RS Mapper Release

Avantar

OK, I can confirm that the issue can be resolved and is working fine if duration is set to 75ms for a keypress. It's already working in sequence functionality (still closed beta) but prior to release I intend to rework regular actios to this new method as well. Will work fine! :)

Thanks so much for making RS Mapper. I have really enjoyed using it. However I find myself in the same position with the launch bar on the hornet. Is the feature coming to set the duration of key press?

The other item I having an issue with is that the zero delay USB encoder I am using registers 4 inputs as axis and not a hat. So I can’t use those for inputs through RS mapper. Could that functionality be added?

Lastly I had an issue using it for a short time where DCS wouldn’t recognise keypresses but it would type into word etc. Running as administrator fixed this for me if anyone else has this issue.

Avantar, any update on allowing the Windows keys to be used as modifiers?

Thanks

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

It is functional and working as the others are in RS Mapper but will not work in DCS. Extend is on the off position (RL). Retract in the SP and LP just won't do it.

Is the feature coming to set the duration of key press?

Avantar, any update on allowing the Windows keys to be used as modifiers?

Thanks

Any Keyboard key as a modifier would be great :].

I have just uploaded a new version of the RS Mapper tool (see the updated first post) With version 0.46 now you are able to:

- use F/A-18 launch bar with keypress without problems (defect fixed)

- Set sequence of keypresses to be used with single button

- Use any key as modifier (including windows key) - trough sequence functionality, just set the start delay to the same value and both keys will be pressed at the same time.

Gladman, jl88, Chic and Grajo - I think v0.46 should solve your problems :)

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THANK YOU !!!!!!

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hey Avantar,

Indeed I was wondering if keyboard key could be used as "Change Profile" Key :].

Also about the "Selected Profile Screen Overlay" could this be possible at some point?

(like a text that shows which profile is on, like if it was a FPS counter or so)

This would be so sweet :music_whistling:

Thanks for all the hard work so far !!!

Hey guys. Thanks for great feedback on the RS Mapper. Just to give you heads up where the software is going now I am posting prioritized list of functionalities I am currently (slowly :P) working on:

- Remembering the app layout

- Editable button names

- Selected profile overlay window

- Support for Saitek/Logitech flight panels (big one!)

- Axis support for mapping (big one!)

- Profile changes on keyboard key press (low priority)

I cannot provide any ETA for these functionalities, but just letting you know I have them on my roadmap :)

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love it. Finally I can ignite engines moving the throttles out of detent. That alone is worth it :)

Brings up a side topic question: I found out "start engine" is RAlt+Home/End (L/R) by sheer coincidence - how come this is not listed in "Adjust Controls" for the F-14 but still works?

Right Windows key option?

JUST CHOPPERS

• 3 weeks later...

Right Windows key support added (new version - 0.47)

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right Windows key support added (new version - 0.47)

My Man!

JUST CHOPPERS

Had a chance to try RSMapper recently and it's been great as a replacement for Joystick Gremlin (Windows 1903 update brakes vJoy) as well as TM Target to some extent.

There is one function that I use quite a bit with other apps which is sequence (toggle). By that I don't mean the sequence (macro) that is already in, but each time you press a single button it does different actions--For example, cycling between different Mastermodes VSTOL/NAV/AG in the Harrier with each press of a button. Am I missing something or this functionality hasn't been implemented?

Once you added the axis mapping functionality, please consider buttons to axis, axis to buttons, split axis, etc. as well. Thanks!

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Had a chance to try RSMapper recently and it's been great as a replacement for Joystick Gremlin (Windows 1903 update brakes vJoy) as well as TM Target to some extent.

There is one function that I use quite a bit with other apps which is sequence (toggle). By that I don't mean the sequence (macro) that is already in, but each time you press a single button it does different actions--For example, cycling between different Mastermodes VSTOL/NAV/AG in the Harrier with each press of a button. Am I missing something or this functionality hasn't been implemented?

