Routes assigend for AI while in game

Alpenwolf

If you select the cmdr slot and start assigning routes for ground units, some issues seem to always come up:

- If the route is off road, the AI stops at some point and doesn't pursue it any more.

- Even if it doesn't stop, it drives at low speeds, despite driving over flat terrains and without any obstacles.

- If you enter the vehicle and drive it yourself then deselect the unit, AI doesn't pursue the route any more.

- Even if you give that unit a new route because the older one might've had been messed up by your intervention, it doesn't fix the issue.

I've been having these mentioned issues with CA in multiplayer for several weeks. While talking to others on TS or SRS, it's been confirmed to me by different players that it's been like this for quite a while.

I don't have any .trk or tacview files currently (deleted them yesterday as I always do after a while), but if needed, let me know and I'll collect some over the next days.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

How I combat this is, if the unit is on a road and you want it to go off-road, put an offroad WP very close to where you want it to exit the roat and then you can put as long ones as you want, until you want it to go on a road again, then you place your last off-road WP very close to the road.

The other thing is I stopped putting the slider all the way to the right, as apparently if you put the slider all the way to the right and the unit can't go that fast, desync happens (don't know if still true), but it seems to have an effect for me.

Sometimes unit it still stuck even with above tips so I get in and drive it a bit and then give it new WP and it works.

But yeah.... still a lot of pathfinding and desync issues

• Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I don't push the speed slider all the way to the right for the exact same reason. I used to, but not any more.

You can't always guess the possible max speed of every unit. Therefore, it'd be more accurate to have a percentage bar to determine how much of the possible max speed a vehicle is supposed to travel at. 50%, 65%, 77%, 100%, etc. The rest is calculated automatically by the AI and the speed is adjusted accordingly.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Ye, that would be a solution.... some vehicles can do more than the slider allows as well. I give em an initial speed and if they can do it I bump it up and see if they can keep up with the new one, until I find their limit

• Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

If you select the cmdr slot and start assigning routes for ground units, some issues seem to always come up:

- If the route is off road, the AI stops at some point and doesn't pursue it any more.

- Even if it doesn't stop, it drives at low speeds, despite driving over flat terrains and without any obstacles.

- If you enter the vehicle and drive it yourself then deselect the unit, AI doesn't pursue the route any more.

- Even if you give that unit a new route because the older one might've had been messed up by your intervention, it doesn't fix the issue.

I've been having these mentioned issues with CA in multiplayer for several weeks. While talking to others on TS or SRS, it's been confirmed to me by different players that it's been like this for quite a while.

I don't have any .trk or tacview files currently (deleted them yesterday as I always do after a while), but if needed, let me know and I'll collect some over the next days.

Yes. Same problem.

this is a very serious problem.

vehicle groups cannot be controlled.

I do not understand why everyone is silent about this?

Сombited arms is broken. :cry:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • ED Team

Please include track replays, we have AI issues reported already but it maybe specific to mission, maps, bridges, objects, the track replay is the only way we can check and escalate a problem to the dev team 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2