Greatest interview with ED 7/31

Devil 505

For those who don't have the time to go though the whole thing, the probably most important "nuggets":

attachment.php?attachmentid=243963&stc=1&d=1596339591

I might type this out later on so it's easier to read, initially I just took notes for myself, but I thought I could just share them icon_exclaim.gif

Notes_200801_204223_23a_1.thumb.jpg.ac551c08bed0aa0384843252200c3f38.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Oh, that's great, thanx :)

Btw, the main reason why I dislike the term video game in this context is, because IMO it's simply inappropriate and impolite to start the interview with an insult towards the developer.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

For those who don't have the time to go though the whole thing, the probably most important "nuggets":

attachment.php?attachmentid=243963&stc=1&d=1596339591

I might type this out later on so it's easier to read, initially I just took notes for myself, but I thought I could just share them icon_exclaim.gif

Nice, thanks.

Btw, what is "earth leg" ??

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

What about new sim engine? No any word about Vulcan or DX12 maybe? No this important question here.

So they canceled this idea?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Question 43 (min. 1.19.30): Yes!!!, do that video with all the key points to improve VR performance.

(Specially with Reverb and Rift-S users in mind).

Many people are struggling with that and Simon says he is getting a "fantastic" VR experience, so: people are missing somewhere.

Please: do that VR guide and make it so much "future proof" as you can.

VR is the future: They allready knew that!. (I knew they were aware of that).

What about new sim engine? No any word about Vulcan or DX12 maybe? No this important question here.

So they canceled this idea?

They kinda poo-pooed the idea that there was any real underlying engine problem at all. Interviewee says frame rates even in VR butter smooth and never has heard a complaint, Cap seems to deny any knowledge of VR at all. Apparently neither has spent any time in the forum. I have honestly tried, follow all the optimization threads. Doing ok at 30-45 but really? Certainly not butter smooth or even close. Makes me a tad uncomfortable but does explain why they are eager to jump on the “next nee wiz bang” threads but never seem to follow up on the “whats with the memory leak, or stutter” threads.

Again, love the sim but wanting more!!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I've stopped listening to the interview when the Grim Reapers guy said right at the beginning that until 5-6 years ago DCS was only a video game.....

Depending upon what jets you fly in DCSW, it still is a game.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Yeah I'm lost as to why FFB went away. I've had it in racing wheels, but never a joystick. With the price of high end sticks, and the community willing to pay for them I don't see why someone doesn't make them.
Immersion Corp. had/has(?) the patent, and was greedy. Just Google it. Hopefully the patent is soon to be expired, or already is, so let's prey that we'll see more FFB. Just got an old MS FFB stick. Fantastic! It really shines in the free MB-339 module.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I really don't get the negativity!

My girlfriend wanted to be my RIO, but then decided to learn to fly. This hobby is getting way expensive!

That said, she loves Jonathan's humor. Watching a GR video gives me happy endings all the time!

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I've stopped listening to the interview when the Grim Reapers guy said right at the beginning that until 5-6 years ago DCS was only a video game.....

It was, is, and always shall be a video game. That's an indisputable fact. ''SHIMULATORSH'' or not, they're STILL GAMES.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Earth legs: Walking around. Just altered the term space legs that's around for a while in space sims twilightsmile.png
Lol nice one. I don't mind ED make somekind of FPS module like ARMA. I probably would enjoy it.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I am glad that, f-4e is coming, engine overhaul, apache is coming shortly

I am sad that there wont be transport or awacs planes.

But what does "no napalm planned " mean? It is in the planned weapons list of hornet for a long time?

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Depending upon what jets you fly in DCSW, it still is a game.

As soon as you use radar either in your plane, or use a missile that uses radar.

Or that you (want to) use EC©M or just fly straight through air without any jutter and motion whatsoever you know it's a game and not a sim.

Some older era parts, especially the WWII parts might be closer to a sim, but I don't fly those, so no idea.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I am glad that, f-4e is coming, engine overhaul, apache is coming shortly

I am sad that there wont be transport or awacs planes.

But what does "no napalm planned " mean? It is in the planned weapons list of hornet for a long time?

Transport or AWACS planes aren't planned by ED but it doesn't mean that there won't be a 3rd party which will make such heavy planes. I understoond the reasons Simon noted why ED won't make these planes however

Is it a Game, or is it a SIM? How cares?

Anyway, it's a lot of fun!

If there is any military in the world, stupid enough to connect DCS on a cockpit mockup with 3d motion? It's okay for me, and I am happy for ED. :cheer3nc:

Really? They do?

More than once?

I should consider buying a helicopter mockup with 3d motion. :music_whistling:

Ther so many out there playing with guns .......:gun_sniper:

It's just as always a question of money and perspective :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)