Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Luke selected for F-35 training,

http://www.luke.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123312354

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Click to enlarge (careful huge photos)

2012%5C07%5C120720-F-GX122-450.jpg

Coalition partnerships built through tactical training exercise

CAMPIA TURZII, Romania – An 81st Fighter Squadron A-10 Thunderbolt II pilot executes low-altitude strafes in a field here July 20 during Dacian Thunder, a partnership building exercise. Dacian Thunder is a month-long exercise in which U.S. Air Force, Romanian air force, U.S. Marine Corps and the Royal Air Force exchange techniques, tactics and procedures to strengthen coalition and joint capabilities. (U.S. Air force photo by Senior Airman Natasha Stannard/Released)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

wrt aforementioned raptor/tiffy comparison, would I be so wrong in a general impression that the margin between the top line fighters at this point, things like the raptor, tiffy, su30/35/ovg types and suchlike are just so close anyway, that you could beat everything with one type one week, and another type another week, for no real rhyme or reason, and whilst certainly different characteristically, flown well these margins are so close they're effectively as good as each other? Comparative evaluations would only be telling if there was a genuine flaw or performance shortfall to be exploited in a given type, wouldn't they? I don't think any of these birds have any serious shortfalls concerning each other at all...

Well, look at that; JHMCS on test A-10, so maybe on the way to operational units, if not there already.

2012%5C06%5C120628-f-oc707-006.jpg

Flight plan

Maj. Travis Burton, an A-10 pilot with the 40th Flight Test Squadron, reviews his checklists before take-off June 28. Elliot's sortie marked the first flight using an alcohol-derived fuel blend in an A-10 Thunderbolt II. (U.S. Air Force photo/Samuel King Jr.)

It's not there (operational units) for mass fielding yet but it's been in the latest -1 for some time now.

[VV]44470347[/VV]

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

The chinese are flying Su-33 copies, and no, that wouldnt be it on the photo above of course. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

[VV]44470347[/VV]

I like it, looks so like home!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Well, look at that; JHMCS on test A-10, so maybe on the way to operational units, if not there already.

2012%5C06%5C120628-f-oc707-006.jpg

Flight plan

Maj. Travis Burton, an A-10 pilot with the 40th Flight Test Squadron, reviews his checklists before take-off June 28. Elliot's sortie marked the first flight using an alcohol-derived fuel blend in an A-10 Thunderbolt II. (U.S. Air Force photo/Samuel King Jr.)

It's a Scorpion system, not JHMCS.

Here is the product's link URL.

http://www.gentexvisionix.com/

It's a Scorpion system, not JHMCS.

Here is the product's link URL.

http://www.gentexvisionix.com/

Ok so the USAF nor the ANG or AFR call it a JHMCS or HMCS?

What are the differences?

Paulkii

How is it called on the T.O.?

To whom it may concern,

wZAImwpptxE&feature=g-all-u

To whom it may concern,

New Tail 70 years - 349 sqn

Some A2A shots i took yesterday 02 august 2012.

img0927akopieborder.jpg

img1036kopieborder.jpg

349sqn2border.jpg

• Like 1

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

One of the first Mk.IXs delivered to 349 (Belgian) Squadron in February 1944, Spitfire MJ294 was assigned to the Commanding Officer Sqn Ldr Du Monceau de Bergindal as 'GE-X'.

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

The comparison makes sense only in a 1v1 setting. The two aircraft are close enough, and the only way to call one superior to the other is to put two perfect pilots in each (not mistakes, at all) and see which one wins.

There are however definitely ways of claiming superiority in certain areas. For example, one aircraft may have more TWR or a higher turn-rate in some part of the flight envelope. The F-22 flying clean always is an advantage of its own compared to aircraft that are dragged up with their pylons and weapons on them. How much of an advantage? Let's not go there.

There's no such thing as 'no rhyme or reason' here though; there's plenty of it, otherwise pilots wouldn't train for BFM. The truth is though that merging can be and will be a crap-shoot if done wrong or under poor circumstances.

Meanwhile, 1v1 gun fights between two aircraft that are generally close in performance should see the pilots make the difference. In this case, they came out more or less even; so it wasn't even about the planes here. 1v1 gun fights just don't really happen in reality the way they're set up in those exercises. They are valuable as exercises, but they're not a reflection of how most air to air combat happens. In reality you'd try to merge with superior numbers, drag and bag, HAGS, or however many other options you may have to help you shoot the other guy down, mission kill him or otherwise leave him high and dry while you proceed. This sort of set up happens way, way before the merge, and there the 22 has the huge advantage of stealth. It's just very likely that you won't see it coming, and if you spot him, you can be pretty certain that you're about to get bagged by his wingman. Not that non-stealthy planes can't do such a thing, but your chances of being sneaky decrease.

wrt aforementioned raptor/tiffy comparison, would I be so wrong in a general impression that the margin between the top line fighters at this point, things like the raptor, tiffy, su30/35/ovg types and suchlike are just so close anyway, that you could beat everything with one type one week, and another type another week, for no real rhyme or reason, and whilst certainly different characteristically, flown well these margins are so close they're effectively as good as each other? Comparative evaluations would only be telling if there was a genuine flaw or performance shortfall to be exploited in a given type, wouldn't they? I don't think any of these birds have any serious shortfalls concerning each other at all...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AFAIK, just a standard helmet ... last I heard there was no JHMCS integration yet, but it's supposed to happen at some point.

ok just an off topic but can anybody tell me what helmet system is the F-22 using?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Beautiful. What's the story behind that livery? They flew Spits in the BoB?

You can find some info on this page: http://www.349sqn.be/history

In fact, 349 sqn was first activated as an RAF squadron in Nigeria.

They did not participate in the Battle of Britain, being reactivated at at RAF wittering in 1943, transferring to RAF Digby from where they did action over France.

Even though Belgian territory was overrun and occupied, the Belgian Government continued the war from London and Belgian Forces joined the RAF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CyKClEx_pWk

P9GOf3wa6c4

To whom it may concern,