Damage model bug.

Coxy_99

BUG: ER at 25km, Bandit splashed flying around gunning me, Tacview claims hes dead, But can be seen server side flying please fix this, Its been this way for a couple of years now most likely longer. I mean how is it really still flying lol

attachment.php?attachmentid=207214&stc=1&d=1553428024

Haha coxy that would have been me. Thought I was dead but I looked around and said hm, I'm still flying sort of, and my guns still work, so... take that! The tacview is hilarious, all these bullets come flying out of nowhere... it was the ghost of Delta Mike

Hard to tell if that's a bug, maybe. Bigger the jet the harder it is to knock it out of the sky, F15 is a big jet. OTOH if you take one bullet in the Hornet it always seems to hit your O2 doesn't it? Maybe the damage model needs tweaking.

In any event, DCS often thinks you're dead when you aren't quite... when that happens you drop off the f10 map, which makes it kinda hard to limp back to base sometimes eg when your nav systems are dead. Long as your radio is working the AI ATC can vector you in, but a human controller can't help you.

Then there's the supernatural AI thing. Personally I think Coxy is supernatural too but maybe it's just me. (Great flying bro)

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder