TDC slew question.

Harlikwin

Is the tdc slew button on the warthog hotas mapped to anything by default. Ive got it setup as vr zoom since the mini stick doesnt work in other planes, but im wondering if im overriding something important in the actal a10c?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm having some difficulties trying to figure out what exactly you mean, so I'll try to take it step-by-step.

Is the tdc slew button on the warthog hotas mapped to anything by default.

The push button of the Slew Cursor does not have a default mapping in the A-10C, as far as I'm aware.

Ive got it setup as vr zoom since the mini stick doesnt work in other planes, ...

The slew cursor does work in other planes, just like the push button. It just needs to be assigned.

The slew cursor on the TM Warthog is fairly crappy, and it usually works much better with some axis tuning, like a larger deadzone, less saturation and possibly a curve on top (all of that is pre-configured for the A-10C).

Or, and I can't recommend this enough, a replacement cursor like the one from DeltaSimElectronics.

... but im wondering if im overriding something important in the actal a10c?

With the Slew Cursor push button, no. The axes of the Slew Cursor are an integral part of the A-10C's HOTAS concept and they absolutely should be properly mapped on the TM Warthog, which they are by default in the DCS A-10C.

Thanks. The first answer is what i needed to know. And afaik the TM warthog throttle axis slew stick doesnt work well with several other planes (harrier, hornet) which is why i mapped my vr zoom button to its depress position. And yes much axis smoothing is already mapped.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Also is there a way to designate the hud slew point to the tpod point? I can do it the other way with the china hat back.

You have to set your hud slew point as SPI with TMS up long, then go to the TGP and china forward long.

For the slew, I set somes curves and a small dead zone. Working perfectly.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

And again the Ministick does work with other planes, well... as well as it works for the A-10 anyway... But like Yurgon said you have to assign the axis and tune them. And yes when the hornet first came out it had no axis function for the TDC (can't say for the harrier as I only recently got it) but it's been added quite a few patches (months) ago.