• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DITO, Here...:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

ok got mine and well I love the throttle controller, the joystick I believe my CH fighter stick is better.

things I miss on the controller,

Slider

profile indicator in the task bar, for changing the profile on the fly

things I love about it,

Lots of switches and buttons...:thumbup:

I use the slider for z control to look closer at the object. its like

having a pair of bino's in the cockpit to me.

:joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 4 weeks later...

I have now been using the X-55 throttle unit for more than 4 months.

No issues but a couple of missing screws so far.

During that time there have been no difficulties in the process of finding relatively uniform and intuitive control assignments for all the different types of modules in DCSW. Use of the keyboard is only very rarely necessary in any module... Yes, I know it says HOTAS on the box, but this works even modules lilke the A-10C, which have so many different commands that they can outnumber the buttons on most available controllers.

Thanks to the sheer mass of buttons, switches, hats and rotaries on the throttle it is easily possible to sacrifice and assign 2 buttons as modifiers, thereby increasing the number of isntantly available commands on both throttle and stick (G940) even more. The mode switch on the other hand is something I instead like to use for setting the AP-mode in the A-10C or the pipper mode in the P-51D for example. All can be easily configured within DCSW, except for the "mouse-stick", which feels a little superfluous to me. Another button would have been nicer. :) Ergonomy is good, although some switches are bit hard to reach and it has nothing to really rest your wrist on. Throttle friction is nice and smooth and perfectly works for rotary as well as fixed wing A/C.

For now, the X-55 joystick has gone to a buddy together with either a P-51 or Fw 190, so he can try out DCSW. It´s not that I don´t like it, but I prefer to have FFB and trim wheels. Even though I only use the throttle ATM, it is a purchase I certainly do not regret. Then again I was using the G940 throttle before... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

• 1 month later...

I bought my X-55 one month ago and to be my first HOTAS I expected more. First I hate that the thumb hat in the stick is actually a button!! The Speed Brake slider is just a button that can be held in the on and off positions and it's virtually useless unless you use the H.U.D. software. Later I realized that those two stupid buttons in the throttle aren't enought to replace a Coolie Hat and Slew Hat!. Sometimes when I try to program the hotas in the HUD software my PC crashes and get a "Blue screen of death". It's just terrible!!

The good thing is that the build quailty and operation or functionality works just fine. The stick has great precision and myself with relatively small hands see no problem with the grip size.

The Throttle is a mix between F-15 and F-16 and you will be able to bind the buttons more easily than with the A-10C. I find the mouse nipple very convenient for slewing or looking around if you know how to program it correctly.

I hope Saitek release better drivers that correct those many incompatilbilty issues many users are experiencing. The future of this set is in how they will patch their software.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to order a pair of directional-push switches like these http://au.element14.com/alps/skqudbe010/navigation-switch-5way-smd/dp/1435776

and try to replace the thumb button in the stick with one of these. Will the other positiions of the switch be recognized? I will see..

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

x-55

I have a ticket with MADCATS telling the about the software issue. I has been three week I have stayed in constant contact on the software. I believe they can and should fix that one. Mine has been the stick button in Mode 2 and 3 only keystroke mode one.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• 2 months later...

I have an apparently not listed problem with the X-55. Everything works fine, except the mode switching on the stick... mode switching perfectly works on the throttle, but is not "detected" by the stick. So, throttle's buttons 32 33 and 34 are correctly switching, but the stick's buttons 15 16 and 17 never moves (staying at button 15 pushed, or "Mode 1").

I also have TWO "X-55 Rhino" icons in the systray, one for the stick, and another for the throttle (i can load two differents profiles at the same time), is that normal ?

I tryed several USB ports, 2.0 or 3.0, reinstalling drivers, but no way.

Anybody had experienced this bug ?

EDIT: Great ! now the button emulation don't work any more... (worked fine, HID buttons works). Who are the Mad Catz's developpers ? Monkey, dogs, pigs ? Random c++ generator ?

Edited by sedenion

I also have TWO "X-55 Rhino" icons in the systray, one for the stick, and another for the throttle (i can load two differents profiles at the same time), is that normal ?

That is not normal.

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0, AMD FX-8350, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB G.SKILL ARES DDR3-2133, Windows 8 Pro, Saitek x55, Saitek Combat Pedals, FTNOIR

I have an apparently not listed problem with the X-55. Everything works fine, except the mode switching on the stick... mode switching perfectly works on the throttle, but is not "detected" by the stick. So, throttle's buttons 32 33 and 34 are correctly switching, but the stick's buttons 15 16 and 17 never moves (staying at button 15 pushed, or "Mode 1").

I tryed several USB ports, 2.0 or 3.0, reinstalling drivers, but no way.

Anybody had experienced this bug ?

EDIT: Great ! now the button emulation don't work any more... (worked fine, HID buttons works). Who are the Mad Catz's developpers ? Monkey, dogs, pigs ? Random c++ generator ?

your lucky I cant even get one to show up.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 7 months later...

HUD Software update released

Hi,

I don't know since when it has released but a new HUD software is available at official website :

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Drivers are still the same : X55_Rhino_7_0_32_81_x64_Drivers.exe

But software is new : X55_Rhino_7_0_38_0_x64_Software.exe

It seems all issues I had on Win8.1 are history (devices not initializing correctly until replugged at each software start, LED control not working, ...).

Hopefully it fixes some random hard "Rhino Profiler.exe" crashes I experienced while ingame as well.

Just so you know, because I didn't have update notification anywhere.

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

Hi,

I don't know since when it has released but a new HUD software is available at official website :

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Drivers are still the same : X55_Rhino_7_0_32_81_x64_Drivers.exe

But software is new : X55_Rhino_7_0_38_0_x64_Software.exe

It seems all issues I had on Win8.1 are history (devices not initializing correctly until replugged at each software start, LED control not working, ...).

Hopefully it fixes some random hard "Rhino Profiler.exe" crashes I experienced while ingame as well.

Just so you know, because I didn't have update notification anywhere.

is this compatible with the older stuff, or is this only for the X55?:joystick: