit)
Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis &
OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.
JUST CHOPPERS

Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #976
Fakum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rephiled View Post
Hope you have better luck than me! Somewhere in this thread I never resolved that problem. It would be interesting to see if you do? Alaskan has done a fine job in trying to keep this working through all the DCS changes,,, hopefully you get your issue resolved.
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers / Primary Monitor =30” HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 / Secondary Monitor = Acer 23" Touch Screen for Helios / TrackIR4 / Cougar HOTAS w/Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
Fakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #977
rephiled

yes I run as administrator
Old 03-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #978
Gunnergolly

Just installed this app and seems to be working ok as the kneeboard is the correct size and positioned where i want it to be in the top left corner.

However it's not working for the MIG-21 and Viggen as the kneeboard is stretched across both of my screens which are positioned on top of each other.

Is there a fix for the MIG and Viggen if you have a dual screen setup ?.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #979
flyco

Having had problems with KB crashing on starting it, I did some probing and found that it appears to be looking for a non-existent Flaming Cliffs file. Hence I deleted my data for the F-15C that I had set up in KB and it then worked fine again.

I hope this may help some others who are missing this extremely useful mod.
flyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:55 PM   #980
||CaptHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyco View Post
Having had problems with KB crashing on starting it, I did some probing and found that it appears to be looking for a non-existent Flaming Cliffs file. Hence I deleted my data for the F-15C that I had set up in KB and it then worked fine again.

I hope this may help some others who are missing this extremely useful mod.
Mines not crashing but get an error message in regards to the non existent Flaming Cliffs folder. So what exactly are you deleting in the F15C folder? The KB created file?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates"
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Intel Core i7 3770K @4.2 | Asus P8Z77-V Pro Thunderbolt | 32GB Patriot Limited Addition DDR3 1600MHz Ram | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x24" widescreen|Saitek x52 Pro|
||CaptHawk is offline   Reply With Quote