Once you added the axis mapping functionality, please consider buttons to axis, axis to buttons, split axis, etc. as well. Thanks!

Ok, only now I have been made aware of how serious problem with vJoy is. Given that info I will focus on axis mapping in RS mapper. It will not duplicate vJoy functionality (for now I will not be making "virtual" devices) but basic axis recognition and event firing should be a good start.

as for different master modes with single button the best way to achieve is to create couple of profiles and map the button to "chagne profile" - the same button. Only in profile 1 it will go to profile 2, on profile2 it will switch to profile 3 and on profile 3 it will switch back to profile 1. Very easily achievable.

Edited by Avantar

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey there,

I´ve got another request.

VV65ifx.png

would it be possible to rename the Buttons? Its sometzimes hard to figure which Button is actually where on the stick. I´ve got a list, but it would sometimes be more easy to just read it from your tool...btw, thx for your constant support:thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is possible have a "delay" (or hold) between a modifier and a key, example LShift+F.

I try use in IL-2 Great Battles (Bo'X'), but this game have problem with keymappers (JoyToKey, SVMapper, RSMapper...) because without "delay" or hold game see: F, LShift+F.

• 3 weeks later...
Is possible have a "delay" (or hold) between a modifier and a key, example LShift+F.

I try use in IL-2 Great Battles (Bo'X'), but this game have problem with keymappers (JoyToKey, SVMapper, RSMapper...) because without "delay" or hold game see: F, LShift+F.

(Sorry for longer response times, holiday season...) This should be achievable by Sequence functionality. Never tested it on Il-2 though so I am sure what to expects. If you set the sequence you can explicitly tell the program to "hold" the key for this and this amount of miliseconds, release for this and this duration and then press another key. It will probably take some tinkering to find just the right duration but it should work. Please let me know what you find!

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you add the option to let us define the length of a press needed? For instance, i feel the A-10c's long press is quite long, i figure 500ms might be enough. If we could freely choose a value...

The feature to simulate a button keep pressing is already implemented. Just check the continuous option, with this option activated you can for use a Teamspeak PTT e.g.

OfTE25H.png

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I have tried the software and I think this is what I need but I have some problems with it....I can't make it work under DCS:). I have mapped some buttons and it works, I mean I can even type with the TH Warthog in MS Word:) but when I start DCS nothing happens. When I press the keyboard buttons in DCS those are working but not from the throttle.

Any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks!

Hello Guys,

I have tried the software and I think this is what I need but I have some problems with it....I can't make it work under DCS:). I have mapped some buttons and it works, I mean I can even type with the TH Warthog in MS Word:) but when I start DCS nothing happens. When I press the keyboard buttons in DCS those are working but not from the throttle.

Any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks!

I think I did something wrong. It is OK now.

• 3 weeks later...

Axis mapping?

Hi Avantar,

Thanks again for all your time and effort. I’m currently using RS Mapper to run all the switches on my home F-86 cockpit project.

igv465.jpg

I’m now working on getting an actual F-86 throttle quadrant set up to work with the game as well. Have wired all the switches in the grip head, the flaps lever, and the cutoff switch that gets activated when you pull the throttle back past the idle stop.

DhyUs9.png

Everything works great with RS Mapper and now I have to concentrate on getting the actual throttle axis itself set up to work in game.

So when you say Axis Mapping is in the works, I’m hoping you mean being able to map only a certain range of physical axis travel as the full range of in-game axis travel? I’d like to be able to have the game ignore the aft portion of throttle travel from the idle stop rearward to the cutoff position, so there is no chance of the thrust axis recalibrating/expanding every time I move the lever rear of idle.

@MemphisBelle Yep that feature i was referring to. But what i was asking was whether we could define the actual length in milli seconds that long key press takes. Afaik RS mapper registers a long key press after 1000ms like it is setup in the A-10c. I feel this is quite long and i'd think it useful if we could define how long a "long" button press should be. For isntance, 500ms would probably work equally well and be much faster.