This module and DCS: WWII and Normandy map?

sobe

I have had this module on my computer for some time and now with the near-future release of DCS: Normandy Map, I am going to get into it and I have some questions:

1. Is this module compatible with all the planes in the DCS: WWII module so that I can fly with/against planes in the WWII module?
  2. Will this module and the planes in the WWII module all be able to fly together in the DCS: Normandy Map?
  3. Will the DCS: WWII module have any of the planes that have been released as separate modules such as the FW190?

I have downloaded Chuck's guide and am ready to begin.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

1. Yes

2. It will be able to fly with any other aircraft, regardless of era. There is no WWII module.

3. See the second sentence of 2.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hello cichlidfan

This is the second time this week you have responded to my questions and I just want to thank you for your patience.

When I referred to the WWII module above, I was referring to this module in DCS---DCS WWII: Europe 1944-1945. I am not sure what it is.

PS: I am also a vet from a long time ago (VN war era).

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

That just refers to the various modules that belong to that period. Although ED may offer various bundles, at some point, there is no WWII module, per se, just the Normandy map and the various aircraft which will each be sold individually.

You are quite welcome, by the way. I try to contribute in whatever way I can.

S! and thank you for your service.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The "title" is a kind of leftover from a WWII project based on DCS engine, initiated on Kickstarter a couple of years ago by another company. As the idea evolved, nowadays it's been used rather as a general description of a bunch of WWII planes and a map developed and sold separately by ED.

As Cichlidfan noted, neither plane of DCS lineup is or will be restricted to any particular map, You'll be able to fly anything anywhere.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...

perhaps what might be a little confusing is the blurb referring to the WWII Assets pack / bundle. This just means the extra AI and placeable models that will be available to populate the map, such as the WWII tanks and vehicles.

Although this is just a terrain area, I do hope that some restriction can be placed on the "Create fast mission". A parameter that can be used to restrict auto generated assets to the correct era for the aircraft selected would be nice.

The other day I tried one with the F-86 selected without thinking and immediately got blown out of the sky by a pair of SU-27...

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is still relevant, but:

- Normandy map. If you purchase it, you will be able to fly in/against all currently controllable WW2 aircraft (P-51, BF109, FW-190)

- Normany Asset pack ads AI controlled airplanes such as B-17 (there is a full list of planned airplanes somewhere). If you do not have this pack, you won't be able to fly against these planes or join servers where these units are used.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
Bonjours,

Nous sommes le 26 05 2017 à 14 h 20 et toujours pas de nouvelle de la carte ...:(:(

jusque quand faudra-t-il attendre ?

Merci

Il faut attendre environ 16/17h pour que la newsletter arrive et la carte disponible au téléchargement :thumbup:

No then, the Dora didn't fly and fight over Normandy during the D-Day campaign. It followed a little later, as did the Kurfurst.

They may possibly however have flown over Normandy in 1945 if they got severely geographically embarrassed, but of course it wasn't the focus of the air battle by that stage.