Training videos will not install

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am trying to install these today with the same error.

"DCS:Black Shark 2 not found! Installation interupted!"

It seems like it may be looking for a stand alone game instead of the DCS module because I can use the KA-50 Just fine in DCS World. By just fine I mean is works. I crash it quite fast. Hence my wishing to have training modules for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, an absolute fresh egg here...just got DCS 2.0 with NTTR & FC3 directly from the DCS website.

Am getting the same error while trying to install the SU27 training videos. Don't get the option of direct downloads from within the game either.

Pls can the senior members help? And also guide me where to get trained on the SU33?

Thanks in advance!

|| नभ स्पर्शं दीप्तम् || - Touch the sky with glory

• ED Team

for now you can find all the tutorial videos here

bare in mind these were from earlier versions of the game, but the principle is the same

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all, an absolute fresh egg here...just got DCS 2.0 with NTTR & FC3 directly from the DCS website.

Am getting the same error while trying to install the SU27 training videos. Don't get the option of direct downloads from within the game either.

Pls can the senior members help? And also guide me where to get trained on the SU33?

Thanks in advance!

Is this for Flaming Cliffs 2 or 3?

I will download from the Site and Check,

I know I have most of them in the Module ID List to use w/ DCS_Updater.exe

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 4 months later...

Use the DCS_Updater.exe GUI 3rd party utility for sure that's the easy route. If you're kick-ass then you can just extract the files straight from the Fighter_Weapons_School_Video_EN.exe installer/archive lol. It's simply an installer made using the open source inno installer and can easily be extracted by many routes. Sadly you can't right click open with 7zip like you can many other .exe files, but it's simple enough. Universal Extractor 2 is great for this or you can simply get the extractor specifically for the inno setup files with is all the ED uses to my knowledge. After you get the files out place them in the proper directory (you will see once you extract them as they come with parent folders for the root directory and all required sub folders. They are just video files .ogg and .lua for the order & description etc.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

F-15C Training Video's

The Video's and sound quality for the F-15C are horrible. ED could have at lease re-worked the video's using the same format as Flaming Cliffs with better video and sound quality. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |