DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

that is indeed very funny :D

The more i read up on the hind, the more I am totally hyped for this module!

I am also very much looking forward to shooting the 30mm gun. I read that the vibration when firing it was so strong that, initially, the lubricant in the Raduga-SH missile guidance sight would leak and block the optics.

Watching videos of the gun in action make this very understandable.

Wonder if they will give us this awesome flame effect when firing the gun in the high RPM setting :gun_rifle:

mi24p_gun.thumb.jpg.841c0fdf98ee1a0c9afd8be19affb0b4.jpg

Looking forward to this module . It's gotta be the scariest weapon in the world to an infantryman . Can't run from it , can't hide 'cause it can carry a fire team to flush you out , and it's the very devil to shoot down without a manpad .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

that is indeed very funny :D

The more i read up on the hind, the more I am totally hyped for this module!

I am also very much looking forward to shooting the 30mm gun. I read that the vibration when firing it was so strong that, initially, the lubricant in the Raduga-SH missile guidance sight would leak and block the optics.

Watching videos of the gun in action make this very understandable.

Wonder if they will give us this awesome flame effect when firing the gun in the high RPM setting :gun_rifle:

In fact they had to lengthen the barrel of the guns to prevent the pilot in the gunner seat getting concussion.

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

In fact they had to lengthen the barrel of the guns to prevent the pilot in the gunner seat getting concussion.

There is small Doku on Youtube, Translated from Russian..

The Gsh-30 Gun was adopted from Su-25, the Muzzle Flash was so Powerfull was Dangerous for the MI-24 to fall appart next to the Cockpit..

The Gun is about 1 meter longer then the Su-25 Gun, get this small Caps on the Barrel to prevent blinding the crews..

Very Intressting Doku :D

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

As mentionned on a french forum, OH-58 from Polyshop seems to blow in from nowhere and is more advanced than the Mi-24 announced some years ago.

Priorities seem to be not the same...

Curious to seen what will be the DCS news for 2020, 3 weeks to wait.

For the Mi-24 in open beta...XXX weeks to wait.

I don't imagine waiting one more year ! :cry::cry:

As mentionned on a french forum, OH-58 from Polyshop seems to blow in from nowhere {...}

What?

It hardly blew in from nowhere. The has been on the cards for at least two-and-a-half years now.

First rumours in July 2017

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3205018&postcount=11

External 3D model well advanced in December 2017

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197704

Plans announced in October 2019

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252134

There was an in-flight video from October 2019

Contracts signed, licences obtained, formally announced, December 2019

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4137929&postcount=229

Priorities seem to be not the same...

This is not a surprise.

Polychop have only 2 modules, and have been working mostly on the OH58 in recent months (if not years).

In the meantime, ED have had the F-18, F-16, FW190 A8, core assets, WW2 assets, supercarrier, Yak52, and Mi24, ... at least.

PS: There is also a Bo-105 under development for DCS (although currently stalled as they need a coder for the flight model). I think the Mi-24 will be out first though.

What?

It hardly blew in from nowhere. The has been on the cards for at least two-and-a-half years now.

First rumours in July 2017

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3205018&postcount=11

External 3D model well advanced in December 2017

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197704

Plans announced in October 2019

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252134

There was an in-flight video from October 2019

Contracts signed, licences obtained, formally announced, December 2019

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4137929&postcount=229

This is not a surprise.

Polychop have only 2 modules, and have been working mostly on the OH58 in recent months (if not years).

In the meantime, ED have had the F-18, F-16, FW190 A8, core assets, WW2 assets, supercarrier, Yak52, and Mi24, ... at least.

PS: There is also a Bo-105 under development for DCS (although currently stalled as they need a coder for the flight model). I think the Mi-24 will be out first though.

When I said blow in from nowhere is related to their limited comms on the OH-58 and suddenly we can see some movies and screenshots with a well advanced module.

Rumors in Jul 17...If you have to follow and to think that each rumours on DCS will give you a final or even a beta module... :smilewink:

News from Oct 19...just 1-2 months ago ! :music_whistling:

BO-105, We had a lot of information about the evolution of the module.

F-14 from Heatblur, JF-17, MIG-15, and many others with similar information.

I am very happy to see the arrival of a new RW in DCS.

I just want to point out that DCS telling us regularly, and since several years, that the Mi-24 remains a module that is part of their priority but that so far, despite the latest announcements, we don't see much...

As long as we do not see the work evolve in a concrete way, doubts will persist. And I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that way.

In the meantime I am having a very good time with the Mi-8... but I am looking forward to the arrival of his "Big" brother. :)

The duo Mi-8 and Mi-24 will allow us to carry out countless missions in our favorite simulator! :thumbup:

Edited by Razorback

I just want to point out that DCS telling us regularly, and since several years, that the Mi-24 remains a module that is part of their priority but that so far, despite the latest announcements, we don't see much...

Fair point. I partially mis-understood what you were getting at.

The duo Mi-8 and Mi-24 will allow us to carry out countless missions in our favorite simulator! :thumbup:

Totally agree! The Mi-8 + Mi-24 pair show up a LOT in real-life operations. It will be the best helicopter synergy in DCS for the foreseeable future.

