Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

1 hour ago, clanitho said:

Which software is this ?

Goodreader:

https://www.goodreader.com/

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Charly_Owl changed the title to Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Hi folks!

The F-86F Sabre guide got a brand new remaster. It was one of these "legacy" guides that was gathering a lot of dust and that wasn't up to snuff with the current library. Therefore, I standardized the formatting, cleaned up a few sections and significantly expanded some sections like the one for the Powerplant and Fuel Systems. I added an intro, added a proper profile for control bindings, expanded the cockpit description, added a few pretty pictures, added better explanations for the A-4 gunsight and most important of all... I feel better having done this. The page count went from 91 to 150+ pages.

The MiG-15bis guide also had a similar treatment I also added in bonus a bunch of missing items such as the engine air start procedure, fire extinguisher system... I'll spare you the details, you can look it up and see for yourself. I do hope that one day, we get a bigger era-appropriate playground to fly these birds in. Korean War theater when? Oh, and... the page count went from 91 to 140+ pages.

But wait... there's more! Here are a few other guides that got updated during the holidays.

• AH-64D Apache: First revision pass to fix typos, errors and inaccuracies.
  • Spitfire Mk IX: Added beer kegs (because... beer?)
  • I-16 Ishak: Updated cockpit
  • F-5E3 Tiger II: Added some missing bombing profiles.
  • JF-17 Thunder: Added configuration panel (new ground crew interface).
  • AV-8B Harrier: Added new logic for QA (Quick Access) Menu when changing between steerpoint types
  • Mirage 2000C: Added information on radar emission channels and fixed some inaccuracies
  • F/A-18C Hornet: Added ADM-141A TALDs (Tactical Air Launched Decoys), removed Snowplow mode from ATFLIR pod, fixed a few errors
  • DH.98 Mosquito: Added low level bombing and delayed fuzes.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 15

Nice Works Chuck, thank you!

(If I may) have you chosen what the next guide will be?

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

1 hour ago, Charly_Owl said:

The F-86F Sabre guide got a brand new remaster.... The MiG-15bis guide also had a similar treatment ... 

But wait... there's more! Here are a few other guides that got updated during the holidays.

AH-64D Apache ... Spitfire Mk IX ... I-16 Ishak ... F-5E3 Tiger II ... JF-17 Thunder .... AV-8B Harrier .... Mirage 2000C ... F/A-18C Hornet ... DH.98 Mosquito.

Amazing ... you truly are a machine 🤩   ... thank you so much  🙏

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, giullep said:

nothing for our f-16?

really? ... the guy just updated 11 guides and you can only think of the glass half full? 🙄

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

really? ... the guy just updated 11 guides and you can only think of the glass half full? 🙄

I'm pretty sure @giullep was only "asking", not "complaining" 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

1 hour ago, LordOrion said:

I'm pretty sure @giullep was only "asking", not "complaining" 😉

I didn't said that he was complaining .. I was just amazed that instead of enjoy what has been given, he prefers to ask for something else. 🤔

• Like 2

16 hours ago, giullep said:

Nothing for our f-16?

As of now, my priorities in order of importance are:

1. Complete the Mi-24P update 
  2. Add Black Shark III features and give the Ka-50 guide some much needed love
  3. Perform the Viper update

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

17 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

Hi folks!

The F-86F Sabre guide got a brand new remaster. It was one of these "legacy" guides that was gathering a lot of dust and that wasn't up to snuff with the current library. Therefore, I standardized the formatting, cleaned up a few sections and significantly expanded some sections like the one for the Powerplant and Fuel Systems. I added an intro, added a proper profile for control bindings, expanded the cockpit description, added a few pretty pictures, added better explanations for the A-4 gunsight and most important of all... I feel better having done this. The page count went from 91 to 150+ pages.

The MiG-15bis guide also had a similar treatment I also added in bonus a bunch of missing items such as the engine air start procedure, fire extinguisher system... I'll spare you the details, you can look it up and see for yourself. I do hope that one day, we get a bigger era-appropriate playground to fly these birds in. Korean War theater when? Oh, and... the page count went from 91 to 140+ pages.

• AH-64D Apache: First revision pass to fix typos, errors and inaccuracies.
  • Spitfire Mk IX: Added beer kegs (because... beer?)
  • I-16 Ishak: Updated cockpit
  • F-5E3 Tiger II: Added some missing bombing profiles.
  • JF-17 Thunder: Added configuration panel (new ground crew interface).
  • AV-8B Harrier: Added new logic for QA (Quick Access) Menu when changing between steerpoint types
  • Mirage 2000C: Added information on radar emission channels and fixed some inaccuracies
  • F/A-18C Hornet: Added ADM-141A TALDs (Tactical Air Launched Decoys), removed Snowplow mode from ATFLIR pod, fixed a few errors
  • DH.98 Mosquito: Added low level bombing and delayed fuzes.

