DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Folks, remember from the BST Holiday update post;

3D model is not at the state when we are ready to flash it to tease you yet.

So that must be AI 3D model ;)

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Folks, remember from the BST Holiday update post;

So that must be AI 3D model ;)

))) Hello Capt. Obvious

The Turkmenistan skin is a hint for a Turkmen/Afghanistan map?

Whoa )) hold on, hold on )) you're running waaayyy ahead of the train ))) lol

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Can't remember if it was in the F/A 18 subforum or the Livestream thread, but some observant person noted that on the modules bar for the loading screen in addition to the Hornet there were

"WIP 2.3.0" icons for both the Mi-24P and the F - 4.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

))) Hello Capt. Obvious

It's easy for people to have missed the announcement and think they're getting a peak at the actual player 3D model, no need to be condescending.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

))) Hello Capt. Obvious

Whoa )) hold on, hold on )) you're running waaayyy ahead of the train ))) lol

Afghanistan is the map they should have choosen in place of Hormuz. The Fishbed, the Grach, the Hind and the Hip, the A10, the Hornet and even the Tomcat! All of them fought there, is the map we MUST have.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

It's easy for people to have missed the announcement and think they're getting a peak at the actual player 3D model, no need to be condescending.

No offence ) can you tell me, what is the difference between "actual player 3D model" and AI 3D model?

Afghanistan is the map they should have choosen in place of Hormuz. The Fishbed, the Grach, the Hind and the Hip, the A10, the Hornet and even the Tomcat! All of them fought there, is the map we MUST have.

Yes! But! Unfortunately, for now we are getting SoH map :)

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

No offence ) can you tell me, what is the difference between "actual player 3D model" and AI 3D model?

Yes! But! Unfortunately, for now we are getting SoH map :)

The difference is that when ED or a 3rd party develops a module, they always update the model (sometimes releasing the new model for AI before the release of the module). However, the new model always gets built up from scratch and up to a much higher standard - i.e. the Chromecat vs HB Tomcat situation. So there is indeed a difference, one in quality and date modeled.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

The difference is that when ED or a 3rd party develops a module, they always update the model (sometimes releasing the new model for AI before the release of the module). However, the new model always gets built up from scratch and up to a much higher standard - i.e. the Chromecat vs HB Tomcat situation. So there is indeed a difference, one in quality and date modeled.

Final 3D model will be unified. Model for AI and for player won't have any difference, except that player aircraft also will have a 3D cockpit. It was discussed in russian section of forum, and ED team member said that they are trying to unify 3D models, so when they will make an AI aircraft a flyable one, they won't need to redesign the 3D model.

Final 3D model will be unified. Model for AI and for player won't have any difference, except that player aircraft also will have a 3D cockpit. It was discussed in russian section of forum, and ED team member said that they are trying to unify 3D models, so when they will make an AI aircraft a flyable one, they won't need to redesign the 3D model.

Yes, indeed. However that unification process hasn't happened yet, so currently there's a lot of reworking to be done.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Good to see the YAK sitting on the side of the runway, If this has a real strict "by the book" learn to fly, coms, nav and airports training then this one could be a nice little module.

But without doubt it is superb to see the Hind sitting on the side of the Runway..... rotors leaning to starboard.

Very Superb!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yes, indeed. However that unification process hasn't happened yet, so currently there's a lot of reworking to be done.

) of course my dear friend

This year really looks to be quite awesome, just with the list of things that are confirmed to be coming. The unrevealed projects also coming this year are of course a nice bonus as well, I myself hope that ED is finishing the MiG-23/27 that they promised to keep to themselves a little while back. :)

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Do you think I can replace the Mi-8?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

The Mi-24 will have the same effect on rotary-wings community as the F-18 on the fixed wings one. it will be a game changer. Suddenly, you have one awesome platform that can do just about everything the other ones can do together and so everybody will want to fly it. I am expecting to see a massive shift of activity towards this platform only and for a prolonged period of time before anyone will want to come back to an Mi8 or simple aircraft like the Huey.

Cant await it, to ride the MI-24 trough the Valley of the new Caucasus Map...

MI-24 has a limited Cargo Carry capacity and Weight lifting compare to the MI-8...

But should be given a formable strike Packed with MI-8 carry Cargo and the MI-24 give Fire Support..

Like both aircraft, would not regret to buy the MI-8 again, and both Aircraft have there special task, MI-24 doesn't replace the MI-8 job..

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Cant await it, to ride the MI-24 trough the Valley of the new Caucasus Map...

MI-24 has a limited Cargo Carry capacity and Weight lifting compare to the MI-8...

But should be given a formable strike Packed with MI-8 carry Cargo and the MI-24 give Fire Support..

Like both aircraft, would not regret to buy the MI-8 again, and both Aircraft have there special task, MI-24 doesn't replace the MI-8 job..

Like you said, they were designed to compliment each-other. Doing that very well.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

No one mention the AUTO HOVER capability of this aircraft... I looked this documentary after the F/A-18 update and now I am hyped about this helicopter, no more meh for me! Take a look at it, it is very interesting and show similarity (and difference of course) between Mil helicopter.

If you dont want to look at it entirely, there is a short segment about Mi-24P at 40m30s :smilewink:

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!