Totally agree! The Mi-8 + Mi-24 pair show up a LOT in real-life operations. It will be the best helicopter synergy in DCS for the foreseeable future.

Mi-8MTv2 to fly infantry and give support or search and rescue.

Mi-24P gunship to support Mi-8's and sometimes transport troops to fight and support them too. But mainly be the gunship for attacks.

And then have a KA-50 to recon and tank bust....

What is lacking is a Su-25A in proper way, and infantry troops with radios and smoke grenades... So the infantry would actually be having firefights that can last even hours or days.... Instead seconds.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What is lacking is a Su-25A in proper way, and infantry troops with radios and smoke grenades... So the infantry would actually be having firefights that can last even hours or days.... Instead seconds.

What is lacking is...the Mi-24 ! Lollll

Santa Claus gift ? For sure not the module but maybe can we hope for some news. I can't even imagine some "real" new screenshots!

The update of the A-10C cockpit is now completed, the one of the KA-50 seems almost finalized…Let's hope that ED will redirect some of their collaborators to the Hind.

2020...the year of the HIND! That's my only DCS wish for the new year...

The update of the A-10C cockpit is now completed, the one of the KA-50 seems almost finalized…Let's hope that ED will redirect some of their collaborators to the Hind.

I think that you're being a little optimistic.

ED have stated that they'll be doing further work on the visuals of the A10c.

I'm also expecting them to update other aircraft interiors after the Ka50, i.e. the Mi8. It's not been announced, but it does seem to be lagging behind the others for it's visuals, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the programme list of "to be done" in 2020.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

What is lacking is...the Mi-24 ! Lollll

Santa Claus gift ? For sure not the module but maybe can we hope for some news. I can't even imagine some "real" new screenshots!

Year by year grafic is going better and better so Yes ED have to do some updates on older modules.But i am waiting for the Mi24 too!!!

I start flying the Ka50 and it is all bugs!!!!So it need his update.

I also hope when they release the Mi24 the find or fix the code for the multycrew so all helicopter can have it.

I believe 2020 is the year or choppers!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On russian forum, will be a interview with Alexander Podvoisky about the Mi-24P, other module and DCS World on general on Varg Youtube Channel on November. A Q&A has planned.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4083328#post4083328

Was the interview concluded and what questions were answered?

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was the interview concluded and what questions were answered?

I didn't see any reports on that.

And in general news about the progress of the Mi-24 are and were very rare and limited, especially during the last few weeks.

No update in the latest Weekend News.

We have to wait for the announcement of the "2020" projects in ED's last communication of 2019 BUT...

A year ago they promised that the "rotor heads" will not be forgotten...:music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

We can only note that the ED priorities have been at the end quiet different...:huh:

The Mi-24 Module is the chimera of DCS ! :megalol::megalol:

Wawwww...03 years ago

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/dcs-mi-24-hind-confirmed/2927

Edited by Razorback

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news regarding the Mi-24 !!:megalol: (Finally)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

"The Mi-24P has been in development for the past year, and it is on track to be released in 2020. The HIND will be the next helicopter for DCS World and will include cooperative multiplayer, next-generation graphics for the external model and cockpit, and a wide range of mission types from anti-armor attack to troop transport."

The Mi-24P will be an outstanding partner to the Mi-8MVT2!

• 2 weeks later...
With the upcoming arrival (announced in 2020 by ED) of the Mi-24 module

I really admire and envy your optimism man. I mean really

But you do realize that they have been saying that for years, don''t you?

And they keep falling back to phrases like "It's an estimation, or a hope, not a promise" (just look in the Mi-8 Multicrew thread, for a very recent example)

Looking at the most recent images of their "work in progress"

I'd say it's just as far away from release now, as it was four years ago.

Not meaning to rain on your parade buddy. The Simpit project is awesome.

At least it will keep you occupied :D

And I bet it will be awesome even for flying the Magnificent Eight :thumbup:

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

I really admire and envy your optimism man. I mean really

But you do realize that they have been saying that for years, don''t you?

And they keep falling back to phrases like "It's an estimation, or a hope, not a promise" (just look in the Mi-8 Multicrew thread, for a very recent example)

Looking at the most recent images of their "work in progress"

I'd say it's just as far away from release now, as it was four years ago.

Not meaning to rain on your parade buddy. The Simpit project is awesome.

At least it will keep you occupied :D

And I bet it will be awesome even for flying the Magnificent Eight :thumbup:

Hi Grodlund,

Yes for 2020, I decided to be optimistic and even if the Beta module of the Mi-24 Hind is relased on 31 Dec 2020 I will become the most happy guy on this forum...:smilewink:

Like you said, very limited news and screenshots on the Mi-24 during the last 4 years but indeed, even if we have to wait more than 12 months, I will nevertheless be happy to flight with the Magnificient Height !

Wags if you read me....GET ON WORK TO MAKE SURE THE PROMISE IS KEPT....whith no change of priority... :thumbup:

Thxxxxxxxxxxx