X56 Joystick not responding

So trying to come back to ED but can not get my joystick to respond in game, throttle works all functions on stick works but i can not pitch or roll planes. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you alos this is only for the SU-27 and 33 a-10 and f-15 seem fine

Edited by MadMexican

Well throttle works for a-10, f-15 as well as joystick but none of the profiles with key binds work, air brakes, being cntl b works but toggle does not same with any toggles or triggers. i have profiles and i can even do the test of each toggle in the program window so every thing is triggering like it should at least in test mode but in game it does not on any planes

Well throttle works for a-10, f-15 as well as joystick but none of the profiles with key binds work, air brakes, being cntl b works but toggle does not same with any toggles or triggers. i have profiles and i can even do the test of each toggle in the program window so every thing is triggering like it should at least in test mode but in game it does not on any planes

Are you definitely remembering to load the profile into the X56 before starting the game? Either click the Profile Now button in the programming software after loading the profile, or right click the X56 icon in your systray and then left click the name of the profile that you want to load into the X56.

You'll know a profile is loaded because the X56 icon will have a green background.

I think it's a conflict with DCSW as it comes with its own default profile for X56. So, if you use Saitek Profiler and its profiles, you have to go to DCSW and for each plane, delete all the button assignments present in the Saitek X56 column (IIRC there is a delete entire category option which shows up if you select any entry of that column to speed things up) and save the changes. The button assignments from the active Saitek profile should work after that.

Then also check the axis assignments and re-do them if necessary (it's possible you might have some other device that DCSW assigned the pitch and roll axes to).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!