Newest EDM Model Tools

What the German language the issue?

I am pretty sure it was. I now borrowed the Laptop of a colleaque and opend the file there. 3DS showed an error message about a texture.

I then did the same steps as with my version and this time it worked without any problem.

After the collisionbox-thing worked well I now tried to create a model for the destroyed building.

I made a second model with a new texture, copied the file "thecube_des.EDM" also in the Structures/High/EDM folder and added

desrt = "thecube_des";
in the StructTable.sht . (The model is visible in the modelviewer) But now it is not shown in DCS. Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Zach can you make next ModelViewers with turn on/off option for the 3 axes ? ? ?(red/green/blue)

should be useful in some cases :idea:

TY

I will check what it takes. To clarify, you want a way to rotate the model on the X Y or Z axis only? In exact same way that in 3ds max you can click on the axis orb line and it will only rotate along that one specified axis?

you can use ftp1 ftp2 or ftp3. I will edit the first post

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

I think he wants to turn off the visual red/blue/green axis gizmo in Modelviewer. Not sure why.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I think he wants to turn off the visual red/blue/green axis gizmo in Modelviewer. Not sure why.

As in just hide the gizmo? Not lock rotation to one axis?

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Ah, I guess I misunderstood. Lock rotation sounds right.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Yeah im not thick at all fellas. I did change the 1 to a 2 and that did not work. I tried again today and still no luck, but now the link with 1 works for me, but not 2. So it was not really stupidity on my part (seriously!!) just a matter of the links not working at said time, nor the day before.

• 2 weeks later...
As in just hide the gizmo? Not lock rotation to one axis?

sorry but i did not know what this word: gizmo means, but if it means 3 axes (arrows) of coordinates then yes: please hide that gizmo (make visible/invisible by check box) - lock rotation is not needed

thank you :thumbup:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I'm getting this error while trying to export my model.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVChannel_1..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: FOB-1. File: .build\x86\vc100.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2010\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:501.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

i have problem - been a while - with the size (no adjust) of animation player dialog window and there are no top/bottom/front/back/left/right view sets under object/cockpit views :(

Where would are these buttons normally?

I'm getting this error while trying to export my model.

What version of plugins? Looks like a texture mapping error on first glance. Do you have anything special and complicated in the material editor for that piece? It is complaining about mesh FOB-1. Try applying a generic material to that piece

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Where would are these buttons normally?

top/bottom/front/back/left/right view - under object/cockpit views

i can control the window size of Folder Browser, Connectors, Liveries - light blue border/frame of these windows is wide

but no control (no adjust) on animation Player dialog window and LOD Settings window sizes - these got narrow light blue border/frame of windows

LOD Settings window size is ok but no size control

Player window size is wrong and no size control too :(

87m2.jpg

sign-pic4.jpg

Ah. I have an older version that does not have that : ) Let me download the newest and check.

top/bottom/front/back/left/right view - under object/cockpit views

i can control the window size of Folder Browser, Connectors, Liveries - light blue border/frame of these windows is wide

but no control (no adjust) on animation Player dialog window and LOD Settings window sizes - these got narrow light blue border/frame of windows

LOD Settings window size is ok but no size control

Player window size is wrong and no size control too :(

87m2.jpg

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

• 2 weeks later...

What version of plugins? Looks like a texture mapping error on first glance. Do you have anything special and complicated in the material editor for that piece? It is complaining about mesh FOB-1. Try applying a generic material to that piece

it was I believe version 73866 in max 2010*

Played around and it worked..

How would one go about putting a static object in game... hint in the name of the file

You could point me in the direction of a certain lua file to look at..

*the latest one [as of 02 Jul] gives an error of a dll file and MSVCR100. But I have just reinstalled windows 7.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

it was I believe version 73866 in max 2010*

Played around and it worked..

How would one go about putting a static object in game... hint in the name of the file

You could point me in the direction of a certain lua file to look at..

*the latest one [as of 02 Jul] gives an error of a dll file and MSVCR100. But I have just reinstalled windows 7.

Download C++ 2010 redistributable package. It is not included in a fresh Windows 7 install.

From the Model Viewer FAQ:

8 ) Help! I get an error MSVCR100.dll being missing.

A) Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) package: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=14632

As for adding new static objects, I am going off memory here. All new stuff should be using the MODS folder instead of modifying the core files. You would need a few .lua file to declare all attributes of the object. (type, country, name, burntime, edm location, texture location, etc). The sim will pull data from that file to make it all work. There might be an example floating around, if not let me know and I will find some time to draft a tutorial up.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ: