Thrustmaster Warthog combined joystick problem - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #1
MadMonty

Reputation power: 1
MadMonty is on a distinguished road
Question Thrustmaster Warthog combined joystick problem

Gents,

out of nowhere I ran into the following problem...

When using TM Warthog joystick and throttle without running a TARGET-profile, I used to have a separate joystick and a separate throttle in DCS.

When using TM Warthog joystick and throttle running a TARGET-profile, I used to have a combined controller in DCS.

But now, when I run my TARGET-profile, I have my combined controller plus a separate joystick and a separate throttle in DCS.

So most of the axes and buttons are occupied twice. E.g. pressing the autopilot button resolves in a key-command by the combined controller and a DX-command by the separate throttle.

I could delete all buttons and axes of the separate controllers in DCS, but that is not how it meant to be.

Any ideas?

I already reinstalled TARGET-software. Firmware is up to date...

Cheers,

Monty

Thermaltake Core V1 | MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon | Intel I7700K | Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming | 32 GB RAM DDR4-3000 | Corsair H90 | 250 & 500 GB Samsung Evo850 SSD | WIN 10 64bit Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1
MadMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
MadMonty

OK, life is so simple.

Plugging the controllers out and in again, resolved the problem... Have done that before, so don´t ask what happened

EDIT: Problem is coming back, I have to unplug and replug the controllers... Any ideas why?

Thermaltake Core V1 | MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon | Intel I7700K | Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming | 32 GB RAM DDR4-3000 | Corsair H90 | 250 & 500 GB Samsung Evo850 SSD | WIN 10 64bit Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1

Last edited by MadMonty; 02-03-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Thrustmaster makes great hardware and TARGET is great, but the FAST service that Thrustmaster uses as the device middleware (for TARGET) is unstable garbage. Many times, I find that simply rebooting the computer clears all of the crud that destabilizes FAST after a while (especially when starting and stopping TARGET profiles).

I'm not sure if the FAST service is responsible for the issues you're having, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs

Last edited by Home Fries; 02-03-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #4
Thadiun Okona

Reputation power: 2
Thadiun Okona is on a distinguished road

Do you have win10? If so, your os is most likely doing you the delightful favor of powering down usb devices it thinks you are not using via the USB Power Management system. There's a way to disable this 'feature', solution 2 here:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...rts-dont-work/
Thadiun Okona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:27 AM   #5
B2Blain

Reputation power: 3
B2Blain is on a distinguished road

I was able to isolate the problem to the rudders - by deleting the profile. I may have solved it by increasing the dead zone by a little more and that seemed to solve the issue. I still need to do a more thorough test.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
B2Blain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #6
MadMonty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadiun Okona View Post
Do you have win10? If so, your os is most likely doing you the delightful favor of powering down usb devices it thinks you are not using via the USB Power Management system. There's a way to disable this 'feature', solution 2 here:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...rts-dont-work/
Thanks for your help, but that made no difference to my problem. I am just wondering, since it came out of nowhere... It even makes no difference after a reboot and a first profile loading via Target...

Old 02-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #7
Thermal

Reputation power: 8
Thermal has a spectacular aura aboutThermal has a spectacular aura aboutThermal has a spectacular aura aboutThermal has a spectacular aura aboutThermal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonty View Post
Gents,

But now, when I run my TARGET-profile, I have my combined controller plus a separate joystick and a separate throttle in DCS.
Do you have any "mode" commands in your profile?

Like this?
// Configure(&Joystick,MODE_FILTERED); // Filtered, can disable original in int EventHandle()

Does the issue happen with a plain, simple .tmc file running in the script editor?
Thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #8
Rangoon

Reputation power: 9
Rangoon is on a distinguished road

Has anyone determined a solution for this? I am getting same symptoms. In Windows 10 "Game Controllers" I see both the "Thrustmaster Combined" controller and each individual controller ("F16 MFD 1" "F16 MFD 2" "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"). This is after running a profile in the script editor. Prior to running the script I see only the discrete controllers. Of course in DCS, then, I see the same situation.
Rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
txmtb

Reputation power: 8
txmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the rough

Been seeing the same thing recently. Figuring it must be a windows update that caused it to start happening.
Also noticed a significant delay executing the script now as compared to before.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z87 I5-4670K @4.5 Water Cooled, 16Gb Corsair Dominator, 2X EVGA 970 SSC SLI, 512Gb SSD's, 2 TB HD Raid, , TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Last edited by txmtb; 10-12-2017 at 04:21 PM.
txmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #10
laumaya

laumaya has a spectacular aura aboutlaumaya has a spectacular aura aboutlaumaya has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmtb View Post
Been seeing the same thing recently. Figuring it must be a windows update that caused it to start happening.
Also noticed a significant delay executing the script now as compared to before.
I have the same problem.