Incredible. Thank you!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Hi folks,

The Hind module was given a few new features in the last months, so I thought it was about time to include them in the guide. See first post of this thread for a direct link to the website library.

Changelog (10/01/2023):

• Added R-60M Aphid IR Missile
  • Added aft gunner tutorial
  • Updated 9M120 Ataka Missile air-to-air operation procedure
  • Updated Petrovich AI with latest standard
  • Updated Special Options
  • Updated Controls
  • Updated Magnetic Declination Setup procedure with Compass Rose
  • Added Anti-Torque pedal microswitch notes
  • Added NVGs (Night Vision Goggles)
  • Added loadout compatibility matrices
  • Added notes about power effects with use of dust protection system and anti-ice system
  • Updated Weapon Section structure to be more intuitive
  • Corrected typos and mistakes

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Hi folks,

With the Black Shark III expansion, I thought it would be a good idea to improve a few lacking sections on top of adding the new features implemented by Eagle Dynamics. So there it is. The page count increased from 200+ to 420+... happy reading!

Changelog (18/01/2023)

• Updated Start-Up procedure
  • Added INU drift section and navigation fix procedures (Overfly and Shkval methods)
  • Added Igla air-to-air missiles
  • Added ODS (Onboard Defense System) section
  • Added MWS (Missile Warning System) logic
  • Added a proper Powerplant & Ancillaries section
  • Re-wrote Sensors section
  • Re-wrote Weapons section
  • Improved Cockpit & Equipment section
  • Improved Datalink section
  • Added EKRAN information
  • Improved information on takeoff and taxi
  • Typo and errors fixes across the whole document

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11

17 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

Hi folks,

With the Black Shark III expansion, I thought it would be a good idea to improve a few lacking sections on top of adding the new features implemented by Eagle Dynamics. So there it is. The page count increased from 200+ to 420+... happy reading!

Changelog (18/01/2023)

• Added INU drift section and navigation fix procedures (Overfly and Shkval methods)

Great Job, as usual!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

28 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

Hi folks,

Changelog (18/01/2023)

Merci beaucoup 👍🇫🇷

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

41 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

So there it is. The page count increased from 200+ to 420+... happy reading!

thanks a lot chuck, I’m currently still dedicated to the Mirage f1, but after it I will re-learn the BS, as I want to port the Vergeev Group campaign  for use with the BS3

4 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

@Rudel_chwI can't wait to start working on the Mirage F1 once I'm done with the Viper update.

Good to know!

I hope the Mb-339 will come next... 😝

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Although I am fully depended on this guides to get airborne in any aircraft, I honestly think, you should take a vacation break or slow down a bit. Seriously, the amount of content updates on old guides since the Apache guide release is overwhelming. I am worried you might get burned out at some point and l can't have that happen, since I am totally depended on you work as I mentioned. 😅 Be assured as one of your patreons, I haven't stopped support during the months of making the Apache guide and won't in the future. 👍

• Like 6

Hi folks,

After months of leaving the F-16C Viper guide gathering dust, I have now included the new updates implemented by Eagle Dynamics over the last year or so. This update is a very important milestone since it is the very last item on my backlog before starting to work on "new" guides. The page count increased from 730+ to 780+... happy reading!

Changelog (1/02/2023)

• Updated HMCS Bore Logic
  • Added IFF NCTR (Non-Cooperative Target Recognition)
  • Added Spotlight Scan Radar Mode
  • Added ACAL (Navigation Altitude Calibration) section
  • Added Navigation Fix section
  • Added HSD (Horizontal Situation Display) and HAD (HARM Attack Display) EXPAND functions
  • Updated CRUISE page section
  • Added Destination Page section
  • Added Offset Aimpoint (OAP) description and procedures
  • Updated Maverick missile controls (Cursor Enable DEPRESSED cycles between Visual, Pre-Planned and Boresight Modes)
  • Added PDLT (Primary Datalink Track)
  • Added Datalink Steerpoint, Markpoint, SPI (Sensor Point of Interest) and HTS Pod Radar Emitter sharing procedures
  • Updated RWR (Radar Warning Receiver) section
  • Updated Air-to-Air Refueling Section
  • Corrected typos and errors across the whole document

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 10