Give some love to the A-10....

ac5

It would certainly suck for people like myself, who got DCS with the A-10C only just now, but it wouldn't be too bad.

That being said, I'm working on something you guys will probably like. I've got the original models and textures from DCS imported into Substance Designer and am giving them the PBR treatment.

Here is a small before/after:

a10-beforeamkct.png

a10-wipapkhl.png

No, it's not done yet and I don't know when it'll be ready. It's very much something I just mess with every now & then when I have some time to kill. And yes, I'm looking into reworking the cockpit, too. (And I think I'll make the cockpit a higher priority, because that's what you spend most of your time looking at.)

If you're interested, I'm not creating new textures from scratch, but using SD to generate PBR maps with the information from the old texture maps. It gives you a great deal of control and is certainly more intuitive than using Photoshop or similar software for that purpose. However, you don't higher resolution or new details that weren't there before. All you get is a nicer and less uniform lighting response of the surfaces.

Could make a tutorial, if there's interest and there are SD users here.

Anybody actually managed to read the first page? :smartass:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3729673&postcount=3

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Considering the progress that has been made visually, the KA50 and A-10C still hold up very well. An update would be awesome and much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Considering the progress that has been made visually, the KA50 and A-10C still hold up very well. An update would be awesome and much appreciated.
They already work on it! Was mentioned by Wags himself in post 3 of this very thread...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It would certainly suck for people like myself, who got DCS with the A-10C only just now, but it wouldn't be too bad.

That being said, I'm working on something you guys will probably like. I've got the original models and textures from DCS imported into Substance Designer and am giving them the PBR treatment.

Euhm...... SniperFan, What are you doing exactly with Substance Designer and the A-10C?

I know something about SD, but I don't understand what and why you wanna rework the A-10C.

Soon, we have the A10C re-done by ED. AND THAT'S SUPER COOL.

Especially a complete re-build of the cockpit geometry and textures.

Once again, what's the point of what you're doing?

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

Great seeing some info on this! Thanks for taking the time!
Actually the info that they will "give the A-10C some love" was in post number 3, already.

It just seems people read only headlines, before jumping the gun... :D

Shagrat

The point of what was doing is that this post was posted just after I posted my post here. I heard that the A-10 would get a makeover, but I didn't know it was that high up their priorities list, so I figured I may as well use SD to do it myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That being said: Awesome! Can't wait!

Ow... ok.. IC :music_whistling::thumbup:

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

Actually the info that they will "give the A-10C some love" was in post number 3, already.

It just seems people read only headlines, before jumping the gun... :D

Actually, news that updates are coming are older than that reply. I’m just happy to see some progress.